PDA

View Full Version : Question about spiderman

The Anti-crest
07-20-2009, 06:44 AM
I'm a huge huge huge fan of pro wrestler "Raven". Someone told me he wrote a spiderman comic, number 14 of the tangled web series.

Is this any good? When did it come out? Is it hard to find?

HaphazardJoy
07-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I doubt it. July 2002. With a price tag about the same as the retail cost, probably not.

Mike225
07-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I think Spider-Man beats a woman in it.

Eugene Selassie
07-20-2009, 01:00 PM

So he hit another woman besides MJ?

Mark Bertolini
07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
So he hit another woman besides MJ?

Must have been pre-OMD.

The Anti-crest
07-21-2009, 07:38 PM

Spiderman doesn't even appear in the story until the last page.

Must have been pre-OMD.

OMD?

toyfiend2004
07-21-2009, 09:19 PM
Spiderman doesn't even appear in the story until the last page.

OMD?

OMD = One More Day, where a deal was made with Mephisto to turn back time so MJ and PP never married, Harry was still alive, and the writers turned out sh_t stories. oops. was that last point out loud? :blink:

The Anti-crest
07-22-2009, 12:52 PM
OMD = One More Day, where a deal was made with Mephisto to turn back time so MJ and PP never married, Harry was still alive, and the writers turned out sh_t stories. oops. was that last point out loud? :blink:

wow, sounds lame.

Eugene Selassie
07-22-2009, 01:37 PM

Wow, that was harsh.

Clever, but harsh.

HaphazardJoy
07-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Yeah man, that was harsh, and by harsh I mean entirely true.
There's been a few short arcs that were fun, and there's been some great art since OMD, but those arcs that were fun would have been just as good if OMD had never happened.

Nano-Love
07-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Back on topic, the story is 'One Last Shoot' and it's co-written by Brian Azzarello. While certainly no milestone, it's a very cool done-in-one tale that grants us a glimpse of one of the many wrinkles of Spider-Man's history. It sheds some light on the wrestler Peter Parker stomped just before Uncle Ben got killed.

I highly recommend hunting down the trades of this wonderful series.

The Anti-crest
07-22-2009, 04:29 PM
Back on topic, the story is 'One Last Shoot' and it's co-written by Brian Azzarello. While certainly no milestone, it's a very cool done-in-one tale that grants us a glimpse of one of the many wrinkles of Spider-Man's history. It sheds some light on the wrestler Peter Parker stomped just before Uncle Ben got killed.

I highly recommend hunting down the trades of this wonderful series.

thanks for the info

Eugene Selassie
07-22-2009, 05:31 PM
Yeah man, that was harsh, and by harsh I mean entirely true.
There's been a few short arcs that were fun, and there's been some great art since OMD, but those arcs that were fun would have been just as good if OMD had never happened.

The only ones that I really enjoyed were by Joe Kelly or Mark Waid.

I just feel "Been there, done that" with many of the stories.

JMS, like it or not, was exploring new ground, took Aunt May's character to the next logical step and made MJ likeable.

Oh well, I still have Ultimate--
Huh??...What's Ultimatum??...

Oh....

Mike225
07-24-2009, 12:11 AM

I highly recommend hunting down the trades of this wonderful series.The wrestler and Spider-Man then beat two separate women.