they don't answer emails about orders and its been close to two months! :man:

am I screwed? :mad:
Is it an Indyplanet or a Ka-blam?

ponyrl
07-18-2009, 12:46 PM
Indy.

dmh_3000
07-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I think they're busy getting ComicsMonkey set up. I've noticed in the past couple of months whenever I tried to get something done through Indyplanet or Ka-Blam, it takes a while (Still waiting for a poster and some shirts).

Here's hoping when that ends they'll be reliable again.

Mwynn
07-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Indy.
Not sure on that one, when I use the message center at Ka-blam I get an answer within 24 hours.

The Predator
07-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Same here, answer within 24 hours, they work hard on getting comicsmonkey ready.
The Predator

ponyrl
07-29-2009, 04:15 PM
finally got my books.

NEVER dealing with IP again, which is a shame since some of the books there look cool.

Biofungus
07-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Problem is, for all their workload and expansion, Ka-Blam still has like what, 3 people working it? They're overstretching themselves...

Mwynn
07-29-2009, 04:54 PM
I have not had one problem with IP. When I order books they always get to me within 4 days. I had an order that almost missed my ship by date. Barry shipped it to me for free.

Brother Zag
07-29-2009, 04:55 PM
There's only one time of year when Indy Planet gets this bogged down, and that's pre SDCC and in con season in general. With Diamond sloughing off so many Indies, I'm sure they've got a bigger load than they used to have. Things are taking very long this summer, but their message center always gets back to me quickly, even if it is just to say, we're working on it.

It sounds like you're going through the wrong communication route, by the way. Use the message center on Ka-Blam, don't send emails to Indy Planet.

I've been very happy - they screwed up the cover on one book and replaced it immediately, no charge for shipping or anything. Good people.

ponyrl
07-30-2009, 01:30 AM
Ah.

Hm.

You give valid points of information.

L Jamal
07-30-2009, 10:27 AM
If you're ordering other people's books via Indy Planet why should you have to contact Ka-Blam to check on your order? That's backwards!

Fulfillment of Indy Planet orders should be just as important as fulfilling all other orders. When your customers aren't receiving their orders on a timely basis then that's a problem.

Brother Zag
07-30-2009, 11:03 AM
If you're ordering other people's books via Indy Planet why should you have to contact Ka-Blam to check on your order? That's backwards!

Fulfillment of Indy Planet orders should be just as important as fulfilling all other orders. When your customers aren't receiving their orders on a timely basis then that's a problem.

If it other people's books he's ordering, you are right, Jamal...

I took it to mean his own books, and perhaps assumed too much.

Are these your own books, pony, or did you order other people's?

I haven't had a problem ordering other people's books, except one time when the site locked up on an order a year or two ago. i just had to reorder and they wiped out the original one. It was a little annoying but not catastrophic.

L Jamal
07-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I took it to mean his own books, and perhaps assumed too much.
Why would he order his own books via IndyPlanet? That's the retail side and he'd pay retail prices instead of just the printing prices.

Plus he later said:
NEVER dealing with IP again, which is a shame since some of the books there look cool.