PDA

View Full Version : Deadpool and Spider-Man

JamieRoberts
07-17-2009, 06:12 AM
I've enjoyed comics for some years now, but very little has excited me in recent months. I thought I'd lost my love for the medium.

Nuh-uh.

First, I saw Skottie Young's sweet and hilarious Spider-Man/Deadpool cover (http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1247764864). Mini nerdgasm.

Then, I saw the article and discovered that Joe Kelly was writing the one-issue story. Joe Kelly back on Deadpool? That's like the second coming for me!

Lastly, at the end of the article... the art is by Eric Canete. I'm floored by this.

For me, the last few years, comics have always had one weak link. Either I don't like the art, or the writing, or the story structure, or the character. This is the first time I can say I have been excited about every element. I hope it lives up to expectations. One issue. You'd think I just won the lottery from my reaction...

Article (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22067)

Anybody else think this is good news?

Eugene Selassie
07-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I've enjoyed comics for some years now, but very little has excited me in recent months. I thought I'd lost my love for the medium.

Nuh-uh.

First, I saw Skottie Young's sweet and hilarious Spider-Man/Deadpool cover (http://www.comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?disp=img&pid=1247764864). Mini nerdgasm.

Then, I saw the article and discovered that Joe Kelly was writing the one-issue story. Joe Kelly back on Deadpool? That's like the second coming for me!

Lastly, at the end of the article... the art is by Eric Canete. I'm floored by this.

For me, the last few years, comics have always had one weak link. Either I don't like the art, or the writing, or the story structure, or the character. This is the first time I can say I have been excited about every element. I hope it lives up to expectations. One issue. You'd think I just won the lottery from my reaction...

Article (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=22067)

Anybody else think this is good news?

I've never dug Deadpool when he wasn't written by Nicieza or Kelly, so this is nice.

Moonrider
07-17-2009, 08:06 PM
Good news.

onizuka43
07-21-2009, 12:56 AM
The first issue of Deadpool I ever got was the one where he replaces Spider-man in an old issue so I'm very excited to check this out when it is released. Also Kelly has been easily my favorite writer on Spider-man since the start of BND.

Drew
07-22-2009, 05:39 PM
im gassed about this too. i always felt these were two characters who always orbited around each other and never collided, cant waaaaaaaaaaaaait :banana:

JamieRoberts
07-22-2009, 06:13 PM
That 'Gumping' issue of the first Deadpool ongoing was brilliant. Pete Woods did a great job of fitting the new art into the old story. It was one of the most original comics back then (still is, actually). And the dialogue, honestly, really cracked me up. That I can think of, I've only ever laughed out loud at Joe Kelly's Deadpool run and Punks: the Comic.

This is why I'm excited!

Paul Sanderson
07-22-2009, 09:38 PM
Not a fan of Skottie Young's art. Look at Spidey's horrible feet :yuk:

Moonrider
07-22-2009, 09:59 PM

He's not gonna be drawing the book, Frank. Eric Canete is. If you like The End League, you'll probably like this.

Aaron Walther
07-24-2009, 08:55 PM
This is such good news. And that cover is tops.

Deadpool is such a potentially great character, but the comedy can be hard to pull off. And let me tell you, Daniel Way is not a man who can do it. It seems so weird to me that Deadpool is fairly big right now thanks to all the movie buzz, but Marvel doesn't seem to be bothered to find a good team for him. It'd be nice to see Kelly back on the Deadpool book, but I'll take this issue as a consolation.

Biofungus
07-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Holy crap, you and Musgrave actually agree on something! It's Armageddon time!!!

Moonrider
07-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Holy crap, you and Musgrave actually agree on something! It's Armageddon time!!!

NOOOOOO!!!! I don't wanna die a virgin!!!!

Oh, wait... No, I mean...ugh...

crap. :man: