PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax guitarist Scott Ian to write Lobo

Nano-Love
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Scott Ian, guitarist in the Heavy Metal Band Anthrax, writes Lobo. (http://www.newsarama.com/comics/070909-ScottIan.html)

With Sam Kieth on art. Now, I don't know, wheter or not Scott Ian can write a decent comic. But I do know that Anthrax is a killer band, Scott Ian is a hardcore comics junkie, Sam Kieth is one of the greatest artists ever and Lobo is just plain crazy. So this sounds like a match made in heaven.

Please don't suck!

Ian Ascher
07-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Scott Ian, guitarist in the Heavy Metal Band Anthrax, writes Lobo. (http://www.newsarama.com/comics/070909-ScottIan.html)

With Sam Kieth on art. Now, I don't know, wheter or not Scott Ian can write a decent comic. But I do know that Anthrax is a killer band, Scott Ian is a hardcore comics junkie, Sam Kieth is one of the greatest artists ever and Lobo is just plain crazy. So this sounds like a match made in heaven.

Please don't suck!

Just saw this myself.
Good or Bad they have me for the 1st issue.

Aaron Walther
07-09-2009, 06:07 PM
That sounds about right.

KHudd
07-09-2009, 06:25 PM
I can see it now. Horrible story, horrible character, mark my words!

DeadboyPress
07-10-2009, 01:36 AM
Anyone who has read Scott Ian's blog over at anthrax.com knows that the man can write...will be be able to tell a compelling story in 22 pages? well thats yet to be seen. I'll be waiting for this one, for sure!

Nano-Love
07-10-2009, 04:45 AM
Well, itís only two issues, so Iíll be there for the ride. I certainly donít expect Alan Moore or Grant Morrison brilliance but Scott Ian is an enthusiastic and entertaining guy with a deep love for comic books, so I trust him to deliver a ripping yarn.

As long as I get my two issues worth of craziness and fun with a genuine Heavy Metal flavor, Iíll be a happy camper.

Canít be any worse, than the stuff Glenn Danzig has done with Verotik. That was some bad writing. Which didnít stop me from blowing my money on Death Dealer, of course. :whistlin:

Aaron Walther
07-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Glen Danzig himself is poorly written.

Eugene Selassie
07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
:cool: I'll go start a band or something.

THEN maybe DC or Marvel will look at my stuff.

Nano-Love
07-11-2009, 03:50 PM
Glen Danzig himself is poorly written.

Glenn Danzigís Rock Star persona is, uhm peculiar, I agree. Iím still a big fan of the first four Danzig Albums. Everything that came after those wasnít too great, imho. And letís not forget his work with Samhain and The Misfits Ė some sweet, sweet music in my book.

As for Scott Ian, I wonder if he ever tried to get something cooked up with 2000AD. I mean, considering the old Anthrax hymn to Judge Dredd, ĎI Am The Lawí, it would have been the most logical step to takeÖ?

Ian Ascher
07-14-2009, 04:09 PM
He can't do any worse than any of the other screenwriters and musicians that seem to be flooding into the comic book medium these days.

Im down for both issues.

Plus we get Sam Keith on mainstream comics once again. He's a good fit for this type of book.

Moonrider
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I'm listening to "I'm The Man ('87)". Those Anthrax guys crack me up.

Nano-Love
07-15-2009, 05:20 AM
He can't do any worse than any of the other screenwriters and musicians that seem to be flooding into the comic book medium these days.

Im down for both issues.

Plus we get Sam Keith on mainstream comics once again. He's a good fit for this type of book.

Completely agree on Sam Kieth!

Yeah, there's been a bit of a flood of musicians in comics lately.

Not all of them did a bad job, though. I was pleasantly surprised by Gerard Wayís (the guy from My Chemical Romance) The Umbrella Academy: Apocalypse Suite. Big fan of the book, here.

Moonrider
07-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Gerald Way on Umbrella Academy was a real pleasant surprise. I wonder if he'll do a DC book one day? Could be interesting.