PDA

View Full Version : Printing a Non-Repro Blue Copy for Inking?!

NorthWindComics
07-08-2009, 04:19 PM
does anyone have any clue as to the process of printing a non-repro blue copy of comic sequencials for the purpose of inking? I really dont know the best way, and none of the other resources seem to give clear directions.

thanks!

Kris_Justice
07-08-2009, 04:57 PM
does anyone have any clue as to the process of printing a non-repro blue copy of comic sequencials for the purpose of inking? I really dont know the best way, and none of the other resources seem to give clear directions.

thanks!

did you try looking it up? google, etc............

Joe Willy
07-11-2009, 10:42 PM
Short version: convert your image to CMYK (if it's Bitmap you wil lhave to convert to Grayscale first I think) and open the channels palette. First, make sure the art is only in the black channel (delete any that shows up in the other channels). Cut the art from the black palette, leaving only white in that channel (all channels should no be empty white space), and paste it in the cyan channel. Click back to CMYK channel (shows all channels combined). You should now have an image made of blue lines instead of black. Print it. Ink it.

Then when you scan in the inked art, just scan in color and remove the blue (from the channels sort of like you did before).

Google it for better and lengthier explanations.

NorthWindComics
07-12-2009, 01:41 AM
Brilliant! Thanks Joe, thats exactly what I needed!

walterostlie
07-24-2009, 10:46 AM
in photoshop i just create another layer, change the layer to 'color' and fill it with blue. I usually turn the layer opacity of the inks layer to 10-20%.