PDA

View Full Version : Iron Patriot Acts

Mwynn
06-21-2009, 05:53 PM
http://i.newsarama.com/preview_images/heroes09/september2009theironpatriotacts.jpg

Dark Reign: The List - a series of one-shots starting in September, and featuring Osborn taking on the heroes from the “Iron Patriot Acts” teaser image. The eight specials announced at Heroes Con and simultaneously at Wizard World: Philly are:

Avengers - by Brian Bendis and Marko Djurdjevic
Uncanny X-Men - by Matt Fraction and Alan Davis
Secret Warriors - by Jonathan Hickman and Ed McGuniness
Punisher - by Rick Remender and John Romita Jr.
Daredevil - by Andy Diggle and Billy Tan
Wolverine - by Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic
Hulk - by Greg Pak and Ben Oliver
Amazing Spider-Man - by Dan Slott and Adam Kubert

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/090620-heroes-dark-reign.html#comments

Ian Ascher
06-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Its a cool concept and a good way to do it given the nature of comics these days.

Question is.... who's the Lost Target in the teaser image supposed to be? Iron Man is my guess.

Eugene Selassie
06-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Is that Danny Ketch in between Punisher and Nick Fury?

Man, first Ketch coming back, then female Bucky, then Azrael's return, now Ben Reilly possibly returning.

Guess the characters from the 90s weren't as bad as we thought???
LOL

Anyway, this looks interesting.

Moonrider
06-22-2009, 11:55 AM
Is that Danny Ketch in between Punisher and Nick Fury?

I think that's the dude from Secret Warriors. Supposed to be the original (cowboy) Ghost Rider's grandson or whatever, no relation to Johnny Blaze/Danny Ketch.

Eugene Selassie
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
I think that's the dude from Secret Warriors. Supposed to be the original (cowboy) Ghost Rider's grandson or whatever, no relation to Johnny Blaze/Danny Ketch.

Oh. Only read the first issue of Secret Warriors.
Guess I have some catching up to do, but to be honest War of Kings, Blackest Night, New Krypton and Rise of the Olympian take precendence.

ronin7
06-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Awesome! JRJR on Punisher, and Alan Davis on Uncanny X-Men again. If only the price wasn't outrageous, and Matt Fraction wasn't writing it; then I would be motivated to save up some cash to buy both the Punisher, and UXM issues.

Eugene Selassie
06-28-2009, 03:58 PM
Awesome! JRJR on Punisher, and Alan Davis on Uncanny X-Men again. If only the price wasn't outrageous, and Matt Fraction wasn't writing it; then I would be motivated to save up some cash to buy both the Punisher, and UXM issues.

I don't know because I haven't been reading...but I've been hearing so many negative things about Fraction's Uncanny run. I haven't read since he and Bru were co-writing.
The reviews that I've read have pointed to the art moreso than the writing.

What specifically is bad about it?

NickGuy
06-28-2009, 04:15 PM
JRJr on punisher? hell yes, please.

ronin7
06-28-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't know because I haven't been reading...but I've been hearing so many negative things about Fraction's Uncanny run. I haven't read since he and Bru were co-writing.
The reviews that I've read have pointed to the art moreso than the writing.

What specifically is bad about it?

Most of what I hear is he's trying to be Grant Morrison in terms of sheer grand scale ideas, and imagination; (the GM fans words not mine), but he's coming off as Ellis-lite; (read Mark Millar). But, that's not what my beef with him is. It has to do with what he's done to Tony Stark over in Iron Man, so I am boycotting his work by not trying out anything else he writes through trade waiting.

Other than that, I would have probably been trade waiting his run on UXM, and picking up his Invincible Iron Man run in trade since I liked the Order.

Eugene Selassie
06-28-2009, 05:16 PM
Most of what I hear is he's trying to be Grant Morrison in terms of sheer grand scale ideas, and imagination; (the GM fans words not mine), but he's coming off as Ellis-lite; (read Mark Millar). But, that's not what my beef with him is. It has to do with what he's done to Tony Stark over in Iron Man, so I am boycotting his work by not trying out anything else he writes through trade waiting.

Other than that, I would have probably been trade waiting his run on UXM, and picking up his Invincible Iron Man run in trade since I liked the Order.

I'm actually not hating his Iron Man run.

I do have issue with Pepper and the armor. I HATE IT HATE IT HATE IT when a character's ENTIRE SUPPORTING CAST have become heroes themselves. Takes away the purpose of a supporting cast.