PDA

View Full Version : *Sigh

Ian Ascher
06-19-2009, 08:07 PM
FromNewsarama:

Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural: An ongoing series starting in October, written by Rick Remender.

Strange - a four issue miniseries written by Mark Waid. Hes no longer sorcerer supreme because he...lost a bet or something? Waid said. The moustache is about all were keeping...its what happens to Doctor Strange after he goes back to Stephen Strange.

Waid said that while he still has powers, he has to work much harder at it now. Its his next age of development its a Dr. Strange youre not used to seeing. Not the dour, grim tortured kind of guy. Likes being without the responsibility, and may find more time to do things that he likes, and perhaps even take on a new student. The artist, while not named, will be a Boom! alumnist, Waid said.

I might buy Strange but c'mon....

robbdaman
06-19-2009, 08:53 PM
Heh, yeah I put Doctor Voodoo high on the list of titles most likely to be canceled in under 10 issues.

pi0trov
06-19-2009, 08:55 PM
I do have to say that Doctor Voodoo: Avenger of the Supernatural is just an awesome title for a book, but not for something that's taking itself seriously. It should be a indy pulp adventure parody book or something...

HaphazardJoy
06-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Apparently "The New Mighty Adventures of the Spectacular Doctor Voodoo: West Coast Avenger of the Young Supernatural Exiles (feat. Wolverine)" was the original title, but they decided it was too much of a mouthful.

darrell31316
06-19-2009, 11:32 PM
lol @ featuring Wolverine :laugh:

infamousmb
06-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I don't see many people picking up on Brother Voodoo. I'll give the first arc a chance and go from there, but I'd still rather see Captain Britain stick around instead of this guy.

kamandi
06-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I am totalling willing to give it a shot (depending on the artist) but I'm sure it will have a $4 price tag on it. Which for me means I will skip it. I'm guessing a lot of people are going to do the same.

WilliamStormeSmith
06-25-2009, 12:12 PM
Doctor Voodoo is about the silliest name of all time in my book. Whats wrong w/ Brother Voodoo?

buhe
06-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Doctor Voodoo is about the silliest name of all time in my book. Whats wrong w/ Brother Voodoo?

Especially since "Doctor" has nothing to do with sorcerer supreme while Stephen Strange became Doctor Strange when he got his medical degree.

Strange may have wore a costume, but never had a super-hero name. Calling him Doctor Strange was like calling Mister Fantastic Mister Richards.

Doctor Strange is still Doctor Strange while Waid, and Remender it seems, seems to want us to think that Doctor has something to do with magic which makes me wonder if this is going to be another miss for him which seems to outnumber his hits since it's usually gimmick over creativity for him.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMpromobanner.gif
http://www.comicmonsters.com/

robbdaman
06-25-2009, 03:34 PM
I think he's technically a Witch Doctor, so....

HaphazardJoy
06-25-2009, 03:54 PM
If they insist on using the Doctor honorific, at the very least I hope they shorten it to Doc Voodoo.

infamousmb
06-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Or they could shorten even more and just call him Doodoo.

darrell31316
06-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Or they could shorten even more and just call him Doodoo.
:laugh:

Aaron Walther
06-27-2009, 12:42 AM
I've no interested in reading this, but it's nice to see Remender get some Marvel work. He seems to liker monsters and weirdo supernatural stuff, so I'm sure he's got some fun ideas lined up. Plus, none of his books take themselves too seriously, so it should be fun.

Biofungus
06-29-2009, 03:06 PM
If they insist on using the Doctor honorific, at the very least I hope they shorten it to Doc Voodoo.
Better than "Doctor VD" :confused:

Lovecraft13
06-29-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm conflicted. I don't know which title I'm not going to buy first.