PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with superboy Prime?

nams
06-18-2009, 05:31 PM
I normally don’t go into these kinds of discussions, but I just Ended Reading the Green Lantern: Sinestro corps War And I was a little perplexed.

What the hell is up with Superboy Prime? I mean he is capable of fighting a Daxamite with a Green lantern Ring AND the power o Ion… I am not a big DC Fan, so I’m sorry I just wanted to understand how can a Kriptonian beat the crap out of someone that has similar powers plus the Ion Power ( that is far greater than a Green Lantern Power) Does this mean that “Average human Joe” can beat the crap out of Hal Jordan?

Or Does Superboy Prime has any kind of super ability that makes him stronger than Superman and any other daxamita from this Universe ( I know that he is invulnerable to Kriptonite, but that is not enough to defeat Superman when Kriptonite is not available and Sodam Yat that can create shields against Led)

Knuckles
06-18-2009, 06:03 PM
I believe he got super solar charged in the crisis before the last one and I think he is based off of the golden age superman that could move planets.

nams
06-18-2009, 06:15 PM
You mean Silver age Superman... well if So That makes sence... Superboy prime can beat just about anyone :blink:

Knuckles
06-19-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes, silver age.

Nitecrawlah2
06-30-2009, 03:50 PM
I love the scene in the Superboy Prime one-shot for the Sinestro Wars when he's fighting half of the DCU at dawn, then goes apeshit psycho powerful when the sub comes up and mops the floor with them. I also like how Geoff Johns writes him; despite how powerful he is/can be, he's so teenageishly emotionally fucked that he does himself in sometimes.

RandallFlagg
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah, but I'm just frikken' tired of him. They use him to death. The first time in Infinite Crisis was cool, but then it just started to get tedious.

Eugene Selassie
07-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah, but I'm just frikken' tired of him. They use him to death. The first time in Infinite Crisis was cool, but then it just started to get tedious.

I agree.
Hopefully, future appearances will be relegated to JUST Legion of Super Heroes.

Mark Bertolini
07-02-2009, 09:20 AM
My favorite Prime moment was during the Sinestro corps war, when he was fighting the Green Lanterns, then just up and decided to fight everyone, even his own yellow corps.

UniverseX259
07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
It was kind of cool seeing him in the Legion of 3 World mini-series, but other than that I agree that he's being overused. It was great seeing him in Infinite Crisis turning evil and just fucking up the GL Corps. I liked the fact that he was only thrown in a GL prison guarded by 50 Green Lanterns, not killed, so he could be used again. I just think he was used again too soon.

On the other hand, it is interesting to see a version of Superman who is perhaps even more powerful than Superman. The dude has a suit which feeds him yellow sunlight and amplifies it 24/7! I'm interested in seeing just how far his powers can go. Just as Supes is the greatest superhero in the DC Universe, Prime could be the greatest, and most powerful, villain.

Mwynn
07-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Do you mean Superman-Prime?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/thumb/f/f5/TOTSC_-_Superman-Prime_1.jpg/300px-TOTSC_-_Superman-Prime_1.jpg

Moonrider
07-02-2009, 12:10 PM
^I think they settled that in court by now.

Mwynn
07-02-2009, 01:25 PM
^I think they settled that in court by now.
He is till Superman Prime.

Knuckles
07-02-2009, 02:01 PM
Never! He will always be a boy.

Moonrider
07-02-2009, 09:11 PM
He is till Superman Prime.

Now, he's the Time Trapper.

theflash
07-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Does this mean that “Average human Joe” can beat the crap out of Hal Jordan?

yes. in fact a fifteen sandwich eating one-legged jackass can beat the crap out of Hal Jordan. Jordan is a douche.

but SBPrime is pretty cool. he is kinda whiney, and that gets annoying. i mean really, we know why he's so upset. get over it! go find a chick and get laid for heaven's sake! seriously. the kid takes teen angst to a level that's unheard of!