PDA

View Full Version : After Cap's return, you think some people will wonder if he's the real thing?

buhe
06-15-2009, 08:32 PM
I can see Norman, if he's still in charge, saying things on TV to tell the people that Captain America died from a gun shot and had a death certificate signed to prove it. That people are trying to take advantage of what Cap represented to manipulate the people and perhaps use the 50's Cap sightings to make it sound convincing, since the real Cap would be a threat to the real reason behind his Avengers and Iron Patriot identity.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMpromobanner.gif
http://www.comicmonsters.com/

BJCochran
06-15-2009, 09:37 PM
I see this going one of many different ways.

Steve is used by Osborn. Osborn is the head honcho so Steve will probably have a talk with him (Over battle or regular convo). Osborn, who is a business man remember, will probably show the highlights of the Secret Invasion and how Tony was actually a Skrull. This will lead to Osborn showing himself as the one true person Steve can trust. He willprobably work side by side, told that everyone is still Skrulls, until an epic fight where he decides to turn sides.

If Steve rejects his offer. I can see Osborn telling everyone he's a Skrull.

Moonrider
06-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Using Skrulls is a pretty weak argument for Osborn to use. Reed Richards can debunk that really fast, because people still trust the Fantastic Four. And, Steve Rogers in not that stupid to believe Osborn.

BJCochran
06-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Using Skrulls is a pretty weak argument for Osborn to use. Reed Richards can debunk that really fast, because people still trust the Fantastic Four. And, Steve Rogers in not that stupid to believe Osborn.

But after the whole Civil War I think he might be too afraid to stand against what the public and SHIELD wants. So I can see him pairing up with Osborn's New Order.

Remember Osborn and Cap never really have had encounters before. So it's not like he knows for sure how 'evil' this man can be.

RandallFlagg
06-16-2009, 01:07 AM
Remember Osborn and Cap never really have had encounters before. So it's not like he knows for sure how 'evil' this man can be.
But what you also need to remember is that Cap trusts Spidey, and Pete can tell him how evil Osborn is. And I know Cap will believe Pete more than someone who used to be a super-villain. And the New Avengers also know. And Osborn is leading a team of super-villains.

BJCochran
06-16-2009, 01:37 AM
But what you also need to remember is that Cap trusts Spidey, and Pete can tell him how evil Osborn is. And I know Cap will believe Pete more than someone who used to be a super-villain. And the New Avengers also know. And Osborn is leading a team of super-villains.

But what if he doesn't get a hold of Spidey? What if Osborn finds ways to keep the two away from each other? Could happen

RandallFlagg
06-16-2009, 01:57 AM
But what if he doesn't get a hold of Spidey? What if Osborn finds ways to keep the two away from each other? Could happen
Well I'm not saying it couldn't happen, it definitely could. I just think that the Avengers (the Luke Cage/Spidey/Wolverine Avengers) will get to him first.

BJCochran
06-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Well I'm not saying it couldn't happen, it definitely could. I just think that the Avengers (the Luke Cage/Spidey/Wolverine Avengers) will get to him first.

If they do I can see that happen. But also put yourself in Steve's shoes. The last event in his life was the Civil War, an event that he was one of the big causes. Those last pages of him giving up after seeing all the chaos leads me to believe he will try to stay away from going against his country again.

Am I saying he will be Osborn's right hand man? Not at all. But I can really see him still working for Shield and having misguided views. Does he stand for his country? Or does he stand for the 'masked heroes' which the last time he did caused him to breakdown.

Moonrider
06-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Actually if he is alive I don't think Rogers will want to put on the costume again or fight for any sides, IMO. He already have a competent replacement, and the last time he insist on using a secret identity caused an unwanted civil war. The most logical thing for him would be to seek out Tony Stark and reconcile. Maybe he'll find Nick Fury for answers, Nick will want him in his new SHIELD resistance and he'll probably refuse. After that, he'd see where this Dark Reign will lead to and if possible put an end to it without bloodshed. So even if he'll decide to choose a side, it won't be out of misdirection. If that happens, then Marvel is officially off my reading list.

buhe
06-17-2009, 06:52 PM
I doubt Cap would side with Norman since he no doubt knows him by reputation. The Avengers had files on known super-villains, even ones they never encountered, and Cap was really trying to stop something like Dark Reign from happening because Tony and the pro-regs were going too far like with 42, Clor, and the witch hunt which Cap refused to lead which is what got him to be a fugitive. All Norman did was take over what was already created by Tony and the pro-regs. The pro-reg heroes were being too self-righteous that they were careless which is something Tigra no doubt realized when her mother was being threatened by the Hood.

Although young super-heroes need training, Tony was very wrong with his methods and the Watcher showed him this since trainees were dying for no good reason and let's not forget his part in the Secret Invasion because of his arrogance which shows that he was the wrong man for the job even though he was a needed factor, but so was Cap which he was pushing away simply because he thought Cap didn't understand, but in the end Cap was the one being more realistic. Tony preached but no doubt could practice what he preached.

Civil War was Tony's creation just like Cap said because he brought out the big guns without being rational about it because he believed he predicted the war as a self-proclaimed futurist, but he made it happened, he made his own prediction come true which pretty much makes him a fraud.