PDA

View Full Version : Wolverine: Revolver

Newt
06-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Did anyone else read this one-shot? I saw it at the bookstore and picked it up because I liked the cover art. The story is fun, nothing mind-blowing, but the art is intriguing. Das Pastoras, AKA Julio Perez, did the cover and interiors. His faces are appealingly ugly, though he seems to have trouble keeping faces consistent panel to panel. His coloring is the really fantastic part though. I'm not sure what medium he's using, but it looks like no coloring I've seen in a superhero comic before, and his modeling is exquisite.

Just thought I'd bring it up. I don't see one shots mentioned much here, but I like them, since I don't have to know what happened in the previous half-dozen issues to understand the action in this one.

Eugene Selassie
06-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Wish I could support this, but IMHO, one shots and minis should be reserved for characters going without a title.
Not for characters that are ALREADY FEATURED IN NINE DIFFERENT BOOKS!

Deadfish07
06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I've actually been digging the one-shots better than the regular series. Well, I'm enjoying the future Logan arc too, but I consider that more of a seperate mini-series.

Newt
06-14-2009, 08:21 PM
I can see how you'd be upset about Wolverine getting a one-shot, but I think their purpose is to draw in readers who don't read all the regular series- like me. You need to put out your best characters for that, and even if Wolvie is overexposed, he is still one of Marvel's best characters.

Besides, any venue that allows exposure of cool writers and artists who are otherwise not well known in the mainstream is a good thing.

Mike225
06-14-2009, 08:26 PM
I can see how you'd be upset about Wolverine getting a one-shot, but I think their purpose is to draw in readers who don't read all the regular series- like me. You need to put out your best characters for that, and even if Wolvie is overexposed, he is still one of Marvel's best characters.

Besides, any venue that allows exposure of cool writers and artists who are otherwise not well known in the mainstream is a good thing.Exactly. There shouldn't be any crying about Jack of Hearts not getting a one-shot. The vast majority will see this person and not care.

Biofungus
06-14-2009, 08:33 PM
One shots with popular characters should also feature less popular characters in the hopes that it may generate more interest in said less popular character (but obviously it has to be well written and not feel forced).

Eugene Selassie
06-15-2009, 02:51 PM
One shots with popular characters should also feature less popular characters in the hopes that it may generate more interest in said less popular character (but obviously it has to be well written and not feel forced).

Completely agree.
The answer isn't to throw Spider Man, Wolverine, Superman or Batman into every fucking special ever printed.
Mix that shit up...IF NOT THEN JUST WRAP THAT SHIT UP B!
LOL