PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what happened to Elongated Man?

KidIntense
06-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Elongated Man is a cool detective, but not as a cool hero as Plastic Man. besides, no one ever heard of Elongated Man beofre in the DC universe. I hear he had been killed off or something. I have a feeling that he is now a ghost. I feel sorry for the guy, but he does not hold the candle to Plastic Man.

kdmelrose
06-12-2009, 05:36 PM
http://www.wikipedia.org/

Callen493
06-13-2009, 10:51 AM
he is way better than lame ass plastic man, who by the way isn't even made of plastic.

They killed off the wrong stretchy hero.

Moonrider
06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
No, they killed the right one. If Plastic Man dies, I doubt it would generate more sales. New rules in comic writing, boys. Take note. If the fans like a character so much, they will kill him.

NickGuy
06-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Kid intense likes Plastic Man. Therefore, Plastic Man > Elongated Man.

Callen493
06-13-2009, 09:17 PM
But Elongated Man was way more intense than Plastic Man

NickGuy
06-14-2009, 02:36 PM
are you questioning KidIntense?

Buckyrig
06-14-2009, 03:02 PM
he is way better than lame ass plastic man, who by the way isn't even made of plastic.

They killed off the wrong stretchy hero.

He's not made of the material plastic, but he is plastic.

ponyrl
06-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Mr. Fantastic.

NUFF SIZZ-EE!

Moonrider
06-14-2009, 03:24 PM
I never get why they decided to call him 'elongated' when they can call him 'elastic'man or mister 'flexible' or 'rubber'man. The name is just too.... intense.

Paul Sanderson
06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I always liked Ralph Dibny, but he's been horribly used for years.

Eugene Selassie
06-17-2009, 01:08 PM
I always liked Ralph Dibny, but he's been horribly used for years.

Define years...

Buckyrig
06-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Define years...

The plural of year, which is the amount of time it takes the planet to rotate around completely around the sun. 365.25 days in the case of the Earth.

Eugene Selassie
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM
:slap: The plural of year, which is the amount of time it takes the planet to rotate around completely around the sun. 365.25 days in the case of the Earth.

Ok, I set myself up for that one.

What I meant was, where do you see the beginning of mishandling of Ralph by writers?

NickGuy
06-17-2009, 02:01 PM
when kid intense said so

Paul Sanderson
06-18-2009, 12:38 AM
I don't know, probably since just after he kinda left the mainstream a little. Since then he's either been criminally under-utilised or treated appalingly (eg. Identity Crisis).

Eugene Selassie
06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know, probably since just after he kinda left the mainstream a little. Since then he's either been criminally under-utilised or treated appalingly (eg. Identity Crisis).

I had a feeling you were going to point the finger at Identity Crisis.

No offense, but most people who are stuck on old style storytelling and having the characters still act like they did in the Silver Age seem to hate everything since ID Crisis.

Sorry, but to me, MANY characters and concepts were FINALLY given modern sensibilities and caught up w the 21st century because of Identity Crisis.

I DO feel that the after effects of it were not explored enough and the JLAers all made up a bit too quickly for my taste. It is something that the subsequent 3-4 years of JLA could've played off of.

Biofungus
06-19-2009, 01:08 PM
No really, Identity Crisis sucked. I wish you could see the thread about it. There was a big discussion and many very valid reasons given why it sucked.

Eugene Selassie
06-19-2009, 01:30 PM
No really, Identity Crisis sucked. I wish you could see the thread about it. There was a big discussion and many very valid reasons given why it sucked.

Now, to each their own. Many hated ID Crisis. Many loved it.
I think it did more good for the overall DCU and brought in more readers who would normally NEVER had read a DC comic.

ponyrl
06-19-2009, 11:57 PM
No offense, but most people who are stuck on old style storytelling and having the characters still act like they did in the Silver Age seem to hate everything since ID Crisis.

Sorry, but to me, MANY characters and concepts were FINALLY given modern sensibilities and caught up w the 21st century because of Identity Crisis.

Just to address this part since I'd be included in 'people who are stuck' group.

My issue with comics was the fact that me personally, I felt betrayed!

Anyone every read outsiders?

http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/outsiders/1-1.jpg

The first 5 issues? Nightwing and the crew just got done preventing a breakout in a maximum jail where BlackLightning was undercover.
Anyone? I did.

Liked it. Raney/Judd Winick were a really good team on it.

Issue 6 came, and BAM! child molestation, human trafficking and rape! :yawn:

:man: WTF! Then, ALL comic books from the Big 2 were like that (not literally of that subject matter) but like that. No warning, no easing those of us that grew up on the way they were, just FUCKING forcing some like me to either like it, or not.

Whelp, I left US comics (some indies are good) and stayed with Manga.

Modern sensibilities doesn't mean that every book has to have a similiar tone.

*steps off soap box*

(Sorry for the derailment.) :(

ronin7
06-20-2009, 10:55 AM
Identity Crisis was really pathetic. All of it done to spruce up a loser like Doctor Light who was never a big leaguer, and at the cost of Sue Dibny's rape, and murder, and the eventual death of Elongated Man.

At first I thought Brad Meltzer was a good writer like Frank Miller. I was wrong. He doesn't have the imagination, brilliance, and excellent grasp of the film noir sensibilities that made revisions of Daredevil, and Batman successful. All he did was ruin two perfectly good; hell he ruined several characters for simple shock value.

Paul Sanderson
06-20-2009, 09:07 PM
Well said Bio/pony/ronin. Couldn't agree more.

Callen493
07-07-2009, 01:07 AM
he is coming back as a black lantern

Moonrider
07-07-2009, 01:31 AM
he is coming back as a black lantern

Which is kinda totally unnecesary, but whatever, let's just see what happens.

Callen493
07-08-2009, 03:40 PM
everything in comic books is "unnecesary"