PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking the Marvel earth would soon be getting a major technology boost.

buhe
06-05-2009, 12:05 AM
As some of you know, a lot of "very" advanced technology, like Reed's, Tony's, Doom's, and other's, is usually based on reverse-engineering on alien tech that's found left on earth or brought to earth, like how Reed was able to create his hyper-drive when he found that alien vessel before becoming superhuman, so with the skrull invasion and the fact that a lot of countries ended up with their guns and ships after defeating them, there's going to be a lot of research in reverse-engineering this stuff, although no doubt going to be crude in comparison, but I'm wondering if Tony, after he gets his intellect back, will be worried about this since this is going to be worse then what happen in the Armor Wars when his perhaps first fully reverse-engineered skrull tech armor, Centurion, plans were stolen and sold since this will be the "source" of the alien tech instead of a crude version based on earth resources, especially if it ends up in the wrong hands like say people who build sentinels which is perhaps how Nimrod was created in the future.

As I said, there were already people who got their hand on alien tech, like some government agencies, but now almost anyone could get their hands on it after the battle ended before officials did a clean up job, and some of them would be smart enough to figure it out like the Tinkerer and Fixer to name a few or just a talented person no one heard of.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMpromobanner.gif
http://www.comicmonsters.com/

Ian Ascher
06-05-2009, 07:11 AM
A good idea for a story arc or two but one Marvel will never do.

First: Was the Skrull invasion worldwide or was it confined to the US? I really don't recall because all the action took place in NY City and the Savage Land in every single book I read. They wanted earth's heroes out of the way and 99% of them are in the USA

Second: After the war Obsborn and HAMMER have a lock on everything that was Skrull. Maybe Osborn will give some villains some advanced tech but not without a price or a fail safe.

Third: Unless you're Tony Stark, Reed Richards or Dr Doom, you won't be smart enough to reverse enginer all that tech. Anything that was left out there will take years and years to accomplish just like some third world countries just now have the ability to make nuclear weapons.

Wait... what? It's comics...? Yeah I know.... good idea, Id read it, but I don't see it happening. :har:

Eugene Selassie
06-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Intriguing.

buhe
06-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Actually, Tony, Reed, and Doom owe their success on someone else's work who happens to be alien.

There have been people out there who are also very smart but not the celebrities that those three are.

They also invaded Britain.

Moonrider
06-05-2009, 02:50 PM
Why bother? Most Marvel heroes are already ridiculously overpowered anyway. And... 99% of the world's heroes is in USA? Then the Earth is already fucked to begin with.