PDA

View Full Version : Blackest Night vs DarkReign

KHudd
06-04-2009, 12:58 AM
Is it me or is anyone else going to skip DR and read Blackest Night . Marvel is losing

Ian Ascher
06-04-2009, 06:55 AM
I don't know if you can really compare the two...

Blackest Night is an event, a set book with a set number of tie in books that will not directly spill into the other books in the DCU. I think when all is said and done there will be 48 to 50 books in the Blackest Night story.

Dark Reign is the state of the entire Marvel universe. Every book in the Marvel Universe is part of Dark Reign, not because its an event, but because that's the direction they took all their books in at this time.

Marvel's current "event" book is War of Kings with all their cosmic characters. I think there's something like 30-36 books in that story when all is said and done. A friend of mine is reading it and he says it's pretty good but it helps if you know some of the X-Men history this time around.

There's an ad for something in the Marvel books this month that shows Osborn with a bunch of Marvel characters on video screens and the tag line says Iron Patriot Act September of 2009. If that's Marvel's next big "event" then we can compare.

HaphazardJoy
06-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Plus: DC's Countdown and Final Crisis have failed to deliver in a way that makes me feel less ashamed for being more a fan of Marvel.

I'll stick to Batman and X-books primarily myself.