PDA

View Full Version : Justice League Creative Team

Ian Ascher
06-03-2009, 09:57 AM
With McDuffie leaving and Len Wein only filling in, who would you like to see take over the book and why?

My choice: Busiek and Pacheo.

Their run on Superman: Camalot Falls was great and it would be cool to see Khyber return as a Leage level threat. The stories could be one or two issue arcs to allow for what ever editorial edicts are passed down while still letting Kurt build to something big. The nature of Khyber could also allow for a big rotation of League members to move in and out if DC wants to play the which heroes this are in this month game.

Mwynn
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
They need to get Geoff Johns on this book.

ronin7
06-03-2009, 10:07 AM
*Hurled* Please, both Busiek and Johns short runs were bland. I'd like to see Bendis write JLA :har:

Mwynn
06-03-2009, 10:27 AM
As for the artist, I say give it to Bagley.

Eugene Selassie
06-03-2009, 11:40 AM
*Hurled* Please, both Busiek and Johns short runs were bland. I'd like to see Bendis write JLA :har:

Of course you would.

You'd let Bendis hit you with a whip w broken glass on it if you knew it'd make him happy.

Eugene Selassie
06-03-2009, 11:42 AM
Anyways...

I think Busiek/Pacheco are a great combo and Camelot Falls was amazing.
Don't know about his League work though. EVERY time he writes the JLA he forces the Crime Syndicate and the Qwardians in....EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

I heard rumors of Geoff Johns/ Jim Lee.

Though I think its a dick move that Johns and Morrison are allowed to do whatever they want while all of the other writers are hamstrung, I think Johns/Lee JLA might outsell any comic out right now.

Moonrider
06-03-2009, 12:55 PM

We've been through that conversation before.

jmassie
06-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Darwyn Cooke

robbdaman
06-03-2009, 01:44 PM

Vomits twice as hard! Seriously we had Identity Crisis for a good murder mystery, last thing we need is Bendis to write a predictably, crappy one. The man has been writing all the Avenger books for a couple years now and still can't write superheroes worth a damn unless they are private dicks or secret agents.

Personally I'd like DC to contract Jay Faerber for it.

Eugene Selassie
06-03-2009, 01:46 PM
I'd actually like to see Bryan Singer/Harris/Daugherty JLA
or Ed Brubaker
or Joss Whedon
or Palmiotti/Gray

Eugene Selassie
06-03-2009, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=robbdaman]Vomits twice as hard! Seriously we had Identity Crisis for a good murder mystery, last thing we need is Bendis to write a predictably, crappy one. The man has been writing all the Avenger books for a couple years now and still can't write superheroes worth a damn unless they are private dicks or secret agents.
[QUOTE]

LMFAO!!!!!

:banana:

Ian Ascher
06-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Anyways...

I think Busiek/Pacheco are a great combo and Camelot Falls was amazing.
Don't know about his League work though. EVERY time he writes the JLA he forces the Crime Syndicate and the Qwardians in....EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

I heard rumors of Geoff Johns/ Jim Lee.

Though I think its a dick move that Johns and Morrison are allowed to do whatever they want while all of the other writers are hamstrung, I think Johns/Lee JLA might outsell any comic out right now.

I can see where people would balk at a Busiek written JLA and I agree, it seems he uses the Crime Syndicate way too much but pointing to Camelot Falls again, he can also craft a hell of a story with JLA level threats.

A Jim Lee/Geoff Johns JLA might sell through the roof but it would only come out 2 or 3 times a year with everything else they take on. I like Johns on projects but there's only so much "legacy" type characters and story lines I can take. We don't need a league with two Flashes, three Green Lanterns, two Atoms, and half the Kryptonians in the galaxy.

Moonrider
06-03-2009, 02:45 PM
Who was that minor superhero character he created during Camelot Falls? I'd love to read about that guy again.

Pencils_Tom
06-03-2009, 03:46 PM
GEOFF JOHNS & GENE HA! Nuffsaid!!!

Erik Roman
06-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I know I'm dreaming but I'd love to see Marv Wolfman and Steve Rude on this book. They would give it a classic look and feel that this book needs.

Ian Ascher
06-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Who was that minor superhero character he created during Camelot Falls? I'd love to read about that guy again.

Sirroco >sp<

Eugene Selassie
06-05-2009, 11:43 AM
I know I'm dreaming but I'd love to see Marv Wolfman and Steve Rude on this book. They would give it a classic look and feel that this book needs.

And that seems to be the problem. Most League and DC fans seem to want a classic creative team with throwback type stories.

Despite the fact that I DESPISE New Avengers, Bendis took the concept and moved it forward. For better or worse, he redefined the concept.

JLA NEEDS something like this and I don't think Len Wein or Marv Wolfman is the answer.

JLA needs to be SETTING DC continuity, NOT WALLOWING IN IT!

ronin7
06-05-2009, 12:45 PM
And that seems to be the problem. Most League and DC fans seem to want a classic creative team with throwback type stories.

Despite the fact that I DESPISE New Avengers, Bendis took the concept and moved it forward. For better or worse, he redefined the concept.

JLA NEEDS something like this and I don't think Len Wein or Marv Wolfman is the answer.

JLA needs to be SETTING DC continuity, NOT WALLOWING IN IT!

Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison can't do the job Bendis did. They are enormous DC Silver Age fanboys. Everything they are writing currently is rehash city with somewhat modern trimmings.

DC needs some one with vision; not someone who keeps doing constant DC continuity navel gazing.

Eugene Selassie
06-05-2009, 01:10 PM
DC has PLENTY of great writers who don't do the continuity navel-gazing as you call it.

Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Jimmy Palmiotti/Justin Gray, Marc Andreyko, Sean McKeever, Tony Bedard.....

ronin7
06-05-2009, 04:28 PM
DC has PLENTY of great writers who don't do the continuity navel-gazing as you call it.

Greg Rucka, Gail Simone, Jimmy Palmiotti/Justin Gray, Marc Andreyko, Sean McKeever, Tony Bedard.....

I'd look at your list again because the only way any of these guys would light up the charts is if Jim Lee was during the artwork.

Buckyrig
06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
Tom Stoppard and Mike Allred.

darrell31316
06-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Marv Wolfman and George Perez

Moonrider
06-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Geoff Johns and Grant Morrison can't do the job Bendis did. They are enormous DC Silver Age fanboys. Everything they are writing currently is rehash city with somewhat modern trimmings.

DC needs some one with vision; not someone who keeps doing constant DC continuity navel gazing.

I don't think it's because they can't, it's just not what they aim for. Most of what DC has done in the '90s were efforts to move the universe forward with many new characters replacing well established ones. What Bendis does in New Avengers by taking second string heroes is probably not much different than Giffen's era of JLI albeit different in its execution. This is just the natural cycle of things, where I think the time is right for such classic rehashes in DCU. Believe me, even Marvel today at some point in the future will rethink the current lineup and rehash old concepts. It's just not their time yet.

RandallFlagg
06-06-2009, 01:14 AM
My pick: Robert Rodriguez and Ethan Van Sciver. At the very least, it would be interesting.

Nitecrawlah2
06-06-2009, 03:38 AM
Keith Giffen and Ivan Reis or Carlos Pacheco.

Moonrider
06-06-2009, 05:10 AM
Warren Ellis & Shane Davis.

ronin7
06-06-2009, 09:02 AM
I don't think it's because they can't, it's just not what they aim for. Most of what DC has done in the '90s were efforts to move the universe forward with many new characters replacing well established ones. What Bendis does in New Avengers by taking second string heroes is probably not much different than Giffen's era of JLI albeit different in its execution. This is just the natural cycle of things, where I think the time is right for such classic rehashes in DCU. Believe me, even Marvel today at some point in the future will rethink the current lineup and rehash old concepts. It's just not their time yet.

None of the classic Avengers would be what I call A-list heroes. Except for the founders. Though, I despise Wasp (Janet Van Dyne).

You also have to look at the differences between what Giffen did, and what Bendis is doing. Bendis has made it possible for Luke Cage and Spider-Woman to have a solo series again. Of course, since Bendis is so busy he can't find the time to do the Spider-Woman series, and he's got long-term plans for Luke, which prevent him from sharing him with anyone else.

Giffen's JLI didn't really help any of the characters he used. It just made the fans, and subsequent creators look at Blue Beetle and company as losers. Except Batman, who everyone had the Frank Miller version firmly entrenched in their minds.

Hell, if you recall; it was Grant Morrison who annihilated the Giffen league to replace it with the Big 7 roster. It was years before Metamorpho was able to pull himself back together, and it took a while for the other characters to find books to occupy.

Moonrider
06-06-2009, 11:09 AM
None of the classic Avengers would be what I call A-list heroes. Except for the founders. Though, I despise Wasp (Janet Van Dyne).

You also have to look at the differences between what Giffen did, and what Bendis is doing. Bendis has made it possible for Luke Cage and Spider-Woman to have a solo series again. Of course, since Bendis is so busy he can't find the time to do the Spider-Woman series, and he's got long-term plans for Luke, which prevent him from sharing him with anyone else.

Giffen's JLI didn't really help any of the characters he used. It just made the fans, and subsequent creators look at Blue Beetle and company as losers. Except Batman, who everyone had the Frank Miller version firmly entrenched in their minds.

Hell, if you recall; it was Grant Morrison who annihilated the Giffen league to replace it with the Big 7 roster. It was years before Metamorpho was able to pull himself back together, and it took a while for the other characters to find books to occupy.

But Bendis did use second string heroes to replace an A-list roster, did he not? Exactly what Giffen did back then but that's where the similarity ends. It's clear on everone's mind that Giffen is not Bendis and they do things differently with varying effects. But the main idea is still the same, changing the status quo.

Problem is, I don't think that's what DC needs right now. You can't put both companies on the same boat. Marvel is a contemporary kind of universe while DC is always about legacy. You may bash Morrison and Johns for using older materials as basis for their stories, but heck, I'm enjoying the hell out of Green Lantern.

ronin7
06-06-2009, 11:36 AM
But Bendis did use second string heroes to replace an A-list roster, did he not? Exactly what Giffen did back then but that's where the similarity ends. It's clear on everone's mind that Giffen is not Bendis and they do things differently with varying effects. But the main idea is still the same, changing the status quo.

Problem is, I don't think that's what DC needs right now. You can't put both companies on the same boat. Marvel is a contemporary kind of universe while DC is always about legacy. You may bash Morrison and Johns for using older materials as basis for their stories, but heck, I'm enjoying the hell out of Green Lantern.

The only A-list members on the roster were Cap, Iron Man, Hank, and Janet. I'd include Hawkeye too. Everyone else meh. But, I don't see it as a clear comparison as you do.

Moonrider
06-06-2009, 12:14 PM
The only A-list members on the roster were Cap, Iron Man, Hank, and Janet. I'd include Hawkeye too. Everyone else meh. But, I don't see it as a clear comparison as you do.

Whatever, I really don't care about discussing Marvel in a DC thread anyway.

Nick Kerklaan
06-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira.

Eugene Selassie
06-07-2009, 10:58 AM

You CLEARLY don't know anything about Avengers pre-Disassembled, so please stop trying to come off as the authority on it.

Eugene Selassie
06-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Jeph Loeb and Joe Madureira.

EWWWW...EWWWWW.....

RandallFlagg
06-07-2009, 12:58 PM
I've got the perfect team! It would be like a summer blockbuster every issue!
Wait for it

Michael Bay and Rob Liefeld! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

ronin7
06-07-2009, 01:14 PM
You CLEARLY don't know anything about Avengers pre-Disassembled, so please stop trying to come off as the authority on it.

:slap: Yeah, just because I didn't read all of Busiek's Avengers series I don't know anything about the Avengers. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Name one time aside from Heroes Reborn, and Busiek's first issue that Avengers was a strong seller? Even Quesada said the book was NEVER a big seller compared to the early Fantastic Four, and the later mega hit X-Men franchise. Why? Because the roster was always filled with LOSERS who couldn't support their own solo series, and the audience couldn't connect with.

So, if anyone doesn't know a damn thing about the Avengers, it's you.

Moonrider
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
Why are we talking about The Avengers in a JLA thread again? It kinda lost on me.

ponyrl
06-07-2009, 11:56 PM
Mark Waid, howard porter, John Dell.

:D

Eugene Selassie
06-08-2009, 11:23 AM
:slap: Yeah, just because I didn't read all of Busiek's Avengers series I don't know anything about the Avengers. Get the fuck out of here with that shit. Name one time aside from Heroes Reborn, and Busiek's first issue that Avengers was a strong seller? Even Quesada said the book was NEVER a big seller compared to the early Fantastic Four, and the later mega hit X-Men franchise. Why? Because the roster was always filled with LOSERS who couldn't support their own solo series, and the audience couldn't connect with.

So, if anyone doesn't know a damn thing about the Avengers, it's you.

So the first 2 years of Busiek/Perez Avengers didn't sell over 100K per issue and wasn't top 10???

You need to check the sales figures before you start shooting off at the mouth Ronin. Because you're full of it...as usual.

Marvel DID exist prior to Quesada or Bendis and DID produce good books, contrary to your warped thinking.

Eugene Selassie
06-08-2009, 11:36 AM
ANYWAY....

I'd like to see Warren Ellis/Cary Nord take a stab at Justice League.

Maybe Whedon/Cassaday...

ronin7
06-08-2009, 02:36 PM
So the first 2 years of Busiek/Perez Avengers didn't sell over 100K per issue and wasn't top 10???

You need to check the sales figures before you start shooting off at the mouth Ronin. Because you're full of it...as usual.

Marvel DID exist prior to Quesada or Bendis and DID produce good books, contrary to your warped thinking.

I did check the sales figures, and I think you should re-check them yourself because there was a big drop off after the first couple of issues.

Eugene Selassie
06-08-2009, 05:48 PM
I did check the sales figures, and I think you should re-check them yourself because there was a big drop off after the first couple of issues.

You know, if you actually mentioned other creators besides Bendis and Quesada in your posts, I might actually respect your opinions...

I've liked and disliked (AND DISCUSSED) work from
Morrison
Waid
Busiek
Johns
Andreyko
Simone
McDuffie
Slott
Gage
Moore
Gaiman
etc....

You put Bendis on a pedestal and BASH EVERY OTHER CREATOR OUT THERE.
Dude, you are like a sheep.

But I am ending this conversation.

Back to dream JLA creative teams...

ronin7
06-08-2009, 07:05 PM
You know, if you actually mentioned other creators besides Bendis and Quesada in your posts, I might actually respect your opinions...

I've liked and disliked (AND DISCUSSED) work from
Morrison
Waid
Busiek
Johns
Andreyko
Simone
McDuffie
Slott
Gage
Moore
Gaiman
etc....

You put Bendis on a pedestal and BASH EVERY OTHER CREATOR OUT THERE.
Dude, you are like a sheep.

But I am ending this conversation.

Back to dream JLA creative teams...

If I put Bendis on a pedestal like you say, then why I have been arguing his earlier Avengers work is superior to any garbage Morrison throws together? Think on that for a minute. If I was a sheep like you say I am. I would have made a more outrageous fanboy statement then you just did about Busiek's Avengers. Which is still laughable.

Either way, stay away from me. You are the one who keeps picking fights with me because I mention I'd like Bendis to do a DC book, or I don't like what DC is doing now. So, you ARE the TROLL.

ronin7
06-08-2009, 07:08 PM
To contribute to this thread since it's been derailed here are my suggestions.

Ed Brubaker and Mark Bagley.

Brian Azzarello and a rotating set of top level artists.

Nick Kerklaan
06-08-2009, 07:09 PM
To contribute to this thread since it's been derailed here are my suggestions.

Ed Brubaker and Mark Bagley.

Brian Azzarello and a rotating set of top level artists.

Enh...Brubaker and Azzarello are too "gritty". I don't think they can supply the "big comic book fun" that a book like JLA needs.

EDIT: Not to say that the stories can't be serious, just... I think Brubaker and Azzarello write too realistically, the Justice Leage has always been more "comic booky". If that makes sense.

ronin7
06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Enh...Brubaker and Azzarello are too "gritty". I don't think they can supply the "big comic book fun" that a book like JLA needs.

But, you have to admit it would be cool to see :thumbs:

Nick Kerklaan
06-08-2009, 07:11 PM
But, you have to admit it would be cool to see

Well, sure. I'm actually not a big fan of Azzarello based on what I've read, but I'd be willing to give anything by Brubaker a shot. I still don't think it'd work, though.

ronin7
06-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Well, sure. I'm actually not a big fan of Azzarello based on what I've read, but I'd be willing to give anything by Brubaker a shot. I still don't think it'd work, though.

It might not work, but even a spectactular failure by Brubaker is better than the lackluster JLA that's been published lately.

Nick Kerklaan
06-08-2009, 09:02 PM
It might not work, but even a spectactular failure by Brubaker is better than the lackluster JLA that's been published lately.
I haven't read JLA since Meltzer was on it, so I'll take your word on that. But I dunno... I could see Gail Simone doing a good job with writing it. She's more than proven her skill at writing fun, dynamic team books with engaging characters.

RandallFlagg
06-08-2009, 09:23 PM
Not to say that the stories can't be serious, just...the Justice Leage has always been more "comic booky". If that makes sense.
See, that's why I was actually being serious when I suggested Robert Rodriguez and Ethan Van Sciver. I think Rodriguez could do great work on the kind of action packed fun book that the JLA needs to be. And anyone who's read the Rebirth books knows Van Sciver could be great on the book.

Ian Ascher
06-09-2009, 07:55 AM
On the story side:

I would love to see Ellis write the JL but he would never be allowed to do what he wants on a book like that. He's not a fan of straight forward super hero books and DC wouldn't let him take that left turn at Albuquerque he could deliver.

Waid and Johns would be ok but are better served on other characters and books right now. No Gail Simone either. I don't know what it is about her but something about her style just doesnt click with me. It never has and I fear it never will.

Brubaker might be an intresting choice and I wouldn't mind seeing what someone like Matt Fraction could do with a book like Justice League.

On the Art side:

If either of the Kuberts could maintain a monthly schedule OR work with another artist to do a rotation a'la Dodson and Greg Land on Uncanny X-men I wouldn't mind having them draw the book.

Stuart Immonen would be a cool choice.

Mark Bagley is a good artist who will deliver a book on time but I'm just not as crazy about his work as I once was. I don't know what it is but a lot of his figures look the same to me. I have no doubt he could give us a nice five year run on the book but it wouldn't be anything special (for lack of a better term) and the Justice League is a book that should be a cut above.

ronin7
06-09-2009, 09:32 AM
On the story side:

I would love to see Ellis write the JL but he would never be allowed to do what he wants on a book like that. He's not a fan of straight forward super hero books and DC wouldn't let him take that left turn at Albuquerque he could deliver.

Waid and Johns would be ok but are better served on other characters and books right now. No Gail Simone either. I don't know what it is about her but something about her style just doesnt click with me. It never has and I fear it never will.

Brubaker might be an intresting choice and I wouldn't mind seeing what someone like Matt Fraction could do with a book like Justice League.

On the Art side:

If either of the Kuberts could maintain a monthly schedule OR work with another artist to do a rotation a'la Dodson and Greg Land on Uncanny X-men I wouldn't mind having them draw the book.

Stuart Immonen would be a cool choice.

Mark Bagley is a good artist who will deliver a book on time but I'm just not as crazy about his work as I once was. I don't know what it is but a lot of his figures look the same to me. I have no doubt he could give us a nice five year run on the book but it wouldn't be anything special (for lack of a better term) and the Justice League is a book that should be a cut above.

I agree with Stuart Immonen, he seems to reinvent his art style for every project he takes on. He could draw a killer JLA. I don't know about Matt Fraction. His The Order was okay, but I haven't been wowed about anything else he has done.

Ian Ascher
06-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I agree with Stuart Immonen, he seems to reinvent his art style for every project he takes on. He could draw a killer JLA. I don't know about Matt Fraction. His The Order was okay, but I haven't been wowed about anything else he has done.

Matt is like Warren Ellis lite.

I like the super-science twists he gives his books. He's much more suited to a mainstream title like the JLA.

Casanova was a good read, I'm enjoying Iron Man and he was good with Brubaker on Iron Fist. I never read The Order and I'm not over the top crazy about his X-Men. Team books may not be his thing.

UniverseX259
06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky.

Oh, wait.......

Eugene Selassie
06-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Roberto Orci/Alex Kurtzman and art by Carlos Pacheco.

It wouldn't be on time AT ALL, but it'd be pretty fun.

Nick Kerklaan
06-10-2009, 02:26 AM
Frank Miller and Jim Lee.

Just sayin'.

bob281
06-10-2009, 10:04 AM
All of this is bull.Put the best team in comics on it.Mark Millar and Steve Mcniven they are fuckin unstoppable right now.Millar owns every writer in the game right now.Mcniven name means its something big.Millar also did a great Superman in his old animated series book and you know he can juggle a cast of characters from his Authority and Fantastic Four work.He also has prior experience with the characters. :slap:

Eugene Selassie
06-10-2009, 11:09 AM
All of this is bull.Put the best team in comics on it.Mark Millar and Steve Mcniven they are fuckin unstoppable right now.Millar owns every writer in the game right now.Mcniven name means its something big.Millar also did a great Superman in his old animated series book and you know he can juggle a cast of characters from his Authority and Fantastic Four work.He also has prior experience with the characters. :slap:

Um...how about no?
I actually want the characters written IN-character and I want shock moments that actually move the story forward...not shlock shock.

Oh yeah, and no claiming "BIG" ideas like Galactus battery as his own when another writer (Keith Giffen) did it two years prior.

And enough with the damn 9/11 allegories.

Yeah...I don't want him within 100 miles of a JLA script.

yellowphantom
06-10-2009, 01:14 PM
i may be stuck in my old school memories with this pick ...but i would have to say..

George Perez (art) Jim Shooter (writer).....i just loved their Avengers work from the mid 70's...

Eugene Selassie
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM
i may be stuck in my old school memories with this pick ...but i would have to say..

George Perez (art) Jim Shooter (writer).....i just loved their Avengers work from the mid 70's...

It's funny...I love EVERYTHING Jim Shooter has done...EXCEPT his Avengers work.
His bastardization of Hank Pym was really uncalled for.

yellowphantom
06-10-2009, 01:37 PM
...i agree that most of his work has been pretty decent..but...i still can't find it in my heart to like Secret Wars or (especially) Secret Wars II...the art was terrible....the stories were just plain bad...
boo secret wars!!!!

(is he saying "boo" or Boo-urns?")

Eugene Selassie
06-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Boo-Yah???

RandallFlagg
06-10-2009, 08:46 PM
I was saying Boo-urns...

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t160/El_Ganso/moleman.jpg

yellowphantom
06-10-2009, 09:21 PM
That's It!!!

Paul Sanderson
06-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Mark Waid back on JLA would be nice. Marv Wolfman might be good too, though I'm not sure of his writing quality at present. Perhaps Steve Englehart would be good too.

Eugene Selassie
06-17-2009, 01:10 PM
Mark Waid back on JLA would be nice. Marv Wolfman might be good too, though I'm not sure of his writing quality at present. Perhaps Steve Englehart would be good too.

Mark Waid/Jim Lee....wow that would kick ass.

ronin7
06-17-2009, 05:14 PM
I haven't liked anything Mark Waid has written in a while. I think it would be cool to see how Andy Diggle does on JLA. I liked his Green Arrow: Year One, and I'm trying to figure out whether to check out his Losers series, or not.

Paul Sanderson
06-18-2009, 12:40 AM
Waid is one of those writers that really only works well on certain titles. He's not the jack of all trades that many make him out to be. He excelled on JLA previously, so he'd be worth a shot again. There are other fine writers who could make a go of the title as well I'm sure.

Eugene Selassie
06-19-2009, 11:31 AM
Waid is one of those writers that really only works well on certain titles. He's not the jack of all trades that many make him out to be. He excelled on JLA previously, so he'd be worth a shot again. There are other fine writers who could make a go of the title as well I'm sure.

I agree. I'm one of the few who liked Waid's run even more than Morrison's run.