PDA

View Full Version : Marvel Co-Features????

Eugene Selassie
06-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know if Marvel will take a cue from DC and offer back up stories in their 3.99 comics????

L Jamal
06-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I doubt it.
DC co-features seem to be books that were in the works, but would not have support in the current economic state. Those will disappear soon.

I'd like to see books that would normally be mini series rolled into co-features of their main titles.

Ian Ascher
06-01-2009, 03:54 PM
When Incredible Hulk returns in Aug it will be $3.99 and have a Savage She-Hulk back up story in every issue.

This is the first and only book to do so from Marvel at this point.

There was also something on Newsarama today about Rich Jonstons new column and how Marvel has said they will raise the price of their books to see what they can get away with in this market/economy and it has very little to do with rising production costs.

Eugene Selassie
06-01-2009, 04:08 PM
When Incredible Hulk returns in Aug it will be $3.99 and have a Savage She-Hulk back up story in every issue.

This is the first and only book to do so from Marvel at this point.

There was also something on Newsarama today about Rich Jonstons new column and how Marvel has said they will raise the price of their books to see what they can get away with in this market/economy and it has very little to do with rising production costs.

Wow.

Telling, isn't it?

BJCochran
06-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know if Marvel will take a cue from DC and offer back up stories in their 3.99 comics????

If memory serves me correct Marvel tried doing that in the 90s. Most of the stories weren't that good.

It would be nice to see this happen...but I doubt it.

Eugene Selassie
06-01-2009, 05:30 PM
If memory serves me correct Marvel tried doing that in the 90s. Most of the stories weren't that good.

It would be nice to see this happen...but I doubt it.

I think that might be because they were mish mash of creative talent.

With DC, they seem to be sticking cult favorites with writers who know the character well (Marc Andreyko handling Kate Spencer, Matt Sturges handling Jaime Reyes, Greg Rucka handling Kathy Kane, Sean McKeever handling Rose Wilson...)

If Marvel did this, say with Paul Cornell/MI:13 as a Mighty Avengers backup, Beta Ray Bill as a Thor backup, Alpha Flight as maybe an Avengers:The Initiative backup, that could be gold.

BJCochran
06-01-2009, 06:05 PM
I think that might be because they were mish mash of creative talent.

With DC, they seem to be sticking cult favorites with writers who know the character well (Marc Andreyko handling Kate Spencer, Matt Sturges handling Jaime Reyes, Greg Rucka handling Kathy Kane, Sean McKeever handling Rose Wilson...)

If Marvel did this, say with Paul Cornell/MI:13 as a Mighty Avengers backup, Beta Ray Bill as a Thor backup, Alpha Flight as maybe an Avengers:The Initiative backup, that could be gold.

Yeah figuring MI:13 has been canceled!!!!!!!!!!!!! F'ing bastards

Ian Ascher
06-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah figuring MI:13 has been canceled!!!!!!!!!!!!! F'ing bastards

Was it?

Eugene Selassie
06-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Was it?

Yeah. This time for real.

:man:

Moonrider
06-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah. This time for real.

:man:

OooooHHH SHITTT!!!! :man:

I love that title. For a comic book about a British team fighting monsters and paranormals, it's characters look and sound more realistic than most comic books I've read nowadays.