PDA

View Full Version : About Damn Time.....

Ian Ascher
05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Newsarama: A reader asked that, with as much as they’ve seen Len Wein writing Justice League, and as much as Dwayne has stated publically that he’s not enjoying writing Justice League, is Dwayne McDuffie still writing Justice League?

DD: As of right now, Len’s the writer of Justice League, and once his arc is done, we’ll be able to announce the new direction for the series.

WilliamStormeSmith
05-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Whens the James Robinson Justice League series come out?

Ian Ascher
05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
It comes out in July and is only six issues.

Paul Sanderson
05-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Nice to see an old timer like Wein getting some work at DC again. It's been way too long. Let's hope we see more of it in the future.

pi0trov
05-28-2009, 08:53 PM
How has JLA been with him writing? Hopefully better? I gave up on it after the first few issues and haven't looked in on it since....

Paul Sanderson
05-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I haven't checked these latest issues, but with Wein at the helm, it would have to be better. I'll go into the store next week and catch up on all the latest stuff there.

Ian Ascher
05-29-2009, 07:06 AM
How has JLA been with him writing? Hopefully better? I gave up on it after the first few issues and haven't looked in on it since....

The McDuffy issues have been a mess. He's not to blame for all of it but I don't think his motives were true and his mind in the right place when he took the assignment.

Between his desire to write the book like the animated series which just can't be done and DC forcing the Justice League into every big major event story they introduce, the book has been nothing short of chaos.

Cramming his Milestone characters in there hasn't really helped. The fact that Justice League is usualy one of DCs top selling books every month didn't hurt but I don't think it pushed it further into the top ten either. Oncethat storyline is done I bet you don't see the characters again unless its on a book he writes (Static being the exception until someone decides to change the roster again).

Ian Ascher
05-29-2009, 01:38 PM
The offical word from Dwayne:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/050929-McDuffie0JLA.html

Sounds like he had a hell of a lot going on. Not sure how he could give any one project the attention it deserves with that work load.

I do find it interesting that Perez is working on a secret event project and McDuffie says next year was to be a big JLA story with the title being the center point for the whole thing. Any time we get perez drawing the entire DC Universe is a good day.

Is this McDuffie's way of taking one final jab at DC for bing let go because he discussed behind the scenes info too much?

Eugene Selassie
05-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Doesn't him being let go kind of validate what some creators have said about DC editorial?

Ian Ascher
06-02-2009, 07:06 AM
I think Waid had a problem w/ editorial recently. Aside from that I haven't heard too much from the creators themselves. Someone is always going to have a problem internaly.

I read through the comments that were posted on-line:
http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=21073

While it seems there was a lot of editorial fingers in the works, you can also tell that Dwayne didn't care for the team he was given and resented the fact he wasn't allowed to make the changes he wanted. He wasn't happy on the book before being let go and he wasn't going to be happy on the book through 2010 from the what I've read from Didio.

Paul Sanderson
06-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Either way, I'm glad McDuffy is outta there.