PDA

View Full Version : Must read issues of the last 6 months?

Allegory Comics
05-21-2009, 05:01 PM
I've been irregular in my visits to the comic shop, and when I do make it there I'm limited in my spending. I usually only pick up the core Superman titles and whatever else is left on the shelf that grabs my attention.

So I'm going to hit some online shops for the biggest issues of the year so far.

I'll be looking for the issue where Superwoman's ID is revealed, all issues of Flash Rebirth so far, Legion of 3 Worlds #3, the "Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader" issue, and Battle for the Cowl #1-2. I'm particularly interested in Battle for the Cowl, Rebirth, and Blackest Night ... and all related issues.

When were Nightwing and Flamebird ID's revealed? I get all the Superman books but I don't remember seeing it.

What are some of the other DC issues I should be looking for, with the biggest reveals? And does anyone recommend a good online shop to find them all?

Mark Bertolini
05-21-2009, 05:29 PM
I really dug Grant Morrison's Batman: R.I.P. arc. It was a little confusing (as all Morrison stories are), but highly enjoyable.

Allegory Comics
05-21-2009, 05:43 PM
I really dug Grant Morrison's Batman: R.I.P. arc. It was a little confusing (as all Morrison stories are), but highly enjoyable.
But which issues specifically should I be looking for? Which ones had the most impact or the biggest reveals?

Knuckles
05-21-2009, 07:39 PM
All green lantern and green lantern corps, from the Sintero(sp?) War to now. It has been awesome.

robbdaman
05-21-2009, 08:33 PM
Superwoman is revealed in Supergirl #40 though you'll probably want to start with #37 for that storyarc. Flamebird and Nightwing are revealed in Action Comics #875 and the issues after that are part of the same storyarc.