PDA

View Full Version : Miracleman/Marvelman

Mark Bertolini
05-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Does anyone know the current status of this character, and will there ever be reprints or trades of the original Moore/Gaiman issues?

WilliamStormeSmith
05-20-2009, 08:02 PM
I'm pretty sure McFarlane and Gaiman sorted out there BS, but that just left Miracleman in deeper limbo, the court refused to look at anything to do w Miracleman. Think two other people from a UK company claim the rights now along w/ McFarlane and Gaiman. so doubt anything anytime soon.

I have all the paperbacks cost me a total of 200$ about 4 years ago. The back issue comics are not that expensive some as cheap as 2.50 each, up until you get to the last Moore issues and the death of Kid Miracleman. Going from about 8-25$, but saw a bunch at NYCC for cheaper than that. It's the best run on any comic series i've ever read, i'd even say it's the best thing ever written in comics times two. so it just depends if its worth it to someone.

I bought them on the theory it will go up in value too, i could have bought Wolverine's first appearance for 125$ twenty years ago now look what its worth. Same with hulk#1.

BJCochran
05-20-2009, 09:11 PM
I'm pretty sure McFarlane and Gaiman sorted out there BS, but that just left Miracleman in deeper limbo, the court refused to look at anything to do w Miracleman. Think two other people from a UK company claim the rights now along w/ McFarlane and Gaiman. so doubt anything anytime soon.

I have all the paperbacks cost me a total of 200$ about 4 years ago. The back issue comics are not that expensive some as cheap as 2.50 each, up until you get to the last Moore issues and the death of Kid Miracleman. Going from about 8-25$, but saw a bunch at NYCC for cheaper than that. It's the best run on any comic series i've ever read, i'd even say it's the best thing ever written in comics times two. so it just depends if its worth it to someone.

I bought them on the theory it will go up in value too, i could have bought Wolverine's first appearance for 125$ twenty years ago now look what its worth. Same with hulk#1.

Lucky on getting the trades that cheap. I have most of the single issues BUT I am having a tough time finding the rest.

These are on my list of stuff to grab at SDCC this year.

WilliamStormeSmith
05-27-2009, 12:03 PM
There's a good article in the new backissue about Miracleman. Guess it's way more screwed up than I ever thought. Everyone owns a piece of it, but some company is supposed to try and sort it out.