PDA

View Full Version : What happened to captain atom?

Drew
05-19-2009, 05:44 AM
can someone please tell me what hapened to captain atom? Last i heard, hturned bad and into monarch. What happened after? was it really him? did he really go all baddie?

I loved that guy during giffen's hustice leauge europe run :(

Allegory Comics
05-22-2009, 09:04 AM
That wasn't Capt. Atom. It was Hawk, of Hawk and Dove fame. After he became Monarch, in the Armegeddon 2001 storyline, they brought him back as Extant, the baddie in Zero Hour.

It was originally supposed to be Capt. Atom who became Monarch, but it leaked out, so DC changed it.

I don't know where either Hawk/Monarch/Extant or Capt. Atom is now.

Eugene Selassie
05-22-2009, 05:16 PM
That wasn't Capt. Atom. It was Hawk, of Hawk and Dove fame. After he became Monarch, in the Armegeddon 2001 storyline, they brought him back as Extant, the baddie in Zero Hour.

It was originally supposed to be Capt. Atom who became Monarch, but it leaked out, so DC changed it.

I don't know where either Hawk/Monarch/Extant or Capt. Atom is now.

Actually Captain Atom became Monarch in Countdown or Countdown to Final Crisis.

Don't know what happened to him between then and his resurgence in Action Comics.

Allegory Comics
05-22-2009, 05:19 PM

Don't know what happened to him between then and his resurgence in Action Comics.
Oh, so they finally got around to that, eh? Neat! Sorry I missed it.

Moonrider
05-22-2009, 11:15 PM
You didn't miss much. A whole year worth of nothing after Final Crisis came out and negate everything that happened in that series.

Ian Ascher
05-24-2009, 09:47 PM

Capt Atom became Monarch in Battle for Bludhaven. After he returned from the Wildstorm Universe during Infinite Crisis, he was still in bad shape and leaking radiation.

He was placed into the containment suit (a'la Monarch armor) and when he awoke, shot into space.

Later in the Ion 12 issue series Kyle found him hiding in the Bleed because the Monitors couldnt watch him there. He was already formulating a plan to put together an army for some reason that wasn't revealed.

In Countdown he lost all his marbles and seemingly died in a battle with the Monitors.

WilliamStormeSmith
05-25-2009, 07:19 PM
In the new Wizard, Grant Morrison talks about using all the old Charlton characters in a mini series, doing something akin to Watchmen. I'm pretty sure he'll use Capt. Atom.

Though I did enjoy the mini series where Capt. Atom went into the Wildstorm Universe. Where he discovers the bleed, kind of leads into Battle for bludhaven.

Ian Ascher
05-26-2009, 05:18 PM
In the new Wizard, Grant Morrison talks about using all the old Charlton characters in a mini series, doing something akin to Watchmen. I'm pretty sure he'll use Capt. Atom.

Though I did enjoy the mini series where Capt. Atom went into the Wildstorm Universe. Where he discovers the bleed, kind of leads into Battle for bludhaven.

Wasn't there a mini some years ago with all the Charlton characters called THE LAW, or something similar. I never read it but I think it was supposed to be Watchmen-esque.

I'd like to see Grant's take on all those old characters but I hope he skips the whole Watchmen thing.