Mwynn
04-21-2009, 11:09 AM
http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/dcnew/july2009/1/gl_cv43.jpg

Knuckles
04-21-2009, 11:24 AM
http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138974&page=2

Allegory Comics
04-21-2009, 12:38 PM
But Bruce Wayne isn't dead, right? I mean, didn't we see him at the end of Final Crisis in a cave somewhere?

But then, I guess there was a body. We saw Superman holding it. But that was before we saw him in the cave. So ....

I don't know what to believe anymore. :huh:

Also, does the world think Bruce is dead? If so, how did they explain that?

The DarkMind
04-21-2009, 01:29 PM

Probably through the Obituaries section of The Gotham Times

Moonrider
04-21-2009, 02:11 PM
My theory is...the body was actually J'onn J'onnz'. It's not that difficult in comics to make his green alien corpse turn into a guy with Bruce's characteristic post mortem, and the thing is the solicitation read that it's the birth of the first black lantern while there's another cover showing this...

http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/dcnew/july2009/1/gl_cv44.jpg

Allegory Comics
04-21-2009, 02:30 PM
Probably through the Obituaries section of The Gotham Times
I never believe anything I read in that conservative propaganda rag. They had this one article actually suggesting Bruce Wayne was Batman, and that he kept young boys locked in a cave under his mansion. PBBBBT!

I only read the Gazette.

Paul Sanderson
04-21-2009, 06:52 PM
My theory is...the body was actually J'onn J'onnz'. It's not that difficult in comics to make his green alien corpse turn into a guy with Bruce's characteristic post mortem, and the thing is the solicitation read that it's the birth of the first black lantern while there's another cover showing this...

http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/dcnew/july2009/1/gl_cv44.jpg

Is that Barry?

Deadfish07
04-21-2009, 08:17 PM

I don't think so. Hush had his face surgically altered to look like Bruce's. Nightwing and Robin had Hush locked away in Bruce's penthouse aparment, which I guess doubles as a prison.

So I guess for appearances, "Bruce" is alive but a shut-in.

Moonrider
04-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Is that Barry?

Most probably is. It's probably meant as an ironic cover, with both Hal & Barry who were dead but got better fighting against Martian Manhunter who is still dead but not really, over the dead body of a guy who sorta kinda still alive somewhere.

onizuka43
04-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Most probably is. It's probably meant as an ironic cover, with both Hal & Barry who were dead but got better fighting against Martian Manhunter who is still dead but not really, over the dead body of a guy who sorta kinda still alive somewhere.

So much meanings... head exploding... brain on fire. :blink:

Paul Sanderson
04-21-2009, 11:42 PM

Yeah. After I posted the question, I saw in the Blackest Night thread confirmation that it's Barry. Cool :D

RandallFlagg
04-22-2009, 05:25 AM
But Bruce Wayne isn't dead, right? I mean, didn't we see him at the end of Final Crisis in a cave somewhere?

But then, I guess there was a body. We saw Superman holding it. But that was before we saw him in the cave. So ....

I don't know what to believe anymore. :huh:

From what I've read (I went to several sources after Final Crisis, I might just be too stupid to understand everything), Bruce's body was killed, but his consciousness was transferred through time, which is why he's in that cave. It's at the beginning of time. Now all that needs to happen is for someone to realize that, and go back in time to get him.