PDA

View Full Version : A Spiderman issue

madeinjapan
04-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I rarely read Marvel comics at all. Especially current events. I sometimes just read an old trade here and there.

During Civil War I thought Spiderman revealed himself as Peter Parker... to the world. Then I read a recent Avengers comic and he was asked to reveal himself to the rest of the Avengers. :blink:

What have I missed?

John Rauch
04-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Just a day or two.

HaphazardJoy
04-14-2009, 07:24 PM
You missed one of the worst moments in Spider-man's fictional life. You'd be doing yourself a favor not to read it.

Spider-man revealed himself to the world, but later goes astray of the pro-registration side and is forced to go on the run, leaving Aunt May and MJ without the protection that being with Tony Stark offered. So they're targeted, Aunt May takes a sniper's bullet and slowly dies despite the friends Spidey calls on. Enter Mephisto, who offers to bring Aunt May back, but in return, after Mephisto rewrites history, Spidey and MJ will have never have been married, thus rewriting continuity, including Spidey's reveal. At approximately that same moment, fans across the nation looked up from the comics they were reading and stated: "The FUCK?!"

madeinjapan
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
wow ... that sucks.

HaphazardJoy
04-14-2009, 07:37 PM
You spoke great truth there.

onizuka43
04-14-2009, 08:09 PM
Just a day or two.

:har:

Mike225
04-14-2009, 08:16 PM
Spider-man revealed himself to the world :confused:

I don't remember that!

Paul Sanderson
04-14-2009, 08:48 PM
You missed one of the worst moments in Spider-man's fictional life. You'd be doing yourself a favor not to read it.

Spider-man revealed himself to the world, but later goes astray of the pro-registration side and is forced to go on the run, leaving Aunt May and MJ without the protection that being with Tony Stark offered. So they're targeted, Aunt May takes a sniper's bullet and slowly dies despite the friends Spidey calls on. Enter Mephisto, who offers to bring Aunt May back, but in return, after Mephisto rewrites history, Spidey and MJ will have never have been married, thus rewriting continuity, including Spidey's reveal. At approximately that same moment, fans across the nation looked up from the comics they were reading and stated: "The FUCK?!"

Quoted for truth!

Mark Bertolini
04-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Well, c'mon guys, let's take a step back. This was, uh...hold on...the good part about this was when, um...shit...oh! When Spidey...huh...nope, this was terrible.

Also, I'm not a big fan of Dan Slott's take on Spider-Man. The only reason I read any of it was for JRJR's art.

Nitecrawlah2
04-14-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm just hoping this isn't some bitch move until Spidey eventually faces off against Norman at the end of Dark Reign and starts remembering shit. Actually, I do hope that's the case.

ponyrl
04-14-2009, 09:26 PM
Hell! So that's what happened?

*sigh*

Moonrider
04-14-2009, 11:24 PM
I want magic explained, dammit!

BJCochran
04-15-2009, 12:13 AM
:confused:

I don't remember that!

Thats hilarious because i remember him unmasking but dont remember seeing his face.

All I know is I'm dating a hot red head named MJ and I ran into Harry Osborn the other day at a coffee place....but I dont remember who was under the mask

Mwynn
04-15-2009, 10:07 AM
The problem I have with the deal is that it should be out of character for Peter. With what he has gone through over the years, he should not would not do that. This totally spits into the face of Uncle Ben and the "With great power comes great responsibility"

Paul Sanderson
04-15-2009, 07:25 PM
Exactly. No matter how much grief and pain he was feeling, Peter would never make a deal such as that. It shows the height of ignorance from those responsible for this storyline travesty!

robbdaman
04-15-2009, 08:09 PM
Yeah it's a failure of character for sure. Not to mention that Aunt May wouldn't want Peter or Mary Jane to do that, it was an epic FAIL on every level and is the reason I'll never pick up Amazing Spider-Man again. Well... at least until fat Joe Quesadilla drops dead.