PDA

View Full Version : Timestorm

BJCochran
04-11-2009, 02:22 AM
Ok so I was late with new comics this week. I picked them up today and not on Weds like I normally do.

So I went in and asked to purchase the books in my pullbox..and lo and behold I forgot I had this title pulled when it came out.

First of all, I was a huge 2099 nut. HUGE. Granted it ended poorly it still was a fun read IMO. (I mostly read Spider-man 2099 and Hulk 2099)

So going into this I was pumped just as I was when Spidey 2099 guest starred in Captain Marvel a few years back.

Not going to spoil it too much but this was one of the funnest reads I've had all year. Granted Miguel seems to be out of character and some of the facts dont line up to continuity of the original run of 2099, I have a feeling it will be explained.

Plus the final page of Wolverine (Modern Day) getting ready to fight Hulk 2099...yeah I had a geekasm.

OptimusRhyme
04-13-2009, 03:37 AM
well from what Brian Reed's been saying, this is a redone 2099 universe, sort of like what Warren Ellis did in newuniversal

Moonrider
04-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Does it have Ghost Rider 2099 in it?

pi0trov
04-13-2009, 04:07 AM
Does it have Ghost Rider 2099 in it?
Man, I loved that series! Probably the first place I saw Ashley Wood's art as well.

Wasn't as much of a fan of the rest of the line, although I did like a lot of the Doom series, and Spidey was cool, of course. Doubt I'll pick this new one up, except maybe in trade.

BJCochran
04-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah it is redone but its such an enjoyable read with some of those characters back in it.

It looks like Ghost Rider will bei nthe next issue.