PDA

View Full Version : Wacom / PS Brush Size ??

mrlabrad
04-09-2009, 02:10 AM
I was wondering if there is anybody on the forum that uses a particular brush or brush size.

I'm trying to learn how to use the wacom to draw. It's a pain because I love pencil way more. But, I've seen too much good artwork that have been painted with wacom.

Can anybody recommend a specific brush size or particular brush. I know it's subjective but I willing to experiment at this point. Let me know. Thanks.

Gav Heryng
04-09-2009, 09:48 AM
It's actually pretty important that you vary your brush size where appropriate. Most digital painters recommend that you start of with big chunky brushes just to get your values filled in, and then work smaller and tighter as you go. This helps you keep your eye on composition in general, rather than becoming bogged down with details too early on.

I hear what you're saying about preferring to use a real pencil as I'm very much the same. But the two mediums don't have to be exclusive. Much of my work is hand drawn and then scanned into photoshop for colouring or painting.

For in-depth information on digital painting, I'd recommend visiting the ConceptArt.org forums. The talent there can be daunting for a beginner, but there's some great tutorials to help you catch up.

Hope this helps.

Gav