PDA

View Full Version : Dark X-Men...?

Ian Ascher
04-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Just saw this image on Newsarama. Nothing offical otehr than the pic has been released.

http://blog.newsarama.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10087/normal_darkxmen.jpg

Mwynn
04-02-2009, 05:20 PM
So Daken is just like his dad and will be featured in multiple titles.

Mark Bertolini
04-02-2009, 05:27 PM
So Daken is just like his dad and will be featured in multiple titles.

How do you know that's not Wolverine? You can't see the claw dispersement.

Mwynn
04-02-2009, 05:30 PM
The claws are not lined up three in a row, what else do you need to go by?

You can also see his thumb, where else would that third claw be but in the wrist?

Deadfish07
04-02-2009, 05:50 PM
X-23 needs to join the Young Avengers or something. She's lacking in Wolverine's ability to be in multiple titles a month.

Speaking of which, how does Wolverine share time between X-men/X-Force and New Avengers now? You could somewhat buy it when the X-Men were in Westchester, but now he's in San Francisco. Flying back and forth on the X-Jet is going to cut into his guest appearance schedule.

Ian Ascher
04-02-2009, 06:17 PM
The claws are not lined up three in a row, what else do you need to go by?

You can also see his thumb, where else would that third claw be but in the wrist?

There are three claws in a row just above Namor's shoulder, typical of Logan. I don't know what the hell is going on with the other hand next to Emma Frost.

Mwynn
04-02-2009, 06:18 PM
There are three claws in a row just above Namor's shoulder, typical of Logan. I don't know what the hell is going on with the other hand next to Emma Frost.
Hm, I didn't even notice those ones.

Ian Ascher
04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Dodson doesn't usualy make a mistake like that so you have to wonder if it's Marvel's art department throwing it in the make us wonder who might be under the mask.

pi0trov
04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
I'm assuming this is more of Norman's "re-packaging" characters, as I don't remember Dagger being able to fly. My guess is that's Songbird in Tandy's costume.

So yeah, it's probably Daken, not Logan.

Mwynn
04-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Dodson doesn't usualy make a mistake like that so you have to wonder if it's Marvel's art department throwing it in the make us wonder who might be under the mask.
I guess the guy in the background is Cloak?

robbdaman
04-02-2009, 07:03 PM
That's Mimic (one version or another) with the wings. The big M is a giveaway. Using Namor as a mutant in a mutant book is rare too.

Nitecrawlah2
04-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Geez another X-title/team book I know. But Namor? That could be pretty cool.

Moonrider
04-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Hm, I didn't even notice those ones.

No I still think you're right, it's Daken. His left claws seen in that angle will still look like it's lined up in a row if you can't see his hands.

Hanzou
04-02-2009, 08:05 PM
The Dodsons really don't get the props they deserve. What a fantastic art team.

Mwynn
04-02-2009, 08:13 PM
So we have Daken, Emma, Namor, Cloak, Dagger, and Mimic.

Could the guy with the Omega Symbol be Omega Red?
Is that Prof X?

HaphazardJoy
04-02-2009, 10:06 PM
So we have Daken, Emma, Namor, Cloak, Dagger, and Mimic.

Could the guy with the Omega Symbol be Omega Red?
Is that Prof X?

I assume that that's Weapon Omega... whether it's The Collective version or not, but why have a Canadian flag designed costume if he's not on one of the Flight teams, and yeah, must be Prof X.

pi0trov
04-02-2009, 10:37 PM
I assume that that's Weapon Omega... whether it's The Collective version or not, but why have a Canadian flag designed costume if he's not on one of the Flight teams, and yeah, must be Prof X.
Well, from that pic you can't actually tell if it's the maple leaf outfit - it's just red and the appropriate section is conveniently obscured by Maybe-Emma.

And that bald guy is supposed to LOOK like Xavier, sure. But really, it could be just about anyone with a haircut. Someone on Newsarama suggested Sebastian Shaw - good a possibility as any, I suppose.

Biofungus
04-02-2009, 10:57 PM
It's Professor Y.

HaphazardJoy
04-03-2009, 06:18 AM
I'd buy the Shaw suggestion a whole lot better if they hadn't just established that Shaw has mutual animosity with Emma and Namor, and that Daken has no reason to trust Shaw.

Plus, why the need to pull a fake out?

Xavier is still regaining his memories, and apparently feeling regret at the way he played his hand in the past. Who's to say he wouldn't be more direct?

I'm mostly interested to see Cloak and Dagger's roles in this line-up, I wouldn't be surprised if it's counter-Osborn oriented, I doubt Namor will be a regular "member", and why Mimic? Icka.

MARS
04-03-2009, 01:55 PM
I just wanna know why so many black characters have to use hair straightener.

Really?

It makes everyone look like a pimp.

M.

ronin7
04-03-2009, 06:26 PM
Evil looking Xavier - Sebastion Shaw

The Mimic - is the real deal

Dagger - Songbird

Cloak - Abyss

Namor - Is the real deal

Emma - Regan Wyngarde; Lady Mastermind

Weapon Omega - Michael Pointer

Wolverine - Daken

This is a majorly stacked team if mine, and everyone else's guesses are right.

HaphazardJoy
04-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Evil looking Xavier - Sebastion Shaw

The Mimic - is the real deal

Dagger - Songbird

Cloak - Abyss

Namor - Is the real deal

Emma - Regan Wyngarde; Lady Mastermind

Weapon Omega - Michael Pointer

Wolverine - Daken

This is a majorly stacked team if mine, and everyone else's guesses are right.

Interesting, but Cloak and Dagger aren't major players like the copycat versions over at Dark Avengers, why would anyone bother pretending at them? Also: Abyss is depowered (repowered by Quicksilver in an unstable form though) and he's freaky looking like his brother Kurt.

ronin7
04-03-2009, 11:08 PM
Interesting, but Cloak and Dagger aren't major players like the copycat versions over at Dark Avengers, why would anyone bother pretending at them? Also: Abyss is depowered (repowered by Quicksilver in an unstable form though) and he's freaky looking like his brother Kurt.

Well, I can't see why Cloak and Dagger would join a Dark X-Men group since they are all about protecting kids from drugs. They aren't even super heroes, or civil rights activists. They're more like Daredevil and Night Thrasher; urban avengers.

HaphazardJoy
04-04-2009, 12:18 AM
Oh, I know, but then it's easy enough (if still ill advised) to come up with a plausible excuse to throw them on a team.

Such as:
They find out that an Oscorp subsidiary or Hood protected gang is pushing a new drug or abducting kids,
or,
have them lured/blackmailed onto the team a la Luke Cage's brief submission to Osborn.

Mike225
04-04-2009, 01:12 AM
Cloak and Dagger were both New Warriors.

ponyrl
04-04-2009, 01:41 AM
X-23 needs to join the Young Avengers or something. She's lacking in Wolverine's ability to be in multiple titles a month.

Speaking of which, how does Wolverine share time between X-men/X-Force and New Avengers now? You could somewhat buy it when the X-Men were in Westchester, but now he's in San Francisco. Flying back and forth on the X-Jet is going to cut into his guest appearance schedule.
Line of sight teleportation.

His new power dontchaknow.

robbdaman
04-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Well, I can't see why Cloak and Dagger would join a Dark X-Men group since they are all about protecting kids from drugs. They aren't even super heroes, or civil rights activists. They're more like Daredevil and Night Thrasher; urban avengers.

Cloak and Dagger are still mutant superheroes and have no book they star in. I think you're too caught up in their origin. And I am sure that is Xavier, Shaw looks nothing like Prof X. Mimic is hard to say, the original wasn't a mutant (or that's what they said at the time and he died years ago).

ponyrl
04-04-2009, 05:13 AM
he's forgotten that ALL history in the MU started at 2001.

buhe
04-05-2009, 01:20 AM
I think Emma is the real deal and is being forced by Norman who probably has a gun aimed at what's left of mutantkinds' head.

Xavier is probably Metallo with an amplifier device for his telepathy.

Cloak and Dagger are probably being blackmailed or something because of their past as vigilantes and I think they got in trouble with the police while they were minors while doing it.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMpromobanner.gif
http://www.comicmonsters.com/