PDA

View Full Version : Sword

BJCochran
03-30-2009, 04:29 PM
So am I the only person reading this series? I skimmed over the first trade at Barnes and Noble one day and fell in love with it.

Anybody else?

Hello??????

<Hears pin drop>

patchesk83
03-31-2009, 02:59 PM
i've been reading it pretty much since it came out. its pretty fucking awesome. the other stuff the luna bros have done (girls, ultra) is great as well. they're also pretty cool guys. i met them at the baltimore con a few months ago. but yeah, when the new issue comes out, its usually the first comic i read that week.

BJCochran
04-02-2009, 03:31 AM
i've been reading it pretty much since it came out. its pretty fucking awesome. the other stuff the luna bros have done (girls, ultra) is great as well. they're also pretty cool guys. i met them at the baltimore con a few months ago. but yeah, when the new issue comes out, its usually the first comic i read that week.

Now what is Ultra and GIrls about? After reading the first two trades for Sword I am really interested in their work.

One other thing, isn't Sword a finite series? And do you know how many issues they are planning?

patchesk83
04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Now what is Ultra and GIrls about? After reading the first two trades for Sword I am really interested in their work.

One other thing, isn't Sword a finite series? And do you know how many issues they are planning?

Ultra is the first work they put out. They described it as a superhero version of Sex and the City, which is kinda true, but it's not as lame as it sounds. It focuses on a single female superhero and her friends and their dating exploits. It's also a bit of a commentary on the whole celebrity culture this country has. There's not as much crazy action, but it's a great story that's def worth the read. It was an 8 issue miniseries and the trade should be available.

Girls is kind of a zombie-type story. It involves these naked women (they look human, but they're not) terrorizing this small town in the middle of nowhere. Again, it's much better than the description sounds. That one has 24 issues and the 4 trades are also out.

I'm pretty sure they've said The Sword is a finite series, but I don't know how many issues they're planning. Based on the rate they're going with the plot, I'd say there's like another year or so left.

The Luna's also worked on some Marvel stuff a few years ago. They did the Spider-Woman origin series with Bendis and I think they did a couple issues of Ultimate X-Men with BKV.