PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Avengers #23 (Spoilers)

Eugene Selassie
03-30-2009, 01:33 PM
An enjoyable read once again.

I did feel that this conclusion to the first arc didn't have the BANG that it deserved, but was a logical conclusion as they had to get the pieces where they needed to on the board.

I think the art really sang much more this issue. And going back and reading 21 and 22...it is not Khoi that is the problem...it is the colorist AND the inker. I've never dug Danny Miki's inks, as he tries to do it like Palmiotti, but he has such a wild style, that recreating it will lead to failure.

The surprise ending actually surprised me as I really couldn't give two shits about the laughable Norman Osborn and this entire Dark Reign bullshit. BUT it made complete sense and now ties in with the other Avengers books...for better or worse.

Ian Ascher
04-01-2009, 06:55 AM
I liked the twist at the end. I wasn't expecting it and I really hope it plays out well over the course of Dan Slott's run. Kohi was right... it was a good ending and it keeps me on for another arc.

Aside from that, the whole arc was very rushed. You have to split the blame between Dan and editorial. Its obvious Dan had a huge story in mind but had only so much space in the issues allowed for the arc (Because we all know we need our mass market TPBs). Khoi's pencils being murdered on a monthly basis makes it that much tougher on the series.

Marvel is really treating this book as a 3rd string series. From issue #1 Mighty hasn't really lived up to its over all billing.

BJCochran
04-08-2009, 01:02 PM
So is the Hulk a part of this team officially? Yes or no?

galmando
04-08-2009, 01:10 PM
SPOILER WARNING

i think i'm being very stupid, does the ending imply that Loki was imitating Wanda? or manipulating Wanda? because the tag line for next issue say 'where has the Scarlett Witch been', which would be a pointless story if it were in actual fact Loki. that just wouldnt make any sense

Ian Ascher
04-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Interesting point...

At the end of the issue I came away thinking that Loki was acting as the Scarlet Witch, once again becoming the catalyst for the creation of the Avengers.

We "know" where the Scarlet Witch has been. In a small balkan village, living a normal life, so to speak.

Clint found her in the pages of New Avengers, slept with her, and left. At the time she acted as if she had no idea who she was.

The Beast found her in the pages of the X-men, tried to get her to reverse her "no more mutants' decree. During this conversation it seems as if maybe she does know who she is but wants to ignore her past. Talking w/ a blue, furry, man doesn't really seam to put her off like it should.