PDA

View Full Version : New Bat Books

Troy Wall
03-24-2009, 12:28 AM
With the recent cancellation of several Bat family books, we knew DC would be ushering in some new ones pretty soon. Pulled from DC's most recent solicitations, three new Bat family titles launching this summer:

RED ROBIN #1
Written by Christopher Yost
Art by Ramon Bachs
Cover by Francis Manapul
Variant cover by JG Jones
Writer Chris Yost (New X-Men, X-Force) and artist by Ramon Bachs (Civil War: Front Line) kick off a brand-new ongoing series right here with “The Grail” part 1 of 4! Following the aftermath of BATTLE FOR THE COWL, a new Batman watches over Gotham City. But not everyone is ready to give up on the old one. Someone believes that Bruce Wayne may still be alive…and that someone is Red Robin. But who is wearing the Red Robin costume, and why is he traveling the globe looking for a dead man? Whoever he is, he's not alone in his search!
On sale June 10 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

BATMAN: STREETS OF GOTHAM #1
Written by Paul Dini and Marc Andreyko
Art by Dustin Nguyen & Derek Fridolfs and Georges Jeanty & Karl Story
Cover by Dustin Nguyen
An all-new Batman series by the DETECTIVE COMICS creative team of Paul Dini and Dustin Nguyen! As a new Batman rises on the streets of Gotham City, the heroes, villains and citizens take notice. How will the police feel about this new Batman, and can he control the crime in Gotham the way the old Batman did?
On sale June 17 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS #1
Written by Paul Dini
Art and cover by Guillem March
This all-new series features the bad girls of Gotham City! Catwoman, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn are tired of playing by other people's rules regardless of which side of the law they're on. These tough ladies have a new agenda that's all their own, and they'll use any means necessary to pursue it. But can they get along and work as a team? And who will get hurt along the way? DETECTIVE COMICS and STREETS OF GOTHAM writer Paul Dini kicks off this brand-new ongoing series with amazing artwork by Guillem March (JOKER’S ASYLUM: POISON IVY, GOTHAM GAZETTE).
On sale June 24 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

I'll probably pick up STREETS OF GOTHAM. I love the Dini/Nguyen team.

Mike225
03-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Red Robin sounds interesting.

Paul Sanderson
03-24-2009, 02:39 AM
Sounds like it's still Tim.

Ian Ascher
03-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Streets of Gotham should be Rucka and Brubaker but that's just me.

Paul Sanderson
03-24-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm glad Dini is still in the Bat-universe, though. Will he still be writing Detective Comics as well or did they pull him off that title? His stuff was very good there IMO. Rucka needs to stay well away from Batman. He caused enough damage there over the years. Brubaker would be fine though, I agree.

HaphazardJoy
03-24-2009, 05:28 PM
There's the new Azrael book too.

ronin7
03-24-2009, 06:17 PM
I agree with Paul, so not a fan of Rucka's Batman.

kdmelrose
03-24-2009, 06:38 PM
I'm glad Dini is still in the Bat-universe, though. Will he still be writing Detective Comics as well or did they pull him off that title?

Rucka and J.H. Williams are handling Detective, starring Batwoman, with a Question co-feature by Rucka and Cully Hamner.

Paul Sanderson
03-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Another book to avoid :man:

BJCochran
03-24-2009, 07:13 PM
Off topic but on topic slightly.

Anyone else feel that DC is trying to copy Marvel's death of Captain America by killing off Batman?

Ian Ascher
03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm glad Dini is still in the Bat-universe, though. Will he still be writing Detective Comics as well or did they pull him off that title? His stuff was very good there IMO. Rucka needs to stay well away from Batman. He caused enough damage there over the years. Brubaker would be fine though, I agree.

Did you ever read Gotham Central?????

Troy Wall
03-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Only Batman isn't dead; he's rooming with cavemen in some looooong ago BC era, carving bat symbols in the wall to entertain himself until his homeboys travel back in time and rescue him.

DC is missing the biggest opportunity here--a bat book set in Bruce's current time where he must stop all the horny neandertals from clubbing the girls and having their way with them. Fighting blood thirsty dinosaurs with his bare hands and eating the guts out of defenseless baby Raptors for breakfast. And bedding down with some of that sweet, hairy bushed cave girl nook-nook. I would call it...BATMAN BEFORE CHRIST!

BJCochran
03-24-2009, 08:06 PM
Only Batman isn't dead; he's rooming with cavemen in some looooong ago BC era, carving bat symbols in the wall to entertain himself until his homeboys travel back in time and rescue him.

DC is missing the biggest opportunity here--a bat book set in Bruce's current time where he must stop all the horny neandertals from clubbing the girls and having their way with them. Fighting blood thirsty dinosaurs with his bare hands and eating the guts out of defenseless baby Raptors for breakfast. And bedding down with some of that sweet, hairy bushed cave girl nook-nook. I would call it...BATMAN BEFORE CHRIST!

LMAO...I stand corrected about my assumption

Paul Sanderson
03-24-2009, 08:25 PM
Bruce Wayne is about as dead as I am...

Rucka on cops, good. Rucka on Batman, bad.

JamieRoberts
03-24-2009, 08:28 PM

I'd call it Batman Begins Society!

JamieRoberts
03-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Bruce Wayne is about as dead as I am...

Rucka on cops, good. Rucka on Batman, bad.
Rucka on toast, odd.

Paul Sanderson
03-24-2009, 09:25 PM
Very odd :laugh:

Moonrider
03-25-2009, 05:42 AM
I wonder if these titles will last a year.

Paul Sanderson
03-25-2009, 06:19 PM
Probably not, or not much longer if they do.