PDA

View Full Version : Immortal Iron Fist Canceled

Troy Wall
03-24-2009, 12:21 AM
As of issue #27, as reported by Rich Johnston (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=20531) in this week's LiTG.

Eugene Selassie
03-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Ehh...

Book hasn't really been that good since Bru/Fraction left. Stopped reading issue 21.

ronin7
03-24-2009, 11:13 AM
I stopped reading after Brubaker left, and I'm said to see the book go.

Eugene Selassie
03-24-2009, 01:56 PM
I stopped reading after Brubaker left, and I'm said to see the book go.

Yeah. Gave Duane a chance on this and on Cable. I just don't dig his writing style.

Nitecrawlah2
03-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Man, I loved this little series while it was good. And it was fucking great! I'm not too upset, since I understand he's a niche character and all, but Brubaker/Fraction proved that so much is possible with this series. They could go on about all the other past Iron Fists for like 50+issues and I'd still be buying them.

Troy Wall
03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah, this book was the shit until Brubaker/Fraction/Aja left. I did enjoy that single issue Duane did with Iron Fist 3099. That was a trip. But that first arc he did with that enemy that had an interchangeable demon frog head was fucktarded. And Travel Foreman's art didn't help.

J. Alexopoulos
03-25-2009, 12:18 AM
This last arc, where they're pretty much stuck in hell fighting for eternity is pretty good. Too bad...

WilliamStormeSmith
03-25-2009, 12:35 AM
I really like this book. Hate to see it go.

Moonrider
03-25-2009, 02:02 AM
This last arc, where they're pretty much stuck in hell fighting for eternity is pretty good.

Only if you liked Mortal Kombat.

HaphazardJoy
03-25-2009, 02:47 AM
I don't particularly care for Mortal Kombat, but I've been enjoying this book all along, I'm bummed.

Moonrider
03-25-2009, 04:09 AM
Well, I did like Mortal Kombat and this last arc is still quite enjoyable. But the abrupt change in style from the gritty kung fu action in Brubaker/Fraction's run to the fantasy/fighting game inspired plot of the recent arc just feels a bit off. You know, that kind of feeling like if suddenly some writer decided to put Daredevil in space to fight aliens.

HaphazardJoy
03-25-2009, 04:44 AM
Right....

The earlier arcs had no hint of mystical action at all, and a character being involved in story arcs that have direct relationship to his origin are offputting.

ponyrl
03-25-2009, 09:42 PM
But did it have the zombie iron man Dwayne/nighthrasher in the future taking over stark industries and manipulating his bro who was the current nighthrasher, like New Warriors?

I think NOT!

Eugene Selassie
03-27-2009, 06:18 PM
But did it have the zombie iron man Dwayne/nighthrasher in the future taking over stark industries and manipulating his bro who was the current nighthrasher, like New Warriors?

I think NOT!

LMFAO!

I really wish to see the New Warriors in a book.

I don't mind it not being the all classic roster, but I don't want it to be the dumping ground for depowered mutants either.

Mark Bertolini
03-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Sucks to hear, but it was bound to happen. I always likened Iron Fist to Daredevil, in that it was a book that kind of occupied it's own little corner or the Marvel U, but unlike DD when Bendis/Maleev left and Bru/Lark took over, when Bru/Fraction/Aja left, the follow-up team just didn't have that spark.

I dunno. I'll just re-read the first couple of trades.

WilliamStormeSmith
03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
I don't know the science of comic book cancellation, but seems they'd try a new creative team. Marvel needs a kung fu book, unless they consider DD the kung fu king of the MU. Unless they want to see if Iron Fist gets a "Fan response", like Amazing Spider Girl used to get every time it was near cancellation.

I've enjoyed every issue. Yet I am surprised by how unimpressed I've been w/ Brubaker and Fraction on Uncanny Xmen.

Imboden
03-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Book needed more Luke Cage. Plain and simple.

Nitecrawlah2
03-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Sweet Christmas! Yeah, you might be right. Danny Rand is great and all, but the relationship between Danny and Luke now compared to their old days would have been a gold mine IMO. I've always enjoyed Marvel's "kung fu" books, and was really hoping for a new ongoing Shang Chi after that Max miniseries a few years ago. That whole espionage/strike team thing was one of the reasons I loved the old MoKF title so much.

Ian Ascher
04-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Iron Fist may not be canceled after all....

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/040904-FatCobra.html

Five one-shots that focus on the Immortal Weapons, each has an Iron Fist back up chapter and the book may return by the end of the year (Marvel hasn't said one way or another).

Up first... Fat Cobra...

J. Alexopoulos
04-05-2009, 09:23 PM
Cool, I didn't want to lose Iron Fist.

Paul Sanderson
04-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Book needed more Luke Cage. Plain and simple.

Yep.

Nitecrawlah2
04-06-2009, 04:11 PM
I'm always down for more Iron Fist!

angeltread
09-11-2009, 03:51 AM
yeah i didnt think it was cancelled , just on hold while they did the weapons books.
ive loved almost all of them. the 3099 issue being my all time fav of the entire series.

Kevin Lee
09-11-2009, 05:43 AM
I'm always up for celebrating the cancellation of shit books!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: