PDA

View Full Version : The Sinister Spider-Man

Troy Wall
03-22-2009, 10:20 PM
http://creative.myspacecdn.com/groups/_mcb/mycupojoe/week1109/DARKSSM001_cov_col_copy.jpg

Like Bullseye's Hawkeye, Mac Gargan's Dark Reign Spider-Man gets a mini-series of his own in the coming months. Moonstone's Ms. Marvel is also set to take the spotlight in the Ms. Marvel ongoing.

I think more of the Dark Avengers are getting mini's this year, but I'm drawing a blank.

Deadfish07
03-23-2009, 12:14 AM
Isn't Daken taking over Wolverine: Origins for awhile as well? Well, he's actually pretty much already done that.

Captain Marvel (aka Marvel Boy) deserves his own mini. He could be a main player in the future of Marvel, but they have barely scratched the surface with the character yet.

Troy Wall
03-23-2009, 01:42 AM
Isn't Daken taking over Wolverine: Origins for awhile as well? Well, he's actually pretty much already done that.

Yeah, that's the one I was leaving out.

And I agree about Marvel Boy. Strange that Marvel hasn't done more with the character considering how well regarded by fans his original mini-series circa 1999-2000 by Grant Morrison is.

pi0trov
03-23-2009, 03:28 AM
And I agree about Marvel Boy. Strange that Marvel hasn't done more with the character considering how well regarded by fans his original mini-series circa 1999-2000 by Grant Morrison is.
I was honestly a bit surprised when they brought him into the Marvel Universe Proper. I love that mini-series, but it always seemed like it wouldn't really mesh with the rest of the 616, due to some of the wacky things Morrison introduced in there.

I had read a while back, prior to Marvel Boy's re-introduction, that the mini was considered something of the first "unofficial" Ultimate title, but I guess they decided not to stick with that....

Nitecrawlah2
03-23-2009, 10:01 PM
What is the official story on that Marvel Boy mini? Seems like the same character that's currently in the 616, but no clue how he made it over to "our" side. I got a chance to chat with J.G.Jones once while he was sketching, and he said he's always getting mad props for that book though doesn't understand since he didn't write the thing. Fantastic little miniseries that was.

Troy Wall
03-24-2009, 12:01 AM
I've heard the quotes from Quesada, et. al, about Marvel Boy being the first Ultimate series. They had to have been speaking metaphorically. If he really was speaking concretely, we can pretty much consider it moot now that he's in the 616 proper.

First Ultimate story = Ultimate Spider-Man #1.

Nitecrawlah2
04-04-2009, 09:26 PM
I've heard the quotes from Quesada, et. al, about Marvel Boy being the first Ultimate series. They had to have been speaking metaphorically. If he really was speaking concretely, we can pretty much consider it moot now that he's in the 616 proper.

First Ultimate story = Ultimate Spider-Man #1.
Yeah I heard that before myself. If I recall, the story took place on Earth, not some Kree homeworld or something right? I'm curious to see how Marvel Boy made it to the 616, or if that story was on future Earth and he just traveled back in time or something.

KidIntense
04-04-2009, 11:21 PM
My opinion is that the dark Spider-Man is very more intense than our regular Spider-Man. I pretty much love the black costumed Spider-Man better. If Peter Parker would still be in his black Spider-Man suit, they would love it more. Unfortunetly, Mac is wearing it now.

HaphazardJoy
04-04-2009, 11:46 PM
!!!

BJCochran
04-05-2009, 02:01 AM
Could be interesting...but I wish they found a way to bring back Kaine as a 'dark Spider-man'...(I know the clone saga has been wiped out in 616 and only exists in the M2 universe...but I can wish)

galmando
04-05-2009, 12:46 PM
did i just go insane or did KidIntense just make his triumphantly intense return?