PDA

View Full Version : Discount comic book service.

zcotty
03-21-2009, 05:31 PM
I heard nothing but PRAISE for these guys. From everywhere! So since I live in Europe and can't get all the books I'd like and the dollar be pretty low, I give them a chance.

Ordered some books in the end of summer of 2008. Around January they Finally send them off. I'd been in touch with them and had nothing but friendly emails. GREAT guys.

BUT the end of MArch comes along... no books. So I email them again.

Oh... theyv'e been sitting here... you have to pay another $39 for extra postage or something...? What the? These books were already paid for to my knowledge a almost a YEAR ago! What's with that?

And besides that I had pretty much given up and managed to get the books here.

Any body have any problems with these guys before? Like I said: I've heard nothing but praise and until now everything was very cool and bend over backwards for the customer...

Paul Sanderson
03-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Who are you talking about exactly?

NewBabyProd
03-21-2009, 06:48 PM
I assume that he is talking about http://www.dcbservice.com (http://www.dcbservice.com/).

Paul Sanderson
03-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Ah...okay, gotcha.

zcotty
03-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Yup. It was in the title. I gues a lot of people know them as DCBService.

Still pissed about this. :man:

ronin7
03-21-2009, 07:15 PM
I heard nothing but PRAISE for these guys. From everywhere! So since I live in Europe and can't get all the books I'd like and the dollar be pretty low, I give them a chance.

Ordered some books in the end of summer of 2008. Around January they Finally send them off. I'd been in touch with them and had nothing but friendly emails. GREAT guys.

BUT the end of MArch comes along... no books. So I email them again.

Oh... theyv'e been sitting here... you have to pay another $39 for extra postage or something...? What the? These books were already paid for to my knowledge a almost a YEAR ago! What's with that?

And besides that I had pretty much given up and managed to get the books here.

Any body have any problems with these guys before? Like I said: I've heard nothing but praise and until now everything was very cool and bend over backwards for the customer...

From the site:

Q) Do you ship to countries other than the United States and Canada?

A) We gladly accept orders to countries outside the United States and Canada. International shipments, not including Canada are sent by USPS air mail, DHL Global Express, or UPS. Please inquire for pricing before placing your order. Shipping costs are not accessed to international orders until the order has been packaged and readied for shipment.

For shipments inside the US, packages are sent by DHL and UPS ground. Customers may choose their shipping carrier of UPS or DHL in their customer profile. Single item, very small, or final shipments, may be sent by United States Postal Service, DHL, or UPS depending on the items being sent. Orders sent to PO Boxes, FPO, APO, Alaska, and Hawaii are subject to actual shipping costs, because the only option for ground shipping is the US Postal Service, and the rates are much higher than those we negotiate with our 2 main shipping carriers. Packages sent by the US Postal Service by this method are not insured, but may be insured for an additional cost. Please inquire for costs.

---

Did you inquire about the international shipping costs prior to paying for the books? If you did, and paid what they asked. Then I don't know what the problem was.