PDA

View Full Version : boy...Dan Fraga ripped Rob Liefeld a new a-hole...

Rob Norton
03-16-2009, 11:47 PM
i dont know if this is old news, but its new to me. i was reading over on AINTITCOOL, and they interview Dan Fraga, the historically horrible artist from extreme studios back in the day(hes actually come a long way now and is pretty damn good, but man his old stuff was terrible)

anyway...im at work and cant post links, but in the interview, he speaks about Liefelds treatment of him when he worked for extreme, making points of how liefeld wouldnt let Fraga keep ownership of his own creations and doing a very work-for-hire mindset with him, which is weird considering what image was supposed to represent(creator rights).

fraga baiscally says robs a fucktard that he would never work for again. im actually not interested in creating a "fuck rob liefeld" thread and i know its whats going to happen, but if what Fraga said is true, he really derserves it this time. hoo boy.

rob

Jason Powell
03-17-2009, 12:30 AM
i dont know if this is old news, but its new to me. i was reading over on AINTITCOOL, and they interview Dan Fraga, the historically horrible artist from extreme studios back in the day(hes actually come a long way now and is pretty damn good, but man his old stuff was terrible)

anyway...im at work and cant post links, but in the interview, he speaks about Liefelds treatment of him when he worked for extreme, making points of how liefeld wouldnt let Fraga keep ownership of his own creations and doing a very work-for-hire mindset with him, which is weird considering what image was supposed to represent(creator rights).

fraga baiscally says robs a fucktard that he would never work for again. im actually not interested in creating a "fuck rob liefeld" thread and i know its whats going to happen, but if what Fraga said is true, he really derserves it this time. hoo boy.

rob

Don't confuse Extreme with Image, Extreme was just a studio who worked with Image, the owner just happened to be one of the founding fathers. Marc at Top Cow does the same thing, Do you not remember the thing with him and Turner over Fathom?

And honestly, calling Rob a "fucktard", or whatever, when you signed a contract knowing the terms of such is pretty lame. Do not play innocent Dan, you sold your characters for fame and a little money (probably a little cocaine also from what I have heard about the Extreme guys). I mean, would we or anyone know who Dan Fraga was if it wasn't for Rob?

-Jason

hellblazer72
03-17-2009, 01:24 AM
i wish to this day i didn't know who dan fraga was...damn you liefeld..damn you!!!!

Nitecrawlah2
03-21-2009, 09:20 PM
Yeah Rob, Dan Fraga has really come a long way from his style at Extreme Studios. Like every artist, he had a rough early stage in his career that polished up more and more with more projects. Comparing some of his most recent stuff and his earliest works though, it's hard to imagine both coming from the same artist.

Mwynn
03-21-2009, 09:37 PM
DF: Yes and Yes. There was a culmination of problems including him claiming ownership to my title SWAT, threatening to not publish BLACK SEED if I didnít give him a 50% ownership, and really just making too many personal attacks. It was the last part that did it. I told my old friend Jimmy Jay (in confidence) that I wanted out. Later that day, Jimmy told Rob and Rob came over to my house with threats in his mouth. He told me to go back into my house and ink SUPREME. I went back into my house and I packaged up all of the pending work that I had into a FedEx box, attached a resignation letter, and drove it up to Robís house. Needless to say, he wasnít happy.

After that, I was threatened with legal action for creating THE GEAR STATION. Rob claimed that he owned it because I developed the CG 2D thing while I worked for him. That was in 1999.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/40460