PDA

View Full Version : Astonishing Tales 1 & 2

knockedoutpanzer
03-16-2009, 06:01 PM
i only bought these as an artist on this forum, Nick Pitarra, featured in it. I enjoyed them both alot some good stories and art, but I really liked it as it was an anthology. Maybe it's because I grew up reading 2000AD in the UK which tends to have five or six tales of only a few pages long. These are slightly longer but you get alot for your money. And I don't normally buy Marvel at all. A nice revelation. :thumbs:

Aaron Walther
03-16-2009, 06:47 PM
I've love Hickman and Pitarra's Mojoworld story, but I think the other serials are pretty mediocre. I did really like Ted McKeever's MODOK story in issue two.

onizuka43
03-16-2009, 10:24 PM
I do like the idea, it's nice to get a lot of story for that price. The Mojo story is by far the most fun, good work Nick, and issue 2's was very funny. The wolverine and punisher story is pretty bland, although I like the art. I do hope this continues and gets better. I will no doubt get the next issue because I do find that price is worth it so far.

Nick Pitarra
03-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Hey thanks for picking up the issues guys! Really cool of yall to do that. :cool:

I've love Hickman and Pitarra's Mojoworld story, but I think the other serials are pretty mediocre. I did really like Ted McKeever's MODOK story in issue two.

I freaking loved Mckeever's MODOK story too. Probably the best 8 pages so far. When he finds out he's been made into a Salt and Pepper/Cheese shaker...LMFAO! Our story starts taking off in part 3 when the guys start making movies. Thanks again for picking the issues up guys.

~nick

Mike225
03-18-2009, 03:36 PM
I bought this a few days ago cause Nick had a story in it and really enjoyed it. I bought the first issue cause that's all I found. There's no comic stores around here, just book stores and a Hasting's, so I get everything about a month after everyone else.

Aaron Walther
03-19-2009, 12:12 AM
Hey thanks for picking up the issues guys! Really cool of yall to do that. :cool:

I freaking loved Mckeever's MODOK story too. Probably the best 8 pages so far. When he finds out he's been made into a Salt and Pepper/Cheese shaker...LMFAO! Our story starts taking off in part 3 when the guys start making movies. Thanks again for picking the issues up guys.

~nick
I'm excited. I love Mojoworld to begin with, but you guys really bring some excitement to it.