PDA

View Full Version : Morrison & Quitely on...

Ian Ascher
03-11-2009, 07:44 AM
Batman & Robin

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/030910-Batman-Quitely.html

ronin7
03-11-2009, 10:47 AM
Frank is so wasted on Batman and Robin. I don't know why Morrison brought him on board when he thrives on more out there comics like DOOM Patrol, ASS, etc.

Moonrider
03-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Wait, is this 'All Star' Batman & Robin or just Batman & Robin?

Quitely on Batman, I'm more than happy to see. Morrison on All Star Batman & Robin AND Batman feels a bit redundant.

L Jamal
03-11-2009, 12:15 PM
Just Batman and Robin... I suspect this will be out of continuity like ASS. I'll wait for the HC

Allegory Comics
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Quitely is an acquired taste, and I've grown to like him a lot, but that is the worst Robin I have ever seen. I like this one better ...

http://www.comicrift.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/a_asbrfqfixed.jpg

NickGuy
03-11-2009, 01:35 PM
that is my favorite quietly piece ever. I dont like morrison though...who is coloring this?

xombey
03-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Quitely is an acquired taste, and I've grown to like him a lot, but that is the worst Robin I have ever seen. I like this one better ...

http://www.comicrift.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/a_asbrfqfixed.jpg
seems like that left leg is off anatomy wise. but i've loved his work since flex mentallo

Mark Bertolini
03-11-2009, 02:15 PM
Just Batman and Robin... I suspect this will be out of continuity like ASS. I'll wait for the HC

Wait, Batman's ass is out of continuity now? Damn you Infinite Crisis!

Mike225
03-11-2009, 02:19 PM
I was disappointed with Morrison's previous run on Batman. There wasn't an issue where he tried LSD.

Eugene Selassie
03-11-2009, 03:39 PM
I was disappointed with Morrison's previous run on Batman. There wasn't an issue where he tried LSD.

LMFAO!!!!!

:banana:

kdmelrose
03-11-2009, 07:14 PM

It's in-continuity.

Buckyrig
03-11-2009, 07:19 PM
It's in-continuity.

Kevin's post, however, is not.

Mike225
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
You're busted for being an other-world alternate, Kevin.

robbdaman
03-11-2009, 07:30 PM
Great, another Batman title Morrison can F up. :cry:

JamieRoberts
03-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I don't care, I don't read DC! Bye!

ronin7
03-11-2009, 08:34 PM
I've thought about it, and I will at least give Morrison and Quietly three trades to wow me. If they don't then I won't continue reading.

kdmelrose
03-11-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't care, I don't read DC! Bye!

Thanks for stopping by to ... let us know you don't care.

Moonrider
03-11-2009, 09:54 PM
I've thought about it, and I will at least give Morrison and Quietly three trades to wow me. If they don't then I won't continue reading.

But you'll keep buying, right? :D

ronin7
03-11-2009, 11:11 PM
But you'll keep buying, right? :D

Nope :slap:

Paul Sanderson
03-12-2009, 01:00 AM
I'll give this one an early look-see, but I'm not a fan of Quitely and don't expect anything too great.

JamieRoberts
03-12-2009, 03:16 AM
Thanks for stopping by to ... let us know you don't care.
I'll actually likely buy this because of the creative team. Couldn't care less whether Morrison spoils Batman for a generation though.

NickGuy
03-12-2009, 01:00 PM

i really hope youre kidding. if you are going to wait three trades you are already committing yourself to it.

ronin7
03-12-2009, 01:06 PM
i really hope youre kidding. if you are going to wait three trades you are already committing yourself to it.

Bah, I meant one trade. Not three.

Mike225
03-12-2009, 01:12 PM
What an odd mistake.

Lovecraft13
03-12-2009, 02:37 PM
I'm down.

Paul Sanderson
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
I'm down.

Down where? :p

MARS
03-13-2009, 02:24 PM
THANK CHRIST.

(and that's a wonky orb-eyed boston terriered Frank Quietly Jesus with Sissy Spacek "Carrie-ish hair" lookin' all heroin'd out.

M.

Wayne Drake
03-13-2009, 07:37 PM
Robin looks so grumpy. I think it's Damien and Dick.

i do love that All-star cover tho, that Batman is just bulky enough, he looks just right.

Nitecrawlah2
03-14-2009, 04:15 AM
Apart from Paul Dini on Detective, this might get me to read some more Batman. I always enjoy Morrison and Quitely's collaborations.

Mic. Gee
03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
IGN Comics: With the June relaunch of the Batman franchise comes a new Batman and a new Robin. DC will kill us for revealing their identities, but can you describe, as much as you can, the new relationship/chemistry between this Batman and Robin and how it would relate to previous Dynamic Duos?
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/961/961488/batman-robin-20090311021113379.jpg
Morrison: It's much more…contentious. This is a very different Batman and Robin team from any that we've seen before. It's almost a reverse of the traditional dynamic, with a more light-hearted and spontaneous Batman and a scowling, badass Robin. Expect fireworks and violence.

Grant Morrison: 'Batman and Robin', which opens with the 3-part 'Batman Reborn' arc, is maybe more poppy, and more colourful, but it's also creepier. It's like David Lynch doing the Batman TV show. The story arcs are 4 short 3-part 'events', which combine to tell a longer, 12 part mystery.

Morrison: No, this isn't about Bruce Wayne at all, except in as much as it deals with his absence.

Where have readers heard about these ideas before ?*cough*Brubaker*Knightfall*

I found this really interesting take on Morrison's run. I agree but I don't disagree. I don't know if it's possible to destroy something (the DCU) that was never all that great. Then again, I don't read DC. He's sacrificing coherency for generating interest and now he's doing the Replace-a-Hero gimmick so now he's sacrificing originality...or is he?

Well... I guess this means I'm done with DC now. Morrison is an overrated hack. Final Crisis blew. He destroyed the Batman franchise with one of the most insanely stupid stories I have ever read. And the entire project (from the resurrection of Ras to R.I.P) was a very transparent bulldozing of the Tim Drake Robin for the purposes of replacing him with Morrison's own irritating creation, Daymian. I have never understood the fan-boyism for Morrison and his nonsensical plots and I can't wait for the inevitable day when people look back at his work in the same way modern comic book fans look at Rob Liefield's work. Posted by: brathor on March 11, 2009 16:57 PDT

If the new Batmobile is a hovercraft...this project can't be all that bad. Link (http://comics.ign.com/articles/961/961488p1.html)

Mike225
03-14-2009, 03:23 PM
We all know that brathor is the authority on any given subject. If he posted it on a message board, it's a fact. There's nothing to discuss from here on out.

Paul Sanderson
03-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah, it's probably Dick and Damien.

Ian Ascher
03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
From 20 Questions this week:

7) Speaking of Batman & Robin – with the announcement of Grant and Frank on that title, a lot of people immediately started wondering about scheduling. How are you going to be working that out with this title, given that Frank’s not really a monthly artist?

DD: All Star Superman was a particular book that was the story that Grant and Frank were telling, so that’s why we waited on that one. In this case, we all are going in with our eyes open in regards to the expectations and the challenges of doing a monthly series with this creative team. Grant is working with Frank on beginning the books – they started early, but more importantly, we will make sure this book comes out, and the story is constructed in a way that other artists can come in so we can keep it on a monthly schedule.

Ian Ascher
03-23-2009, 06:31 PM
BATMAN AND ROBIN #1
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Frank Quitely
Variant cover by JG Jones
Sketch variant cover by Frank Quitely
"Batman Reborn" begins here! With the reunited team of Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely (ALL-STAR SUPERMAN, WE3, New X-Men), this first issue kicks off a 3-part story arc that can't be missed! The new Dynamic Duo hit the streets with a bang in their new flying Batmobile as they face off against an assemblage of villains called the Circus of Strange. They also tackle their first mission investigating a child who’s been abducted by the mysterious Domino Killer. But will everything go smoothly? And who exactly are the new Batman and Robin? The newest era of The Dark Knight begins here!

NickGuy
03-23-2009, 06:35 PM
flying batmobile? that doesnt sound like it was ripped from ASBAR at all :rolleyes:

ronin7
03-23-2009, 08:52 PM
I'm already a harsh critic of Morrison, but if he has put Jason Todd under the cowl, my feelings will only be cemented that he is a universal hack in the likes of Alan Moore.

Paul Sanderson
03-23-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't like the sounds of that solicit at all.

kdmelrose
03-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I'm already a harsh critic of Morrison, but if he has put Jason Todd under the cowl, my feelings will only be cemented that he is a universal hack in the likes of Alan Moore.

I'm not sure what that means.

kdmelrose
03-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I don't like the sounds of that solicit at all.

What don't you like about it?

Paul Sanderson
03-23-2009, 11:45 PM
Flying Batmobile and Quitely as the artist. That's enough to keep me away (also, Morrison's writing has gone downhill lately).

Moonrider
03-24-2009, 12:10 AM
I kinda like Quitely's art in a weird way. All the humans' head are full of wrinkles and having strange postures, but I'll be damned if I don't say that drawing/writing a "PSSSSHHhhhh...." that turn into missile vapour trail is a totally awesome idea.

Mike225
03-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I'm already a harsh critic of Morrison, but if he has put Jason Todd under the cowl, my feelings will only be cemented that he is a universal hack in the likes of Alan Moore. :laugh: :laugh:

That is a joke, right?

kdmelrose
03-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Flying Batmobile and Quitely as the artist. That's enough to keep me away (also, Morrison's writing has gone downhill lately).

So just the flying Batmobile then, as you knew about Morrison and Quitely before the solicitation.