PDA

View Full Version : Secret Warriors: Nich Fury Agent of Nothing

Ian Ascher
03-05-2009, 02:25 PM
I wasn't going to buy this book...

Had no intentions of picking it up. Not even with all the viral advertising Marvel did a few months before it hit. The characters just didn't intrest me in the pages of Secret Invasion enough to bother.

Then #1 comes out and it's a really light week for me so I talked myself into it. What the hell. I'll read the first issue and if its junk i'll pass it on to a friend.

I read it and, much to my surpise, it wasn't bad. I kinda dug it.

#2 hit this week and I picked it up too, read it, and damn it, now Im hooked.

The story borrows a little from various places like Alias and your standard super-hero fare but so far, this has the makings of a really strong espionage via super-hero story.

I wont add it to my list until I check out issue #3 but Im still amazed at how good I thought it was.

onizuka43
03-05-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm with you, after the first issue reveal it had me hooked and if it keeps this same level of quality it will be heading to my box soon.

HaphazardJoy
03-06-2009, 08:16 AM
Yep, thought of making this very thread myself. It's too soon to tell, but this could be really good.

Eugene Selassie
03-06-2009, 11:11 AM
I enjoyed it. The only thing that stuck out was Caselli's art. A GREAT artist mind you, but I just don't think his art fits the tone of the series.

Mark Bertolini
03-06-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm good with anything that Jonathan Hickman is involved with.

Eugene Selassie
03-06-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm good with anything that Jonathan Hickman is involved with.

This guy is getting ALOT of praise and for him to be given FF after Waid/JMS/Millar says something.

I need to read some more of this guy's material to see if he really is the bee's knees as higher ups are touting him to be.

Can anyone point me to some of his other material?