PDA

View Full Version : The Complete Rocketeer

Ian Ascher
02-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Just saw this on Newsarama:

IDW will publish The Complete Rocketeer, which will collect all of the Dave Stevens Rocketeer comics, completely recolored by Laura Martin, who was the late Dave Stewart’s personal choice for the project. Stevens, who wasn’t happy with the original coloring on the project kept most of the original pages, and knew where the others were if he ever needed them.

IDW will also publish a deluxe version of the collection in an 8” x 12” format which will include over 10 pages of supplemental material that has rarely been seen. “The hope is to make this the book that Dave always wanted it to be,” Dunbier said.

Add this to the list off cool books from IDW this summer. That and Bloom County in a new package... I'm gonna be broke...

ponyrl
03-02-2009, 12:40 AM
excellent.

onizuka43
03-02-2009, 01:19 AM
I was very excited to hear they were going to release this and can't wait to get it. (IDW is also doing a family circus collection but I am less then excited about that one.)

L Jamal
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Sign me up for the Deluxe Edition.
I've been waiting for a good Rocketeer collection for years and I can't think of a more fitting tribute to the work of Dave Stevens.

Jamir with an E
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
Having been introduced to the character through the movie I'm definitely looking forward to picking this up.

NickGuy
03-10-2009, 02:14 PM
IDW is so awesome.