PDA

View Full Version : New Avengers #50

Troy Wall
02-26-2009, 12:09 AM
Dude, that sucked. I'm a big fan and I had to push myself to finish this book.

BUT, I did come away reminded that David Aja is the greatest artist to ever draw Iron Fist. Having Tan's Danny Rand right there to compare with Aja's--did anyone else realize that Aja never draws Iron Fist with that ridiculous, gigantic collar? Looks so much better without that. I could go on and on how Aja's Iron Fist rocks on so many levels...and all it took to jog my memory on this was his single page in the book. :laugh:

That was cool how the guest artists illustrated pages featuring the character they've become known for kicking ass on.

But the story...yaaaaaargh! When the Hood came in with his cadre of badly dressed D-level cronies I was like 'REPEAT!! CHANGE THE CHANNEL!'

onizuka43
02-26-2009, 02:10 PM
I thought the story was all right, I would have liked them to do something different then another big super villian fight in an empty building. That is all new avengers have been since the new new avengers storyline.

As for the guest art, it was great I liked them all except the greg horn 3-d ms. marvel page. Also yes Aja's Iron Fist is awesome without the collar and open shirt.

HaphazardJoy
02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, the issue was alright, but no thanks to the 3d by way of airbrush art.

Moonrider
02-27-2009, 12:19 AM
Captain America was checking out Ms. Marvel ass for three panels. That crack me up. Billy Tan must have the easiest drawing job this month.

Ian Ascher
02-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Best issue ever????

Not by a long shot but I didn't mind it either. With Dark Avengers just getting started you had to know this was just round one.

I'll take it in stride and wait for the new story arc w/ Dr Strange.

J. Alexopoulos
03-05-2009, 03:31 PM
Captain America was checking out Ms. Marvel ass for three panels. That crack me up. Billy Tan must have the easiest drawing job this month.
Did you see how they set up Mockingbird behind her? I thought there was some inappropriate penetration going on.

And Aja's Fist is awesome.