PDA

View Full Version : Banner killing himself

Wayne Drake
02-18-2009, 02:01 AM
That extra in Incredible Hulk's dvd still has me thinking. Banner was gonna kill himself, but Hulk kicked in.

I haven't read enough Hulk comics, but has he tried that before? Heard it was in Azzarello's "BANNER" comic, gotta find it sometime.

Also curious as to whether there'd be some kind of failsafe; like if Banner did shoot himself in the head, would Hulk emerge and heal from it? Or would that be too late?

Aidy
02-18-2009, 05:58 AM
That extra in Incredible Hulk's dvd still has me thinking. Banner was gonna kill himself, but Hulk kicked in.

I haven't read enough Hulk comics, but has he tried that before? Heard it was in Azzarello's "BANNER" comic, gotta find it sometime.

Also curious as to whether there'd be some kind of failsafe; like if Banner did shoot himself in the head, would Hulk emerge and heal from it? Or would that be too late?

Its because of this Suicide-Defence that the big cheese's of the Marvel Universe shot the green goliath into space for his Planet Hulk tour and didnt just give Banner a desert eagle a stack of bullets and said "put this to your head and give it a little click."

Mike225
02-18-2009, 06:20 AM
After Betty died, he tried to inject himself with something. He transformed to Hulk before he could and the needle broke. There's something about tying himself to an anchor or something and transforming to break the chain.

The bullet would never penetrate if Banner shot himself.

Biofungus
02-18-2009, 06:44 AM
In Hulk: The End, Banner actually did "die", but Hulk came out and became the dominant, and only, personality left in that 'body' (iow, he could no longer revert back to Banner, because there was no more Banner).

Aidy
02-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Stupid Hulk

Mark Bertolini
02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
In Azzarello's "Banner", Bruce tried to shoot himself, but changed into the Hulk in that split second and caught the bullet in his teeth.

At the end of the series, Doc Samson pumped poison gas into a small chamber where Banner was (can't remember exactly what the gas was), and it showed Banner's heart slowing, then stopping.....then the Hulk's heartbeat kicked in.

Mark Bertolini
02-19-2009, 01:04 PM
Stupid Hulk

Wait, that's actually what I meant.