PDA

View Full Version : Give three the Ax

Ian Ascher
02-11-2009, 07:01 PM
For those of you that buy a good deal of books on a regular basis, I'm curious as to what three books from your pull list/subscription you would ax if it comes down to it.

Trinity: Its a good idea and a good concept but I just can't seem to get into it. Kurt Busiek is good but it just seems like a lot of filler and the story is a little to chaotic.

JSA: I started getting this because of the JLA crossover. Stayed with it for the Kingdom Come sequel. While the ending to that story was nice, with the Alex Ross paided art to show how Superman survives to see the birth of the LoSH on his world, the rest is just standard, typical, comic book fare with a cast so large it gets in its own way.

Batman: I know this book is taking a break but I don't think I'll be getting it when it returns, nor will I be buying Battle for the Cowl. Grant Morrison started strong on this title with Andy Kubert. Of course, Andy only lasted four or five issues and Grant got bogged down in editorial decesions which led to an anti-climactic ending for his run.

I personally find it interesting that all three books are DC titles since I've always had an affinity for DC over Marvel. Still, Im sure there will be a time in the near future where a few Marvel books may feel my ax as well.

Anyone else....?

Toyandgadgetguy
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
What % of your buy is Marvel and what's DC? (I've had the same DC affinity, too... and as it's the majority of what I buy... it'd stand to reason that my 3 axed titles stand a better chance of being DC than Marvel, just because of the amount of DC I buy)

HaphazardJoy
02-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I really should cut back, and will a little now that Final Crisis is over. From DC I'll still be following Batman's main titles, primarily Battle For The Cowl, then we'll see.
From Marvel, I'm tempted to read all this Dark Reign stuff, but I'm just gonna give the main books a try and then only stick to the ones I like... probably Dark and New Avengers and maybe Thunderbolts. Then I have all the X-men stuff, which is my core books. Iron Fist. Eternals. Thor. Ghost Rider. Captain Britain & M:13.
Buffy Season Eight.
Misc stuff that catches my eye.

Most likely I'll be dropping Ghost Rider after this arc, so that's easy.
Mighty Avengers will likely get the axe too.
and then Eternals is losing my interest too.

Ian Ascher
02-11-2009, 10:52 PM
What % of your buy is Marvel and what's DC? (I've had the same DC affinity, too... and as it's the majority of what I buy... it'd stand to reason that my 3 axed titles stand a better chance of being DC than Marvel, just because of the amount of DC I buy)

After I cut the three titles listed above, I buy about an even number of DC and Marvel books a month. Anywhere from 10 to 14 from each company and about four or five books from everyone else (Dark Horse, Image, BOOM! and so on).

It seems as if Im always dropping and adding titles to my list on a monthly basis.

Aidy
02-13-2009, 08:26 AM
what would I drop? Well if Superman leaves Action Comcis as planned...thats one.
I've already done a fair bit of cropping as of late with Blue Beetle being dropped not long after Keith Giffen left. Maybe Teen Titans but only becasue I'm emberresed by buying if for some reason and find myself justifying it too myself. Pretty much everything is up too be dropped if the writer and artist dont do anything for me.