PDA

View Full Version : A Marvel world were Axis won WW2

LWhitehead
02-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Hi I was reading in Captian America series 4 the storyline Cap Lives that features the fact that the Axis powers won WW2, and Captain America woke up in 1964 that's under the control of the Nazis.

Now what I want to do is create in alter version of Marvel Earth were Nazis won WW2 and it's the Silver Age, unlike Bullet Points series this idea will not be limited.

Is a good idea?, also I plan some original twists on the standard marvel characters but this world doesn't have Captain America.

LW

Mark Bertolini
02-07-2009, 07:03 PM
I understand your enthusiasm, but let me ask you this: do you have a connection at Marvel? If not, then you should stop trying to create stories with their characters and write your own. Marvel doesn't accept unsolicited submissions, so unless someone there specifically asks you to send a story, they won't read it, regardless of how good it might be.

Why not take that story and put your own characters in?

LWhitehead
02-14-2009, 06:33 PM
I thought they have that Icon imprint of there, a indepent owned comic group.

I do have some idea for original supehero comics as well,

LW

DemolitionSamurai
02-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Icon is more for established creators to be published by Marvel while keeping the rights to their creations (I think). I don't think you'll see any Marvel characters printed under the Icon label.

kdmelrose
02-14-2009, 07:51 PM
"Disturbing but eye-opening fact: No writer or artist has been hired through a cold submission mailed into Marvel in recent memory."

-- C.B. Cebulski, Feb. 14, 2009