PDA

View Full Version : Mighty Avengers #21

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 11:35 AM
WOW! WOW! WOW!

I haven't been this excited about a comic in over 5 years.

The art was well done, the dialogue was spot on, characters from other books (Amadeus Cho in Incredible Hercules, Norman Osborn in Dark Avengers, Peter Parker and Clint Barton in New Avengers and Vision and Cassie Lang from the Young Avengers) were handled SPOT ON PERFECT.

And I must say...THE BEST HANDLING OF HANK PYM IN 10 YEARS!

THIS is how he is supposed to be written...this is how AVENGERS is supposed to be.

Deadfish07
01-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Wasn't Hank Pym technically a Skrull for the past ten years?

NickGuy
01-23-2009, 01:59 PM
The art was well done, the dialogue was spot on, characters from other books (Amadeus Cho in Incredible Hercules, Norman Osborn in Dark Avengers, Peter Parker and Clint Barton in New Avengers and Vision and Cassie Lang from the Young Avengers) were handled SPOT ON PERFECT.

you mean spot on from the way the other writers wrote them? because i couldnt stand the spidey and clints stupid ass wisecracks bendis wrote from new avengers.

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 02:14 PM
you mean spot on from the way the other writers wrote them? because i couldnt stand the spidey and clints stupid ass wisecracks bendis wrote from new avengers.

Spot on in how they're supposed to be written, despite 1 or 2 writers' annoying idiosyncracies...and actually Slott acknowledges other continuity, which is like extra spicy brown mustard on a really good Italian sub.

:har:

NickGuy
01-23-2009, 02:16 PM
so they dont know that peter is spiderman? or do they?

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 02:17 PM
so they dont know that peter is spiderman? or do they?

They were in action...don't remember if they called him Parker or not.

Need to go back and re-read.

And wow, I wished Marvel didn't decide to wait on Heinberg returning to do Young Avengers. If he just gave it to Slott and he wrote that book and he & Gage co-wrote A:TI, it would've been good times my friend.

Biofungus
01-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Spot on in how they're supposed to be written, despite 1 or 2 writers' annoying idiosyncracies...and actually Slott acknowledges other continuity, which is like extra spicy brown mustard on a really good Italian sub.

If you asked for mustard in italy, you'd be the next thing served on a sub ;)

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 05:38 PM
If you asked for mustard in italy, you'd be the next thing served on a sub ;)

Um...ok...how about a nice vinagrette??

Phatman
01-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Khoi's art looks great on this---will pick it up this week.

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 05:53 PM
Khoi's art looks great on this---will pick it up this week.

I know man...he definitely is channeling Coipel with how he renders Wanda. My fav rendition is George Perez's gypsy look, but I liked how Coipel just added a hood to the classic, yet it made the classic look 100 times better.

And I like how he renders Young Avengers Vision.

Biofungus
01-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Um...ok...how about a nice vinagrette??
Oil and oregano :)

robbdaman
01-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Yeah, it's nice to see a real writer like Slott write some good Avengers stories.

onizuka43
01-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Yeah it would be real nice if this book could just stay in it's own little corner of the marvel universe and not get messed up with all the event books going on.

Eugene Selassie
01-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah it would be real nice if this book could just stay in it's own little corner of the marvel universe and not get messed up with all the event books going on.

I've already heard pissing and moaning about the book because it doesn't feel cool enough.

Someone at my LCS actually said that.

LOL

onizuka43
01-25-2009, 03:55 PM
Not cool enough? Right now it has so much potential to be such a great and dynamic comic with all the personalities going on in it. That and one issue into it the feel of the comic isn't set yet, people need to at least read three most times before they can really make a judgment call.

Grimboy
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM

Amen Brother! His plotlines are good but his dialogue is horrible.

Ian Ascher
01-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I was really diappointed at this issue but I'll stick with it to see where it goes from here.

My main reason: What's the point of the Mighty Avengers? Dark Avengers is the government sanctioned team now. New Avengers is the team out to expose Osborn and stop te madness.

Will this just be a team that wants to call itself the Avengers for no other reason than Tradition?

robbdaman
01-27-2009, 04:42 PM
That's a rhetorical question right Ian? I mean the more Avengers books Marvel prints the more money they make, pure and simple.

R~

the_beast
01-27-2009, 04:45 PM
That's a rhetorical question right Ian? I mean the more Avengers books Marvel prints the more money they make, pure and simple.

R~

They Perfected The Formula Using The X-Men

HaphazardJoy
01-27-2009, 09:20 PM
Blech, I just read it and... just... blech!
Quicksilver has just gotten sillier and sillier lately, and now?! Jeez.

This whole thing reads like it should be a non-canon miniseries.

I understand some of you are into real classic adventures, but this reads more old-timey than classic to me.

Eugene Selassie
01-28-2009, 10:42 AM
I loved it...but I pretty much assumed anyone who JUST started reading Avengers with Bendis' run wouldn't like Mighty.

HaphazardJoy
01-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Yeah, cute dig there, and given I'm not a huge Avengers fan in general, but I don't see how crappy writing gets any better by being a fan. The pacing sucked, the story concept makes me think of the 80's, and the dialogue was packed with explanatory non-sense... almost like it was for someone who hadn't read the Avengers SINCE the 80's and hadn't read anything that's happened in the past decade. Some of it is a necessity given the scenes, like introducing Cho over and over, but blah.

That being said, this issue and the apparent foe they'll be facing aside, I do like the characters that make up the team. I like Jocasta being kept close, especially after that recent scene (which book was it in?) where she acted as Janet to console Hank, now that was a good scene.

Eugene Selassie
01-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Yeah, cute dig there, and given I'm not a huge Avengers fan in general, but I don't see how crappy writing gets any better by being a fan. The pacing sucked, the story concept makes me think of the 80's, and the dialogue was packed with explanatory non-sense... almost like it was for someone who hadn't read the Avengers SINCE the 80's and hadn't read anything that's happened in the past decade. Some of it is a necessity given the scenes, like introducing Cho over and over, but blah.

That being said, this issue and the apparent foe they'll be facing aside, I do like the characters that make up the team. I like Jocasta being kept close, especially after that recent scene (which book was it in?) where she acted as Janet to console Hank, now that was a good scene.

I didn't know Herc was hip to the term "Man up!". That and the weird Jocasta pose on the cover were my only gripes.

quantum1019
01-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I just read it and I loved it. I like Slott's work and I think (being very cautious to not get too optimistic) that we might finally have a real Avengers team back!

New Avengers is OK, but it's not really an Avengers title. It's much closer in style and concept to the Defenders.

This however, if Slott keeps it up, might be the return of Marvel's great team book.

dx
01-30-2009, 04:17 AM
Marvel actually got me to pick up an Avengers book, with New Avengers and then the Tony Stark Avengers. But now, they managed to get me to stop buying any avengers book. The art has diminished and the writing has gone south during the Secret Invasion.

Dc and Marvel have done wonders for my checkbook with their major cross-overs turning me away from titles I usually picked up.

I get tired of the avengers changing every 12 issues or so. make a team and keep it for a while....see what happens. Xmen went down hill when they changed the teams every 10 issues or so, then they kept a core team togther for a couple years...sales went back up...and now I don't know what book I am reading half the time any more.

WSmith
01-30-2009, 06:43 AM

I would actually read Marvel and DC again if they would stop trying to one-up each other's events. There has always been a place for the "let's all team up and kick some butt" storylines, but it seems to me that it is being done this way more often than not, and it really drags my interest on all the books.

ronin7
01-30-2009, 09:56 AM
I give Mighty Avengers six issues before its canceled because Bendis isn't writing it. :)

Eugene Selassie
01-30-2009, 12:49 PM
I give Mighty Avengers six issues before its canceled because Bendis isn't writing it. :)

Ye of little faith.

Aidy
01-30-2009, 12:57 PM
I just read it and I loved it. I like Slott's work and I think (being very cautious to not get too optimistic) that we might finally have a real Avengers team back!

New Avengers is OK, but it's not really an Avengers title. It's much closer in style and concept to the Defenders.

This however, if Slott keeps it up, might be the return of Marvel's great team book.

What crack are you on that makes you think New Avengers is like the Defenders?
And can you clarify that by "real" avengers you mean "shit"? Let me get my mind around this Jocosta = Real Avengers? But Captain America = Defenders? Let me take a hit on that glass pipe when you're done 'kay?

Eugene Selassie
01-30-2009, 01:17 PM
And can you clarify that by "real" avengers you mean "shit"? Let me get my mind around this Jocosta = Real Avengers? But Captain America = Defenders? Let me take a hit on that glass pipe when you're done 'kay?

Jocasta has more lineage and story bound reasoning to be included in an Avengers roster than a writer's PETS (Luke Cage, Echo, Jessica Jones...)

Aidy
01-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Jocasta has more lineage and story bound reasoning to be included in an Avengers roster than a writer's PETS (Luke Cage, Echo, Jessica Jones...)

I love you man, I really do. Get over the past Marge...you're living in the past.

Eugene Selassie
01-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I love you man, I really do. Get over the past Marge...you're living in the past.

How about you stop being a Joe Q zombie and actually read a comic from before his editorial reign.

Aidy
01-30-2009, 01:28 PM
How about you stop being a Joe Q zombie and actually read a comic from before his editorial reign.

Dont assume boy..., I was reading comics when you where sucking on your momma's tit back at woodstock. I've read a lot of Marvel from before Joe Q, and I'm not a big fan of his editorial talents. So keep your insults to yourself.

Eugene Selassie
01-30-2009, 02:52 PM
Dont assume boy..., I was reading comics when you where sucking on your momma's tit back at woodstock. I've read a lot of Marvel from before Joe Q, and I'm not a big fan of his editorial talents. So keep your insults to yourself.

1. Not an insult, just an observation from your multitude of posts.

2. If an incorrect observation, then my mistake.

quantum1019
01-30-2009, 09:09 PM

The "real" Avengers don't hide in the shadows of Dr. Strange's house. The real Avengers, functioning properly, are the heroes who are in the public's eye, Marvel's counterpart to the JLA. The Defenders were a more secretive team, a collection of semi-outcasts, less an official or public presence. That's more along the lines of what the New Avengers have been, especially since the Civil War thing.

And I certainly wouldn't classify a concept that was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and added to by Roy Thomas, Roger Stern, John Buscema, John Byrne, David Michelinie, Kurt Busiek, and too many others to recall off the top of my head, "shit."

Also, at the moment, that's not Captain America in the New Avengers. It's Bucky in a Cap suit. Nothing against Bucky, as I'm really enjoying Brubaker's work on Cap, but it's not Steve Rogers.

robbdaman
01-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Dude, Bucky will never be Steve Rogers, it's just fact.

R~

kdmelrose
01-30-2009, 09:53 PM
Also fact: Bucky will never be Janet Van Dyne.

Eugene Selassie
01-31-2009, 02:41 AM

Aidy...once again, you claim mine to be the lone voice in this...

Eugene Selassie
02-01-2009, 06:15 PM

LMFAO!!!

Mike225
02-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Did you just get it? :confused:

kdmelrose
02-01-2009, 07:58 PM
It was on a timer.

Mike225
02-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Nice, like the five point death punch.

robbdaman
02-01-2009, 09:15 PM

Perhaps not although if he got a sex change he might look a lot like her. :laugh:

R~

Aidy
02-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Dude, Bucky will never be Steve Rogers, it's just fact.

R~

He doesnt have to be Steve Rodgers. He just has to be Captain America.

Aidy
02-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Aidy...once again, you claim mine to be the lone voice in this...

You're just the only guy I listen to. Hell, you're the reason I'm here...

Aidy
02-02-2009, 08:29 AM
The "real" Avengers don't hide in the shadows of Dr. Strange's house. The real Avengers, functioning properly, are the heroes who are in the public's eye, Marvel's counterpart to the JLA. The Defenders were a more secretive team, a collection of semi-outcasts, less an official or public presence. That's more along the lines of what the New Avengers have been, especially since the Civil War thing.

And I certainly wouldn't classify a concept that was created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and added to by Roy Thomas, Roger Stern, John Buscema, John Byrne, David Michelinie, Kurt Busiek, and too many others to recall off the top of my head, "shit."

Also, at the moment, that's not Captain America in the New Avengers. It's Bucky in a Cap suit. Nothing against Bucky, as I'm really enjoying Brubaker's work on Cap, but it's not Steve Rogers.

the "real" avengers are fictional so they can do whatever they want....

quantum1019
02-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that the Avengers are fictional. I also happen to like some consistency in the storytelling that I read. When a writer wants to do something different, he needs to use a different set of characters, or a different title, not take a concept that has existed in one form for decades and suddenly deviate almost entirely from that concept. I don't want to read about a Spider-Man who acts like Batman or a Captain America who acts like the Punisher. The term "Real" Avengers means the standard concept and style that has pretty much been established and adhered to by dozens of writers since the early sixties...until Bendis.

If other people like it, that's great, but it's not what I want when I buy a so-called Avengers issue. From the one issue of seen so far of Dan Slott's take on the idea, he's much more in line with what the Avengers have been about for the vast majority of their history.

NickGuy
02-02-2009, 05:42 PM
so do they know spidey is peter? or did OMD fix that?

Eugene Selassie
02-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I'm perfectly aware of the fact that the Avengers are fictional. I also happen to like some consistency in the storytelling that I read. When a writer wants to do something different, he needs to use a different set of characters, or a different title, not take a concept that has existed in one form for decades and suddenly deviate almost entirely from that concept. I don't want to read about a Spider-Man who acts like Batman or a Captain America who acts like the Punisher. The term "Real" Avengers means the standard concept and style that has pretty much been established and adhered to by dozens of writers since the early sixties...until Bendis.

If other people like it, that's great, but it's not what I want when I buy a so-called Avengers issue. From the one issue of seen so far of Dan Slott's take on the idea, he's much more in line with what the Avengers have been about for the vast majority of their history.

THAT'S what I've said dozens of times, but thank you for reiterating.

I'm going to pitch an X-men team with Cyclops, Wolverine and 8 or 9 non-mutants. We'll see how that sits with X-men fans.

Raven
02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
You want to know what is wrong with Bendis's writing?

Check out the wikipedia entry of Jessica Jones.

He has her an Avenger, a friend of Daredevil, Luke Cage's girlfriend, trained in mental defense by Jean Grey, etc. .

It reads like fan fiction.

Rob Norton
02-02-2009, 10:54 PM
THAT'S what I've said dozens of times, but thank you for reiterating.

I'm going to pitch an X-men team with Cyclops, Wolverine and 8 or 9 non-mutants. We'll see how that sits with X-men fans.

if its a good and interesting story.. i will read it. wow. thats weird, isnt it?

so your theroy is meaningless and pointless. isnt that what you are constantly bitching about? they need "good stories"? i dont really care whos in it as much as if im entertained.

robbdaman
02-02-2009, 11:15 PM
Actually I'd pitch a X-Men book that doesn't have Wolverine, it'd never sell of course but I think that he's in every book is ridiculous. There must be a half dozen clones of him running around.

R~

PC812
02-03-2009, 12:02 AM
This was a great first issue. It's nice to have an actual Avengers book again. I enjoy Bendis' writing on Ultimate Spider-Man and his crime work, but he can't handle big-league superheroics.

I liked New Avengers and Dark Avengers a lot better when they were called Marvel Knights and Thunderbolts.

Raven
02-03-2009, 09:06 AM
if its a good and interesting story.. i will read it. wow. thats weird, isnt it?

so your theroy is meaningless and pointless. isnt that what you are constantly bitching about? they need "good stories"? i dont really care whos in it as much as if im entertained.

Jane Austen is a good read.
Maybe slap "New Jane Austen" on the cover and have it feature Black Cat and Tigra. Cause the story is good, who cares if the title and characters used don't make any sense?

Moonrider
02-03-2009, 09:43 AM
Jane Austen is not a book title.

Eugene Selassie
02-03-2009, 11:08 AM
Jane Austen is a good read.
Maybe slap "New Jane Austen" on the cover and have it feature Black Cat and Tigra. Cause the story is good, who cares if the title and characters used don't make any sense?

Bro, Rob seems as if he'll never "get" it.

You're wasting your breath.

Raven
02-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Jane Austen is not a book title.

Yeah are correct. I was thinking of Jane Eyre by Bronte. .

What a fucking stupid mistake to make. Too early to be posting I guess. . .

Rob Norton
02-03-2009, 12:45 PM
Bro, Rob seems as if he'll never "get" it.

You're wasting your breath.

right...right. you get it. i dont. there cant ever be any other thoughts on the matter. YOU "get" it. you have some deeper better insight.
you and sanderson. you two should get together and have the ultimate "hoiler than thou comic love child" who will deliver us all from comics that are no good, even if we dont know for ourselves whats good for us. SAVE US!!! please...oh please. cuase some of us just dont know better.

Phatman
02-03-2009, 01:26 PM
right...right. you get it. i dont. there cant ever be any other thoughts on the matter. YOU "get" it. you have some deeper better insight.
you and sanderson. you two should get together and have the ultimate "hoiler than thou comic love child" who will deliver us all from comics that are no good, even if we dont know for ourselves whats good for us. SAVE US!!! please...oh please. cuase some of us just dont know better.

:laugh: :laugh:

Eugene Selassie
02-03-2009, 01:51 PM
That was pretty funny.

:banana:

But seriously...New Avengers is like going to a restaurant, ordering lobster and getting a steak dinner. Not a HORRIBLE meal, but not what you ordered.

kdmelrose
02-03-2009, 02:14 PM
By the 40th or so visit shouldn't you know not to order the lobster?

Eugene Selassie
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
By the 40th or so visit shouldn't you know not to order the lobster?

Then I have NUMEROUS friends and people that attend that restaurant that keep stressing, with great fervor, that I'm missing out and need to try it, "IT'S THE TOP SELLING FOOD ITEM, SO IT MUST BE GOOD". They brought me back 6 times. I left promptly each time.

kdmelrose
02-03-2009, 02:40 PM
You have only yourself to blame.

Eugene Selassie
02-03-2009, 02:48 PM
You are correct, but I shouldn't be happy about the fact that I couldn't find lobster for nearly four years.

Luckily, I found a bistro, run by a chef named Dan Slott.

Best lobster I've had in almost half a decade.

Buckyrig
02-03-2009, 03:23 PM
Then I have NUMEROUS friends and people that attend that restaurant that keep stressing, with great fervor, that I'm missing out and need to try it, "IT'S THE TOP SELLING FOOD ITEM, SO IT MUST BE GOOD". They brought me back 6 times. I left promptly each time.

Wonderbread is the top selling bread. It is also quite possibly, the shittiest bread ever foisted upon mankind. :yuk:

Eugene Selassie
02-03-2009, 03:52 PM
Wonderbread is the top selling bread. It is also quite possibly, the shittiest bread ever foisted upon mankind. :yuk:

I know...I know. Any other time, I wouldn't have been duped into it, but its the Avengers...the book that I grew up with.

Imboden
02-03-2009, 07:08 PM
Dude - how awesome is it now that Norman Osborne has frickin' ARMOR?!?

Phatman
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM

Didn't he have armor in the first Spiderman movie?

Mike225
02-03-2009, 08:58 PM
Then I have NUMEROUS friends and people that attend that restaurant that keep stressing, with great fervor, that I'm missing out and need to try it, "IT'S THE TOP SELLING FOOD ITEM, SO IT MUST BE GOOD". They brought me back 6 times. I left promptly each time.Wow, this analogy reeks.

Buckyrig
02-03-2009, 09:00 PM
Wow, this analogy reeks.

No, you just forgot to change your underwear again.

Eugene Selassie
02-03-2009, 10:24 PM
No, you just forgot to change your underwear again.

LMFAO!

Dammit Bucky. You just made me spit cranberry juice everywhere.

And if ANY smart ass brings up that line from The Departed... :slap:

Raven
02-04-2009, 11:12 AM

Tons of armor. A whole vault. Tony forgot it I guess.

Armor Wars 2??

Even though nobody is supposed to be able to use it without clearance.

Eugene Selassie
02-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Tons of armor. A whole vault. Tony forgot it I guess.

Armor Wars 2??

Even though nobody is supposed to be able to use it without clearance.

Armor Wars 3 I'm thinking, since they already did a part 2.

Mike225
02-04-2009, 12:45 PM
LMFAO!

Dammit Bucky. You just made me spit cranberry juice everywhere.

And if ANY smart ass brings up that line from The Departed... :slap:http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/jobberstable/298490033_322325ad3e_o.jpg

Eugene Selassie
02-04-2009, 01:42 PM
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m137/jobberstable/298490033_322325ad3e_o.jpg

I don't know whether to scold you, or buy you a beer for that one.

Eugene Selassie
02-04-2009, 05:04 PM
This was a great first issue. It's nice to have an actual Avengers book again. I enjoy Bendis' writing on Ultimate Spider-Man and his crime work, but he can't handle big-league superheroics.

I liked New Avengers and Dark Avengers a lot better when they were called Marvel Knights and Thunderbolts.

And I think that just about sums it all up.

Eugene Selassie
02-13-2009, 01:07 PM
Anyone know if issue 22 is out next week?

HaphazardJoy
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
It did, and I gave it a shot with similar results. Reverting Hulk to classic form with no explanation and letting him be beat by Ironman, uhhh interesting.

Moonrider
02-25-2009, 10:37 PM
At least The Hulk is not written as a complete retard as in his own series. Overall, it hasn't give the 'feel' of an Avengers book yet. So far it's still 'randomly gathered superheroes fighting some classic villain' type of thing. Jocasta is fine though seem useless, I'm not liking USAgent on the team.

Ian Ascher
02-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Just read the newest issue and I hate to say it, but Mighty Avengers was just moved to my short list of books to cut.

Ive enjoyed Dan's writing in the past but something is missing here. There's a dynamic that isnt clicking on this book.

I'm all for a line up of "classic" Avengers but just because they're classic Avengers doesn't make them a good team or a good book. The mish-mash of characters here seems just as odd and awekward as others felt about Luke Cage and Spider-man on the same team. Example: I find it odd Wanda goes to Cap (Bucky) and says he wont do as a team member then goes to US Agent and he's a-ok to throw into the mix. That's just a poor excuse to cover an editoral decesion.

Khoi's pencils don't help either. Kohi is a great guy and he's been part of these boards a long time but they just seem dull... bland... they just don't seem to fit this type of book. I've seen some straight pencils from his first issue in a preview book and they looked good. It may very well be the inker and/or colorist.

I'll give this book the chance I feel it deserves but if it doesn't pick up the pace, it may get the ax on my list (along with JLA... a book Ive bought for YEARS as well) very soon.

Mike225
02-28-2009, 05:39 PM
Example: I find it odd Wanda goes to Cap (Bucky) and says he wont do as a team member then goes to US Agent and he's a-ok to throw into the mix. That's just a poor excuse to cover an editoral decesion. He was dying right as she was saying that, if I understood the panel correctly. He had roots growing into or out of his eyes. Seems like a pretty good reason to not pick someone for your team, being dead.

Rob Norton
02-28-2009, 06:11 PM
Just read the newest issue and I hate to say it, but Mighty Avengers was just moved to my short list of books to cut.

Ive enjoyed Dan's writing in the past but something is missing here. There's a dynamic that isnt clicking on this book.

I'm all for a line up of "classic" Avengers but just because they're classic Avengers doesn't make them a good team or a good book. The mish-mash of characters here seems just as odd and awekward as others felt about Luke Cage and Spider-man on the same team. Example: I find it odd Wanda goes to Cap (Bucky) and says he wont do as a team member then goes to US Agent and he's a-ok to throw into the mix. That's just a poor excuse to cover an editoral decesion.

Khoi's pencils don't help either. Kohi is a great guy and he's been part of these boards a long time but they just seem dull... bland... they just don't seem to fit this type of book. I've seen some straight pencils from his first issue in a preview book and they looked good. It may very well be the inker and/or colorist.

I'll give this book the chance I feel it deserves but if it doesn't pick up the pace, it may get the ax on my list (along with JLA... a book Ive bought for YEARS as well) very soon.

gah.. i have to agree. these last two issues are just, weird. and boring. to ME. i found very little to be interested in. and i was just ..lost. i picked up and tried to read the most recent issue like, 5 times over the past 3 days and i just couldnt get into it.

and i agree that khoi's art isnt working well for me. this issue looked rough in places. they would do so much better if they just let him ink his own work, so he could maybe keep it a bit rougher like the sketches he posts online here. the art would have so much more energy and life. if the next issue follows the same path at these first two. im going to be done with it. bendis dark avengers was much more interesting to me, what with doom getting his butt kicked via a long building story with morgana, and when sentry ripped he head off... man that was cool.

oh well.

rob

Ian Ascher
03-01-2009, 06:43 AM
He was dying right as she was saying that, if I understood the panel correctly. He had roots growing into or out of his eyes. Seems like a pretty good reason to not pick someone for your team, being dead.

Ahhhhhh.... you're right... I'll give you that.... I remembered Wolverine being like that but not Cap. Clint was the only one not incapacitated at that time and she ignored him as if he wasn't even there.