PDA

View Full Version : Black Lanterns

Mwynn
01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
According to the Darkest Night 4 character set the first Black Lantern will be Earth-2 Superman.

BIGROD
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
According to the Darkest Night 4 character set the first Black Lantern will be Earth-2 Superman.

Ok, stop, go back, take a deep breath and rewrite this sentence so it makes sense. ;)

Mwynn
01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
DC Direct is proud to produce action figures for THE event of the summer - the beginning of the highly-anticipated "Blackest Night" storyline! Included in this series are Earth-2 Superman, the first member of the lifeless, emotionless Black Lanterns to be revealed; Boodikka, the veteran corpsman who was among the first to become a member of the Green Lantern Corps' own policing unit, the Alpha Lanterns; Saint Walker, the first member of the Blue Lantern Corps, which champions hope in the universe; and Atrocitus, Abin Sur's killer and the first to utilize the power of blood and rage to become a member of the Red Lantern Corps, which is out to destroy both the Sinestro and Green Lantern Corps! All four figures feature multiple points of articulation and include a display base. The Saint Walker and Atrocitus figures include lantern accessories, and the Boodikka figure comes with a removeable face plate. 4-color clamshell blister card packaging. FEB09

Aidy
01-20-2009, 04:45 AM
how many Supermans does one universe need?

the_beast
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
I Think We Will See A Bunch Of Heroes And Villians Who Are Dead Being Used As Black Lanterns.... It's A Corps Of Corpses

Eugene Selassie
01-20-2009, 03:57 PM

As many as the fans will pay money for.

As much as I'm loathe to admit it, this isn't DC's fault.

JUST LOOK at the number of books that were cancelled in the past year...GREAT, critically acclaimed titles, that didn't meet sales numbers.

I know many readers like this. They pretty much state "If it doesn't have Superman, Batman or the JLA in it, I won't even give it a chance".

Makes me sick to my stomach.

the_beast
01-20-2009, 04:44 PM
I Read 52 And Countdown

I'm Not Reading Trinity Just Because It Features Superman, Batman And Wonder Woman .... I don't Think Those Three Need A Weekly Book

Biofungus
01-20-2009, 05:00 PM
I believe the official number is "83", so hold onto your britches, because they still have a ways to go!

Paul Sanderson
01-20-2009, 11:16 PM

JUST LOOK at the number of books that were cancelled in the past year...GREAT, critically acclaimed titles, that didn't meet sales numbers.

I know many readers like this. They pretty much state "If it doesn't have Superman, Batman or the JLA in it, I won't even give it a chance".

Some of those cancelled titles, despite what you may think, weren't very good.

Aidy
01-21-2009, 04:47 AM

I've got to agree with Frank on this one Eugene (sorry). Constantly bad mouthing DC readers who wont buy outside the big three just cos you know a few? So what if they wont give Firestorm a chance, I did and then I dropped it after the story arc had concluded. I just couldnt justify to myself splurging on another character that I didnt really care about. With Blue Beetle I bought it until Keith Giffen left. But I also buy Teen Titans every month and Booster Gold and Green Arrow. But hardly ever, ever Batman. I do get Action Comics for my Superman fix...but - yes, this will "make you sick to your stomach" - I'll be dropping that when he buggers off into Space.
You cant give people grief for not loving particular characters or for not buying stuff to keep it being published.
Personally I buy stuff by writers I like and if and when a writer leaves a comic I'll buy a couple of issues to see if the new writer keeps the story moving forward in a good way or adds to the previous writers stories....let me give you an example...Brad Metzger's JLA, started good, then went rapidly down hill with all his focus being on Geo-Force, Vixen and his idiotic changing of Arsenal to Red Arrow. His final JLA swansong was the massively underwelming story of the final night in the lives if the JLA characters...A terrible story that didnt deserve the press it got in Wizard. Where is Geo-Force now? Seems like no other writer had the hard on for him that Brad did? Would you buy an on-going series featuring Geo-Force? If so good luck to you ...I wouldnt. But now we have Dwayne McDufie...as he forces me to learn about his Milestone characters from a decade ago...and the Terrible Anasi story I've just had to read through...Who, honestly gets the JLA to read Vixen stories? If I was the writer she'd be out of that team faster than you could say "replaced by Fire and Ice"
Marvel - wrongly or rightly - place the Avengers in the middle of their big events with issues tied into the event. DC have Final Crisis going on and yet the JLA seem to be fine(ish) battling the Anasi Spider and the Milestone universe.

HaphazardJoy
01-21-2009, 04:55 AM
Ok, stop, go back, take a deep breath and rewrite this sentence so it makes sense. ;)

Made perfect sense to me.

Eugene Selassie
01-21-2009, 12:24 PM
I've got to agree with Frank on this one Eugene (sorry). Constantly bad mouthing DC readers who wont buy outside the big three just cos you know a few? So what if they wont give Firestorm a chance, I did and then I dropped it after the story arc had concluded. I just couldnt justify to myself splurging on another character that I didnt really care about. With Blue Beetle I bought it until Keith Giffen left. But I also buy Teen Titans every month and Booster Gold and Green Arrow. But hardly ever, ever Batman. I do get Action Comics for my Superman fix...but - yes, this will "make you sick to your stomach" - I'll be dropping that when he buggers off into Space.
You cant give people grief for not loving particular characters or for not buying stuff to keep it being published.
Personally I buy stuff by writers I like and if and when a writer leaves a comic I'll buy a couple of issues to see if the new writer keeps the story moving forward in a good way or adds to the previous writers stories....let me give you an example...Brad Metzger's JLA, started good, then went rapidly down hill with all his focus being on Geo-Force, Vixen and his idiotic changing of Arsenal to Red Arrow. His final JLA swansong was the massively underwelming story of the final night in the lives if the JLA characters...A terrible story that didnt deserve the press it got in Wizard. Where is Geo-Force now? Seems like no other writer had the hard on for him that Brad did? Would you buy an on-going series featuring Geo-Force? If so good luck to you ...I wouldnt. But now we have Dwayne McDufie...as he forces me to learn about his Milestone characters from a decade ago...and the Terrible Anasi story I've just had to read through...Who, honestly gets the JLA to read Vixen stories? If I was the writer she'd be out of that team faster than you could say "replaced by Fire and Ice"
Marvel - wrongly or rightly - place the Avengers in the middle of their big events with issues tied into the event. DC have Final Crisis going on and yet the JLA seem to be fine(ish) battling the Anasi Spider and the Milestone universe.

Funny thing is, I agree with almost EVERYTHING you said.

I wasn't referring to you...as you clearly stated, YOU GIVE NEW BOOKS A CHANCE. I'm talking about people who only buy whatever the hype machine spins out for Spiderman, X-men, Superman, Batman. I know plenty of these guys, even owners of LCS that won't even open a comic unless it has those characters in it. I see that as ignorant and close-minded. You disagree...subject closed.

And I agree 90% with your assessment of the JLA.
The book NEEDS to have them fighting the biggest of the big villains...I don't agree that Vixen or GeoForce don't deserve screen time.
You CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T have the JLA comic ALWAYS be about the trinity or the big seven...even though most of the time that is how DC is.

Mwynn
01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
The second Black Lantern is Martian Manhunter.

http://i40.tinypic.com/116o1o5.jpg

Biofungus
01-21-2009, 08:58 PM

I wasn't referring to you...as you clearly stated, YOU GIVE NEW BOOKS A CHANCE. I'm talking about people who only buy whatever the hype machine spins out for Spiderman, X-men, Superman, Batman. I know plenty of these guys, even owners of LCS that won't even open a comic unless it has those characters in it. I see that as ignorant and close-minded. You disagree...subject closed.

While I would encourage every LCS owner to experiment a little (book wise), this is just called "Good business". Why should an LCS owner stock his store with books that barely sell, when he's trying to stay in business? You're looking at it with too much of a fanboy perspective and not from a common sense business practicality standpoint.

Lovecraft13
01-22-2009, 01:32 AM
I wonder if Darksied or Batman will become Black Lanterns?

Aidy
01-22-2009, 04:51 AM

And I agree 90% with your assessment of the JLA.
The book NEEDS to have them fighting the biggest of the big villains...I don't agree that Vixen or GeoForce don't deserve screen time.
You CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T have the JLA comic ALWAYS be about the trinity or the big seven...even though most of the time that is how DC is.

I'm not saying it should be the big seven...I mean I hate to jump on the dis Aquaman band wagon...but I will.
I just think there are better characters out there for the character development than Geo-Force and Vixen. Obviously Superman, Wonder Woman and the Batman cant have the emotional changes that say Red Tornado had in the recent comics...but jesus all that shit was boring. I'm not reading comics so a writer can have a wank over his satallite era favourites. But thats not to say if I was the writer I wouldnt push for the JLI era characters. Because I would. And so the circle continues.....

But a total agreement on them fighting big villians. The villians as of late have been lame...and even Amazo was used lamely. Where's the Key when you need him? Or Dr Destiny? Starro doesnt really do much for me as its really just hero V's hero and back in the day that may have been a winning concept. But we know no one will die under his control. I would have liked to see a JLA V's the Secret Seven by Gail Simone.

HaphazardJoy
01-22-2009, 05:50 AM
You're looking at it with too much of a fanboy perspective and not from a common sense business practicality standpoint.

Nuff said.

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 11:55 AM
While I would encourage every LCS owner to experiment a little (book wise), this is just called "Good business". Why should an LCS owner stock his store with books that barely sell, when he's trying to stay in business? You're looking at it with too much of a fanboy perspective and not from a common sense business practicality standpoint.

I'm not looking at anything from a fanboy perspective.

I did not once state for a LCS owner to stock what doesn't sell.

I just asked fans to be a bit more open minded. I don't ask you to keep buying something you don't like, just give one or two of these books a chance.

When Nova #1 came out after Annihilation, I KNEW that character was going to have an uphill battle. Joe Q REALLY doesn't like cosmic stuff at all, and you could tell by the company line of books (2000-2005), despite the fact that books like Silver Surfer and Warlock were solid mid tier sellers in the 80s and 90s.
After Annihilation, my mind was blown and with Nova #1 I went to my local comic shop and bought 40 copies of it. I passed em around, even agreed to let people read my Annihilation books to catch up.

I got at least 17 people to subscribe to Nova from there on out....AND I DON'T EVEN WORK AT THE SHOP!!!

If those guys that WORKED THERE actually TRIED something different, they might in turn influence some customers to try something different.

You asking me to just accept that Marvel and DC shelves at every comic shop should only have Spider Man, X-men, Superman and Batman and I should just have to deal with it is absurd...

OH WAIT, you never said that.
:nyah:

Ian Ascher
01-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Add Martian Manhunter to the Black Lantern List:

http://blog.newsarama.com/2009/01/23/blackest-night-huge-spoilers-from-dc-direct-solicitations/

Paul Sanderson
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM
Yes, it is a fanboy perspective, Eugene. We all react in that fashion from time to time, though.

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
A fanboy perspective? That I said I want there to be comics on Marvel and DC's shelves with more diversity than just Spider Man, X-men, Superman, Batman and JLA????

:yawn:

Whatever.

Biofungus
01-23-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not looking at anything from a fanboy perspective.

I did not once state for a LCS owner to stock what doesn't sell.

I just asked fans to be a bit more open minded. I don't ask you to keep buying something you don't like, just give one or two of these books a chance.

When Nova #1 came out after Annihilation, I KNEW that character was going to have an uphill battle. Joe Q REALLY doesn't like cosmic stuff at all, and you could tell by the company line of books (2000-2005), despite the fact that books like Silver Surfer and Warlock were solid mid tier sellers in the 80s and 90s.
After Annihilation, my mind was blown and with Nova #1 I went to my local comic shop and bought 40 copies of it. I passed em around, even agreed to let people read my Annihilation books to catch up.

I got at least 17 people to subscribe to Nova from there on out....AND I DON'T EVEN WORK AT THE SHOP!!!

If those guys that WORKED THERE actually TRIED something different, they might in turn influence some customers to try something different.

You asking me to just accept that Marvel and DC shelves at every comic shop should only have Spider Man, X-men, Superman and Batman and I should just have to deal with it is absurd...

OH WAIT, you never said that.
You do realize you just confirmed my comment, right?

Imagine if every LCS decided to stock a bunch of extra "uphill" books. Now imagine, for every 40 he stocked, 17 stayed with the books. That means 23 books that he'd have to eat the cost of for each "uphill" book.

Aside from the obviously 'saleable' books, most LCS owners will stock very little untested books, and only order if asked to order a certain title (although with Diamond's minimum requirements, some LCS's won't even do that). There's also a big difference between "trying" a book, and consistently buying one. 1] with prices today, both individual collectors and LCS owners can't afford to regularly "try" a book, and 2] Where do you get off chastising people because they buy what they *like*? So what if they don't like what you do and don't buy the same books and that causes them to get canceled? You don't have to like it, but you have no right to blame consumers for buying what they want to buy.

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 05:31 PM
You do realize you just confirmed my comment, right?

Imagine if every LCS decided to stock a bunch of extra "uphill" books. Now imagine, for every 40 he stocked, 17 stayed with the books. That means 23 books that he'd have to eat the cost of for each "uphill" book.

Aside from the obviously 'saleable' books, most LCS owners will stock very little untested books, and only order if asked to order a certain title (although with Diamond's minimum requirements, some LCS's won't even do that). There's also a big difference between "trying" a book, and consistently buying one. 1] with prices today, both individual collectors and LCS owners can't afford to regularly "try" a book, and 2] Where do you get off chastising people because they buy what they *like*? So what if they don't like what you do and don't buy the same books and that causes them to get canceled? You don't have to like it, but you have no right to blame consumers for buying what they want to buy.

No one is chastising.

I ate the cost of those 40 copies of Nova #1. I TOOK THE RISK.

Yeah, only 17 of those subscribed, but knowing the owner of the shop, its 17 more than he would've had if I hadn't taken the initiative.

If the book with NON Superman, Batman, X-men, Spiderman, JLA characters is well written with great artwork, is praised by fans and critically acclaimed, but is still cancelled due to sales, then it is the fault of US, the fans. NOT MARVEL, NOT DC.

I'm sorry, but in a shared universe of characters numbering in the hundreds or thousands, I think its unfair that its other fans' closed mindedness that causes me to have to read about THE SAME 6 OR 7 CHARACTERS AD NAUSEUM.

I read other stuff from Image, Dark Horse, IDW, etc, but I like the DC and Marvel universes too and think it is rude of you to tell me to just sit back and take it, like I'm the ONLY one that likes those other characters.

Biofungus
01-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Who's making you read them? Nobody is forcing you to read them. But I think it's a bit close minded and unfair of *you* to criticize fans because they're not supporting the books that *you* like.

And you praise your Nova experiment as a positive example, but again I say, what if your LCS owner took the risk? And did so on a few others books too? Just on that Nova ALONE he's already in the red! Deny it all you want, but you are looking at it from a fan's perspective. You're pissed the books you like aren't be supported, you're pissed that your LCS owner isn't "taking chances" (can you honestly blame them with the economy being what it is?). That's not business, that's fanboy-ism (I'm honestly trying not to call you a fan boy, but the only alternative would be 'fanaticism', and I think that's a little more extreme than fan boy ;))

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Who's making you read them? Nobody is forcing you to read them. But I think it's a bit close minded and unfair of *you* to criticize fans because they're not supporting the books that *you* like.

And you praise your Nova experiment as a positive example, but again I say, what if your LCS owner took the risk? And did so on a few others books too? Just on that Nova ALONE he's already in the red! Deny it all you want, but you are looking at it from a fan's perspective. You're pissed the books you like aren't be supported, you're pissed that your LCS owner isn't "taking chances" (can you honestly blame them with the economy being what it is?). That's not business, that's fanboy-ism (I'm honestly trying not to call you a fan boy, but the only alternative would be 'fanaticism', and I think that's a little more extreme than fan boy ;))

So, you're saying we should be fine with all the books from both companies only featuring those same 6 or 7 characters then...

The DarkMind
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
fan-boy is derogatory? even here???

Biofungus
01-23-2009, 07:17 PM
So, you're saying we should be fine with all the books from both companies only featuring those same 6 or 7 characters then...
I'm saying buy what you like, and let others buy what they like. Don't go spouting about what you feel they should be buying (unless of course, someone asks for a recommendation, but you're not "recommending", you're getting pissed off because people aren't supporting the books that *you* like).

Paul Sanderson
01-23-2009, 07:47 PM

Yep.

Eugene Selassie
01-25-2009, 11:41 AM
Yep.

I think what you're not understanding is by people keeping the same old same old reading habits we ARE forced to read the same book over and over because the characters we like aren't the ones that fall into the category of "no matter how bad they sell, they'll still keep a series".

Biofungus
01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
No, you are NOT forced to read anything. That is the point you are not understanding.

Paul Sanderson
01-25-2009, 08:39 PM
Exactly. You don't like a book, or what's being done to a book etc. etc. then stop buying it. Pure and simple. If enough people were to do the same, then perhaps the publishers would get the message. But, at the end of the day, you and you alone control what you do and do not buy/read. No one is forcing you to do anything.

buhe
01-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Be kind of cool for horror fans if Pantha became a Black Lantern. The one Superboy Prime decapitated in Infinity Crisis.

Having her carry a Black Lantern ring in one hand and her head with the other head.

http://www.comicmonsters.com/CMpromobanner.gif
http://www.comicmonsters.com/

Lovecraft13
01-25-2009, 10:29 PM
I wonder if Jesus will become a Black Lantern?

Paul Sanderson
01-25-2009, 10:42 PM
How about Muhammed? Buddha?

Mike225
01-26-2009, 12:00 AM
I wonder if Jesus will become a Black Lantern?Jesus is owned by Marvel.

Lovecraft13
01-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Jesus is owned by Marvel.

Not if he's Latino.

Paul Sanderson
01-26-2009, 01:36 AM
Last I heard he was a Jew.

Lovecraft13
01-26-2009, 02:14 AM
How about Muhammed? Buddha?

Don't be silly. Those guys are under contract.

Moonrider
01-26-2009, 05:17 AM
Last I heard he was a Jew.

I've never met a Jesus Goldstein.

Eugene Selassie
01-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Am I at a George Carlin stand-up special?

Allegory Comics
01-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah, totally! How many are there now?

Let's see ... there's Superman-proper, of course. So that's one.

Then there's Kal-L and Superboy Prime, but they both died in Infinite Crisis. So I guess they don't count. There's the Kingdom Come Superman in JSA ... but, no, he went back to his own universe. So he's out, too. What about Conner? Well, he was only half-Superman (and half-Lex), and he died anyway. So no. Weren't there some alternate Supermen in the Final Crisis: Superman Beyond books? Well, they're gone. Does SuperGIRL count? No, probably not, because she's not another version of "Kal-El". I guess the same goes for all those Kryptonians on New Krypton now.

So, let's tally the score. By my count, that's ... ONE. I guess you could count the Black Lantern corpse(?) of Kal-L as another. So maybe two.

Yep, WAY too many, right?! :p

Paul Sanderson
01-26-2009, 04:25 PM
I've never met a Jesus Goldstein.

You're probably in the wrong country then :p

Eugene Selassie
01-26-2009, 04:27 PM

No Country for Gold Men?

:blink:

Biofungus
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
What? You've never been to the Jewish quarter in Mexico City? :p

Paul Sanderson
01-26-2009, 05:29 PM
No, but I think the issue here is, I don't think Moonie has either ;)

Moonrider
01-26-2009, 07:35 PM
So this argument is pretty much pointless. :)

Scribe
01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
I think absolutely the fan base shares some of the blame for the dearth of any titles not related to the names. If all they want is more of the same then that's what they'll get.

At Dragon*Con a couple of years ago Dan Jolley was talking about how he put his soul into Bloodhound only have it scorned by fans. Bloodhound was a good book with solid art but fans never bought into the character and supported the series and he was never quiet sure why.

One fan answered that he didn't like coming to new characters because he wanted them to have a hefty back story behind them and make sure they were popular before he would buy them. He went on to say that he only started watching Buffy in the fourth season, doesn't buy DC comics without one of the big three in it and sticks to established marvel titles like X-Men and Avengers.

To this Jolley's girlfriend, whose name escapes me, looked at the crowd and lifted her hand to point to fan and said, "That's why you don't see new books."

I would absolve the fans if there weren't good work out there. There are a ton of indie comics out there that as good if not better than what the Big 2 are putting out but people won't migrate to those titles until they've gotten several positive write ups in Wizard. I have no patience for people who complain of characters being over exposed, when those are the only books they'll buy.

Paul Sanderson
01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
So this argument is pretty much pointless. :)

The best kind to have :laugh:

Moonrider
01-28-2009, 08:45 AM
I do know a Mohammed Jesus once though, I kid you not.

I have no patience for people who complain of characters being over exposed, when those are the only books they'll buy.

Good point. The only reason they're overexposed is because they will sell no matter what.

Eugene Selassie
01-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I do know a Mohammed Jesus once though, I kid you not.

Good point. The only reason they're overexposed is because they will sell no matter what.

But its the fact that they sell, no matter how poorly written and drawn, that bugs me.

maverick
01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
This thread is a blatant spoiler.

In the future, you should label the thread title as such.

Paul Sanderson
01-28-2009, 04:24 PM
But its the fact that they sell, no matter how poorly written and drawn, that bugs me.

The publishers have people like you to thank for that.

Eugene Selassie
01-28-2009, 06:05 PM
The publishers have people like you to thank for that.

Um...failing to see the logic in your statement.

Paul Sanderson
01-28-2009, 07:06 PM
Think about it.

Eugene Selassie
01-28-2009, 07:22 PM
Think about it.

I don't buy Superman, Batman, JLA, Spider Man or X ANYTHING.

Mainly because those books can survive with or without my purchases.

Try again Paul.

:fart:

Buckyrig
01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
Mainly because those books can survive with or without my purchases.

You buy books based on how you imagine your purchases affect the market?

:confused:

Paul Sanderson
01-28-2009, 09:07 PM
You buy plenty of stuff out of habit rather than whether it's actually top-notch, much of it from Marvel. Whether it's DC or Marvel, you're exactly the kind of buyer the publishers love, Eugene.

Troy Wall
01-28-2009, 09:30 PM
So are all the Black Lanterns the dead brought back to life? I'm thinking by the end of it Martian Manhunter will be himself again. Decent way to bring back a character back from the dead.

Gotta admit I've never been interested in or read Green Lantern comics, but I'm going to buy the entirety of Johns' run in TPB when Blackest Night is complete. The Sinestro Corps looked cool to me, and I'm a sucker for all the color variations of the Corps representing different abstract constructs of power.

Can you believe no one thought of creating color variations of the Green Lantern Corps before this? So simple...but so cool.

And yes, I did like Power Rangers when I was a lad. I like purty colors.

Lovecraft13
01-28-2009, 09:40 PM
I like purty colors.

What about ugly colors?

The DarkMind
01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
What about ugly colors?

those requires lots of alcohol and a paper bag :whistlin:

the_beast
01-29-2009, 12:09 PM
So Now The Is A Lantern For Each Color Of The Spectrum, And A Black Lantern Whick Is The Absence Of Color....

How Long Until They Introduce The White Lanterns, Which Is All Colors Combined

Scott Story
01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
There's always the little known tertiary lanterns.

Amber Lanterns are responsible for Oan housekeeping.

Maroon Lanterns--the cosmic plumbers

Gold Lanterns--Cosmic bankers

That doesn't even get into the tints and shades, with their Rose and Gray Lanterns.

In fact, I'm now a Hypothetical Lantern--I could see having a power ring, it's possible, right?

Troy Wall
01-29-2009, 04:01 PM
What about ugly colors?

I'm all for a Sea Green Lantern.

Paul Sanderson
01-29-2009, 04:48 PM
Baby Poop colour Lantern? :huh:

Jamir with an E
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
There's always the little known tertiary lanterns.

Amber Lanterns are responsible for Oan housekeeping.

Maroon Lanterns--the cosmic plumbers

Gold Lanterns--Cosmic bankers

That doesn't even get into the tints and shades, with their Rose and Gray Lanterns.

In fact, I'm now a Hypothetical Lantern--I could see having a power ring, it's possible, right?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Don't joke, though. We may see some or all of that before the arc's finished lol.

Eugene Selassie
01-29-2009, 09:43 PM
You buy plenty of stuff out of habit rather than whether it's actually top-notch, much of it from Marvel. Whether it's DC or Marvel, you're exactly the kind of buyer the publishers love, Eugene.

Um, when was this stated by me??

Put down the hallucinogens Paul.

Paul Sanderson
01-29-2009, 10:01 PM
It's obvious from much of your Marvel postings.

Eugene Selassie
01-29-2009, 11:35 PM
It's obvious from much of your Marvel postings.

So Nova, Guardians of the Galaxy, Cap Britain & MI:13, Iron Fist, Incredible Herc, X-Factor are books that are blazing up the sales charts...

Aidy
01-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Does anymone know if Ted Kord is going to be a Black Lantern? I hope not.

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 08:26 AM
Ted Kord has a cult fan following because most would have rather seen Booster Gold bite the big one instead of him. Besides... wasn't Ted brought back in One Year Later and confirmed to have survived the "die to fix the timeline" slop of a story?

Aidy
01-30-2009, 08:32 AM
Ted Kord has a cult fan following because most would have rather seen Booster Gold bite the big one instead of him. Besides... wasn't Ted brought back in One Year Later and confirmed to have survived the "die to fix the timeline" slop of a story?

Ted Kord has a cult following because of JLI, not becasue someone wanted to see Booster get killed. I think you're being a little cynical there.

Yes but no, Booster wanted to bring Ted back and did so only to find out that the Starro-balls had then taken over the world and so Ted had to sacrifice himslef to set things right. So yes he's still dead.

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 08:42 AM
Ted Kord has a cult following because of JLI, not becasue someone wanted to see Booster get killed. I think you're being a little cynical there.

Yes but no, Booster wanted to bring Ted back and did so only to find out that the Starro-balls had then taken over the world and so Ted had to sacrifice himslef to set things right. So yes he's still dead.

i'm not being cynical, that's what a lot of fans of the character expressed to me. they thought ted was so much cooler than booster and were pissed he got killed off. :laugh:

Uh... not according to this. Yeah it's Wiki and it's not very reliable but it says its confirmed in an interview with Geoff Johns.
As the timeline is restored, Booster Gold believes that Ted Kord died and that history was restored to its original state. However, a shadowy figure holding a glowing blue scarab-shaped item prowls a Kord Industries safehouse to find a Bug and other Beetle paraphernalia. The shadowy figure laughs "Bwa-hahaha" like Ted Kord. It was later confirmed in an interview with the series creator Geoff Johns that the figure is, in fact, Ted Kord.*

*52 Pick-Up: Booster Gold #1000000

Aidy
01-30-2009, 09:22 AM
i'm not being cynical, that's what a lot of fans of the character expressed to me. they thought ted was so much cooler than booster and were pissed he got killed off. :laugh:

Uh... not according to this. Yeah it's Wiki and it's not very reliable but it says its confirmed in an interview with Geoff Johns.

Thats after what I said happened. I missed the million issue. But thats defiently after the Starro stuff.
why would a Ted fan want Booster to die? As a Ted fan I find that a little weird that they'd want his sidekick to die.

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
Thats after what I said happened. I missed the million issue. But thats defiently after the Starro stuff.
why would a Ted fan want Booster to die? As a Ted fan I find that a little weird that they'd want his sidekick to die.

because to them it was like seeing batman get shot in the head instead of robin? :huh: i dunno. they just liked ted more.

Aidy
01-30-2009, 10:03 AM
Well I'd take Ted over Booster any day, but I'd take Booster over Ralph, and Guy over both of them. But I'd have liked them all to live.....

Buckyrig
01-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Ted Kord has a cult fan following because most would have rather seen Booster Gold bite the big one instead of him.

That's wacky. The best friends aspect of their stories is a large part of the appeal. It was like watching two-thirds of the Marx Brothers trying to get over all the time...but getting shit together when necessary.

I also liked when they would drag Mr Miracle into things too. Added the whole getting-your-married-friend-into-trouble-with-the-wife element to the lunacy.

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 11:01 AM
That's wacky. The best friends aspect of their stories is a large part of the appeal. It was like watching two-thirds of the Marx Brothers trying to get over all the time...but getting shit together when necessary.

I also liked when they would drag Mr Miracle into things too. Added the whole getting-your-married-friend-into-trouble-with-the-wife element to the lunacy.

The reasoning all boils down to this; Which roommate would you rather see leave... Jack, Janet, or Chrissy?

Buckyrig
01-30-2009, 11:33 AM
The reasoning all boils down to this; Which roommate would you rather see leave... Jack, Janet, or Chrissy?

But it's really more like choosing between Abbott and Costello. Doesn't work as well, one without the other.

Dynamics, friend.

Dynamics!

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 12:00 PM
But it's really more like choosing between Abbott and Costello. Doesn't work as well, one without the other.

Dynamics, friend.

Dynamics!

well, the writers obviously chose, so why is it so hard to believe a handful of readers felt the choice was wrong and the one that lived should have died?

the_beast
01-30-2009, 12:05 PM
If I Had To Pick One I'd Choose Blue Beetle Over Booster Gold

But They Are Both Better When They Are A Team

Aidy
01-30-2009, 12:19 PM
lets just get down to brass tacks here....we're all a little Ted-gay. The sooner Ted Kord gets back to the land of the living in the DCU the better a place it will be.

Buckyrig
01-30-2009, 12:25 PM
well, the writers obviously chose, so why is it so hard to believe a handful of readers felt the choice was wrong and the one that lived should have died?

Because yes we can...? :huh:

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Because yes we can...? :huh:
.....what?

the_beast
01-30-2009, 12:30 PM
.... Where?

Aidy
01-30-2009, 01:09 PM
who, when....Johnny Ball reveals all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, I am ruling today baby!!!!!!!!!!

High Five.....YEAH!!!!!

Beer me man!!!!!

YEAH!!!! WHOOOOO!!!

Ha.

Buckyrig
01-30-2009, 01:11 PM
.....what?

Change I can believe in?

the_beast
01-30-2009, 03:11 PM
High Five.....YEAH!!!!!

http://i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv356/The_Beast00/untitled.jpg

The DarkMind
01-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Change I can believe in?
change for a dollar? :huh:

Moonrider
02-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Does anymone know if Ted Kord is going to be a Black Lantern? I hope not.

They have to find his body first. Right now he changed his status from 'yep he's definitely dead' to 'dunno probably dead somewhere sometime' in the pages of Booster Gold.

Now Booster Gold as a Black Lantern would be interesting. What? He's not dead. But he is! His remains was brought from the future by Booster himself during 52 and buried in the 21st century. And since Booster Gold is Geoff Johns' title, this plot point is highly possible, even for a ha-ha moment.

the_beast
02-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Dead DC Characters Who Would Be Cool Black Lanterns

Big Barda
Abin Sur
Captain Boomerang
Ch'p
Doctor Light
Duela Dent
Flash (Bart Allen)
The Brain
Jade
Human Bomb
Psimon
Super-Chief
Trickster
Vigilante (Adrian Chase)

Eugene Selassie
02-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Dead DC Characters Who Would Be Cool Black Lanterns

Big Barda
Abin Sur
Captain Boomerang
Ch'p
Doctor Light
Duela Dent
Flash (Bart Allen)
The Brain
Jade
Human Bomb
Psimon
Super-Chief
Trickster
Vigilante (Adrian Chase)

Whoa whoa whoa....

Did Psimon and The Brain get smoked in Salvation Run??

the_beast
02-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Yes