PDA

View Full Version : Books of Doom

Paul Sanderson
01-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Borrowed this trade, by Ed Brubaker & Pablo Raimondi, from the library. It's really very good, I highly recommend it. It's the life story of Dr. Doom from his own lips, with a little twist. Excellent story and beautiful art. I know it's not new, but has anyone else read this?

Aidy
01-20-2009, 09:28 AM
i got a couple of issues but then I missed a couple of months at the comic shop and only ended up with 3 issues...but I was impressed. Hell I'm always impressed by a good Doom story.

Paul Sanderson
01-20-2009, 11:04 PM
I try and look at all the trades that come through the library where I work (and they have a sizeable collection), and this grabbed my attention right away. An excellent read.

Eugene Selassie
01-21-2009, 12:06 PM
I loved the modern take on his origin. It didn't spit in the face of anything established...

Bru is the man.

Aidy
01-21-2009, 12:10 PM
I loved the modern take on his origin. It didn't spit in the face of anything established...

Bru is the man.

what like the ultimate universe?....

now I'll just sit and wait for war to break out

Eugene Selassie
01-21-2009, 12:14 PM
what like the ultimate universe?....

Hey, I didn't say it.

:nyah:

Aidy
01-21-2009, 12:17 PM
Hey, I didn't say it.

:nyah:

Oh now come on...just take the bait man... :)

What about Bendis on Iron man?? huh? :happy:

Paul Sanderson
01-21-2009, 09:37 PM

Bru is the man.

Agreed. This was storytelling of a high order. And I've been a fan of Raimondi's since his fill-in issue on Batman a few years back.

Eugene Selassie
01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Agreed. This was storytelling of a high order. And I've been a fan of Raimondi's since his fill-in issue on Batman a few years back.

He did Batman??? What issues?

Paul Sanderson
01-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I can't remember the issue (I'd have to dig through my collection to find it), but it was a fill-in issue pretty early in his career. He's come a long way since then, but even then, his great talent was evident.