PDA

View Full Version : Dark Reign one shot (possible spoilers)

Mark Bertolini
01-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I really liked this, for a couple reasons: It was drawn by Alex Maleev. That alone would have been worth the cover price, but the idea of Norman Osborn basically running the superheroes now, and giving free rein to the big bads of the Marvel U is a great idea. I never liked the Green Goblin as a character, but Norman has a lot of potential. I loved him in Thunderbolts, and I can't wait to see what kind of crazy shit he comes up with now.

Thoughts?

HaphazardJoy
01-14-2009, 06:33 PM
Another great idea that I bet will poorly executed. I like the set-up, but we'll see what happens.

Biofungus
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
If it becomes a "I'm a bad guy, so I'll let the other bad guys run amok" kind of thing, it'll suck. Most of the best villains have a sort of "twisted conscience", and I'd rather see Norman doing more of a "pick and choose" thing (and why of course, he picked and chose those villains to allow free reign). They have the opportunity to really expand his character and add some interesting twists into the marvel universe, if they can avoid writing Normal 2 dimensionally.