PDA

View Full Version : No Hero

Mark Bertolini
01-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Is anyone else reading this book? It's outstanding. I'm the biggest mark for Warren Ellis there is, but Juan Jose Ryp should be listed among the 4 or 5 best artists in the industry. He's that good.

If you're not reading it, pick up a copy. Do yourself a favour.

WSSmith
01-12-2009, 03:54 PM
It's pretty good! I'm enjoying it alot! along w/ Gravel

paul brian deberry
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Whoa? Really? He's great - but not top 4 or 5 great!

Although those first three pages of this issue were cool.

Is anyone else reading this book? It's outstanding. I'm the biggest mark for Warren Ellis there is, but Juan Jose Ryp should be listed among the 4 or 5 best artists in the industry. He's that good.

If you're not reading it, pick up a copy. Do yourself a favour.

Mark Bertolini
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Whoa? Really? He's great - but not top 4 or 5 great!

Although those first three pages of this issue were cool.

I think I have to respectfully disagree. If you look at the top handful of artists in the business, I think Ryp is better than a couple of them (Jim Lee springs immediately to mind). Ryp's like a combination of Geof Darrow and Frank Quitely. The level of detail in his pencils is unreal. I think that is the reason why he's not bigger in the industry, it must take him forever to complete a page (which also explains why No Hero, and Black Summer, had nothing like a regular publishing schedule.)

Hell, at least you're reading it! :thumbs:

WSSmith
01-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Ryp is definitly part of that huge collective that can be called the best~

Check out his Robocop w/ Frank Miller it's a violent masterpiece.

paul brian deberry
01-12-2009, 11:53 PM
I have... and I still disagree... but I'm one of the few thats not really a fan of Geof Darrow and Frank Quitely, either. Jim Lee on the other hand I love but he's not in my top twenty.

My taste lies squarely in between Mark Bagley and Bruce Timm