PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love marvel continuity

ponyrl
01-07-2009, 06:04 PM
When the hell did the Blackbolt and the inhumans, who were created along with the deviants by the Celestials, become Kree? :blink:

W. T. F!

I picked up War of Kings One-Shot and read the precurser just because it has something to do with Havok's storyline.

Someone explain to me. REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYY SSSSLLLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLYYY when this happened and what writer do I blame! :man:

JamieRoberts
01-07-2009, 06:07 PM
When the hell did the Blackbolt and the inhumans, who were created along with the deviants by the Celestials, become Kree? :blink:

W. T. F!

I picked up War of Kings One-Shot and read the precurser just because it has something to do with Havok's storyline.

Someone explain to me. REEEEEEAAAAALLLLLLYYYY SSSSLLLLLLOOOOWWWWLLLYYY when this happened and what writer do I blame! :man:
WWWWWHHHHHOOOOO CCCCCAAAAARRRREEEESSSSS?????

The Dag
01-07-2009, 06:10 PM

W. T. F!

i thought they were made by the kree..

ponyrl
01-07-2009, 06:17 PM
WWWWWHHHHHOOOOO CCCCCAAAAARRRREEEESSSSS?????
IIIIIIIIIIIII DDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN IIIIIIIII SSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTE EEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS TTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAADDDD DDDDDD.

JamieRoberts
01-07-2009, 06:18 PM
IIIIIIIIIIIII DDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNN IIIIIIIII SSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTE EEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDD TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS TTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAADDDD DDDDDD.
FFFFFFFAAAAIIIIIRRRRRRR EEEEENNNNNNNNOOOOUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH.

I'm done with this joke now. As you were, people!

HaphazardJoy
01-07-2009, 06:27 PM

You're confusing the Inhumans with the Eternals, the ETERNALS were created by the Celestials. Inhumans were born from early humans that the Kree were drawn to experiment on after realizing that the Celestials took interest in the potential of the race.

:slap:

ponyrl
01-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Ah, my bad. See, simple answer. :D

buhe
01-08-2009, 01:42 AM

W. T. F!

I think you're thinking of the Eternals.

The Inhumans were humans who were genetically engineered with the Terran mist by the Kree for their war with the skrulls, but were abandoned.

Moonrider
01-08-2009, 05:50 AM
Terrigen mist! Get your facts right, fool!

:D

Aidy
01-08-2009, 05:55 AM
I hate the inhumans.
I cant wait for the "no more inhumans" storyline they could do with a culling.

Eugene Selassie
01-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Looking forward to War of Kings.

Yost's Kingbreaker was a great read and as usual, the cosmic (Annihilation-type) event story will be of much better quality than the uber hyped OTHER event that the company is running.

Now if I could get my anti-cosmic "I won't support any characters unless they're urban street level vigilantes" friends to admit it.

Some of them have already. :nyah:

HaphazardJoy
01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
I don't especially like the cosmic stuff, but it's been done well lately.

It doesn't mesh with the regular continuity very well though... how does 616 have a general level of technology and research that's equal to our own (you know, day to day stuff, not Starktech or Reed Richards inventions), when there's rampant alien technology available. Their space program hasn't got much attention since it fueled several character's creations, but if we had our hands on dismantled Skrull galactic crafts, you can bet we'd be colonizing space and leaping forward in other areas too. It's part of the conceit, sure, but blah.
Nova and the Guardians of the Galaxy, that stuff is kinda fun, but I always groan a little when they take the X-men out in space. Some good stories have been told, but the vigilante characters especially don't belong in space. Asteroid M is one thing, the Brood... alright, Marvel Girl and Havok in space are sorta believable, Wolverine tearing up aliens and then going back to taking down a child molester or gang leader somewhere in Nevada... wtf.

I dug Infinity War as a kid since those were some of my first books, but now I just think that stuff was goofy. I think DC transitions easier between the cosmic and heroic stuff, but they're patently a lot less street-level, and characters like the Bat family are still hard to believe in space.

ponyrl
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Marvel takes their comisc stuff and throws it into another universe, nowhere connected to the main MU.

I prefer it. Hate to be forced to buy one of the MU regular titles.

Moonrider
01-09-2009, 06:28 AM
I was surprised that none of the Annihilation Wave ever reached the Negative Zone prison during Civil War, since both events are concurrent with each other.

Aidy
01-09-2009, 07:00 AM
I was surprised that none of the Annihilation Wave ever reached the Negative Zone prison during Civil War, since both events are concurrent with each other.

I wasnt...Keith Giffen obviously wanted nothing to do with it.

Eugene Selassie
01-09-2009, 11:09 AM
I wasnt...Keith Giffen obviously wanted nothing to do with it.

Smart man.