PDA

View Full Version : A new idea for a Chicago based viglante comic series

LWhitehead
01-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Hi I've got an idea for official Viglante urban comic series like Batman family, not original based in Chicago.

Now one of my main problems other then the fact I'm not Chuck Dixon is that I'm basing it in Chicago. Now the city has a history of Crime and Corruption that that made it well known in the past. But unlike Bulthhaven it's not fully corrupt city there are good people living there, I don't want to show a grimely spotlight on that city.

Now my main Viglante character pays his crimefighting bills from his family Brewery,

So do you think DC would go for it?,

LW

Troy Wall
01-02-2009, 08:44 PM
LWhiteHead, I think the editors at DC would tumble over one another in a mad race to sign you as an exclusive talent. That's how fantastic your material is.

The Dag
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Hi I've got an idea for official Viglante urban comic series like Batman family, not original based in Chicago.

Now one of my main problems other then the fact I'm not Chuck Dixon is that I'm basing it in Chicago. Now the city has a history of Crime and Corruption that that made it well known in the past. But unlike Bulthhaven it's not fully corrupt city there are good people living there, I don't want to show a grimely spotlight on that city.

Now my main Viglante character pays his crimefighting bills from his family Brewery,

So do you think DC would go for it?,

LW

stop posting story ideas here... try posting them in the writes showcase... hell i don't even know if your ideas belong there...

i could be wrong but i believe DC doesn't use real cities.

Scott Story
01-03-2009, 01:07 AM
DC does use some real cities, but they don't take unsolocited ideas.

I once met a guy at a show who explained to me that he had made up a great character, and now all he had to do was get Marvel and DC's permissions to use some of their characters too. Superman and Spider-Man, he explained to me, were important elements of his plot.

The utter lack of understanding and appreciation for how things work was only exceeded by his boundless enthusiasm. I don't know one way or another if this guy ever did anything, but I rather imagine that he did not. Reality is a tough nut to crack.

Every time I see someone post a story concept in the Marvel and DC subforums here, I assume it's a kid posting. For that reason, I think it's better to not bust their chops too hard.

Paul Sanderson
01-03-2009, 05:11 PM
You're probably right, Scott.

Buckyrig
01-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Just tell them you're Steve Ditko. I doubt anyone knows what he looks like anymore.

LWhitehead
01-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Well I don't know DC latest suggestion for new talent is goto a major comic con that there attending and contact them there, that's no good for me due to the simple fact I don't have the cash to get out to these major comic cons.

DC online don't have a contact E-Mail address anymore or maybe I can't find it on there main webpage, also as I understand you have to be well known writer to get hired by DC

The other thing is that my urban Viglante comic series would be darker the current Batman,

LW

Eugene Selassie
01-09-2009, 05:39 PM
I think you might want to know that DC doesn't accept writing submissions.

They say that they want you to establish yourself in the minors first. Create your own independent comic.

Truth is though, as you can tell by the talent being hired by the big two, that you either have to have connections on the inside there, or you have to be established elsewhere (tv/movies) first before they'll even think about looking at your work.

Hopefully it won't make you want to quit comics and move on to tv/movie writing and other stuff...which it has for quite a few people I know...people who produce better stuff than half of what is produced by the big 2.

Moonrider
01-09-2009, 09:58 PM
See question #5.

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/010908-Dan20.html

NIUSpydeyHero
01-27-2009, 03:37 PM
This totally rocks, but will it be set in the present day or in the days of prohibition, because seeing chitown gangsters w/pinstripe suits carrying tommy guns and fighting over beer is one hell of an idea, now mash it with loads of blood and shooting and you've got a masterpiece.