PDA

View Full Version : Battle for the Cowl

Mwynn
12-26-2008, 12:56 PM
http://i.livescience.com/images/BFTC_NYCC-Spread_comp.jpg

KidIntense
12-26-2008, 01:34 PM
I really think Dick Grayson should wear the cowl because he is more intelligent than Tim Drake, and Jason Todd. I think Dick really needs to be Batman for life.

NickGuy
12-26-2008, 01:46 PM
http://lickerish.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/clint-eastwood.jpg

fluxchild
12-26-2008, 02:27 PM
i don't agree that Dick is more intelligent than Tim. Jason maybe...Not Tim though. He discovered Bruce's identity.

Eugene Selassie
12-26-2008, 03:07 PM
I think of the three Robins, Dick is the best combatant, but Tim is definitely smartest.

Mwynn
12-26-2008, 04:07 PM
Notice the wheel behind "Bruce" and Damien. Also Batwoman is now a red head, is Barbara back?

Jason Powell
12-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Notice the wheel behind "Bruce" and Damien. Also Batwoman is now a red head, is Barbara back?

That is the new lesbian Batwoman - not Barbara.

-Jason

ronin7
12-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Dick will never get the cowl for any length of time. The writers at DC and most of fandom for some insipid reason hate him. I guess I'm the only one who dreamed of being Batman's sidekick Robin the Boy Wonder and apart of the great family legacy.

Mwynn
12-26-2008, 05:56 PM
That is the new lesbian Batwoman - not Barbara.

-Jason
Kate Kane has brown hair.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/thewastebasket/BatwomanBlue.jpg

Biofungus
12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
Kate Kane has brown hair.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y166/thewastebasket/BatwomanBlue.jpg
Looks almost the same reddish color as the montage pic above...

Mwynn
12-26-2008, 07:00 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/291483-169691-batwoman_super.jpg

http://dccomics.com/media/product/6/5/6548_a_full.jpg

The mask is different also.

Biofungus
12-26-2008, 07:14 PM
The statue has red hair.

But some of what you're pointing out as 'differences' seem more like "artistic interpretation".

Biofungus
12-26-2008, 07:21 PM
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Katherine_Kane_(New_Earth)

Hair color: red.

Mwynn
12-26-2008, 07:26 PM
A wiki??
I'll just wait till march and see.

Paul Sanderson
12-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Bio's right, that's just differing artistic interpretation.

Heroes fighting to be Batman? Never heard of such nonsense! :man:

Newt
12-26-2008, 08:52 PM
I hope the dinosaur wins!

Gotham City has a new champion- BATOSAURUS REX!

Paul Sanderson
12-26-2008, 09:22 PM
I hope the dinosaur wins!

:laugh:

robbdaman
12-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Yeah, that can't be the same Batwoman, women never change their hair, ever.......

R~

WSmith
12-27-2008, 03:09 PM
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!! :man:

Batman is Bruce Wayne. Everyone else is an also-ran washout. Icons are Icons for a reason, and the man behind the mask does matter. Clark Kent, Peter Parker, Tony Stark, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen. In the end, the originals are/were the best. This is comics. Bruce will be back in the cowl in a couple of years max. Even if he had died, been re-atomized or what not, he would still be Batman again.

Dick is the most athletic and most deserving of the legacy. Tim is the best detective, but is way too young, and Jason is a smuckety-smuck and will never be deserving. No one else even counts.

It would be a great story for Dick and Tim to team up as a real Dynamic Duo for a little while, since it takes the two of them to make one decent Batman. :)

j giar
12-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Well said Mr. Smith. :)
I'll avoid any Bat titles until Bruce Wayne is Batman once more. Just like I did when Hal Jordan became a villain and lost the mantle of GL...I haven't read a Batman comic in a long time...but...sorry. I can't see that any of these individuals would have the drive...the emotional attachment and motivation that Wayne had. There isn't an editor or writer that can convince me of anything different. Why is it that the only original idea anyone can come up with for our iconic heroes, to make them interesting again, is to have them lose their minds and go on a killing spree or kill them off?

NickGuy
12-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Jason is a smuckety-smuck and will never be deserving.

http://www.timemachinego.com/linkmachinego/images2/2007/batman66-dkr-mash.jpg

Mark Bertolini
12-27-2008, 03:44 PM
I want to see Jean-Paul Valley get the costume back, and then kick everyone out of the Batcave again. Take that, Alfred!

Moonrider
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM
I want to see Jean-Paul Valley get the costume back, and then kick everyone out of the Batcave again. Take that, Alfred!

Then pray that if he does he has a better fashion sense this time around. The guy mixed a black/dark blue costume with yellow for crap sake!

Mwynn
12-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Well said Mr. Smith. :)
I'll avoid any Bat titles until Bruce Wayne is Batman once more. Just like I did when Hal Jordan became a villain and lost the mantle of GL...I haven't read a Batman comic in a long time...but...sorry.
So you have not read Batman in a long time, yet will avoid the title until Bruce returns?

j giar
12-27-2008, 04:44 PM
So you have not read Batman in a long time, yet will avoid the title until Bruce returns?

Yes...and I'm going to sit in this corner with my juicebox until then.

The Spirit
12-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I gave Captain America without Steve Rogers a chance and I'm glad I did, but I won't read Batman without Bruce Wayne, it's almost heretical. I'll wait for Bruce's return. I hope he returns by May 2009 the 70th anniversary of the character.

HaphazardJoy
12-27-2008, 05:59 PM
I betcha the Batman with the guns IS Valley. They hinted at his return, we'll see what happens when he does.

I just hope they actually use Batwoman this time. They hyped up her appearance for 52, and then she did a whole lot of nothing. I really like the shot of her and Nightwing, is that from a existing book?

Also: whose body is that in the crate, and what does it entail for Bruce Wayne?

Paul Sanderson
12-27-2008, 07:01 PM
Bruce will be back, he's DC/WB biggest cash cow. This is all just a short term, annoying gimmick.

Mwynn
12-27-2008, 07:08 PM
I betcha the Batman with the guns IS Valley. They hinted at his return, we'll see what happens when he does.

I just hope they actually use Batwoman this time. They hyped up her appearance for 52, and then she did a whole lot of nothing. I really like the shot of her and Nightwing, is that from a existing book?

Also: whose body is that in the crate, and what does it entail for Bruce Wayne?
I guess the Bruce Wayne is Hush, with that bandage Damien has control over him. Looks like he is going to make a play for Bruce's loot.

Mwynn
12-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Bruce will be back, he's DC/WB biggest cash cow. This is all just a short term, annoying gimmick.
It is a gimmick to get people talking, and it is working.

MARS
12-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Give it to the lesbian.

We all know she wants it.

M.

Mwynn
12-27-2008, 08:46 PM
http://i.livescience.com/images/BATTLE-FOR-THE-COWL.jpg

Paul Sanderson
12-27-2008, 08:56 PM
It is a gimmick to get people talking, and it is working.

Of course, for a short time, then Bruce will be back and everything will be as it was. Nothing in this storyline is designed to increase interest or sales in the long term. That's the problem with short term gimmicks.

Moonrider
12-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Of course, for a short time, then Bruce will be back and everything will be as it was. Nothing in this storyline is designed to increase interest or sales in the long term. That's the problem with short term gimmicks.

No, that's why it's called short term gimmicks.

Mwynn
12-27-2008, 11:24 PM
The funny part about all this is if you are not buying the books now, why does it matter if Bruce is Batman or not. If you were not buying the books when Bruce was under the mask, what do you to complain about. RIP was great as is Final Crisis. There are different things going on, the heroes are losing. We are getting to see a new side of the Villians.

It all makes for what people should want good stories.

Bruce will soon not want to be Batman, and I am enjoying what is leading up to that climax.

Biofungus
12-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Wait, is Hush good or bad?

And who's the guy with the red mask and knives?

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 12:03 AM
Wait, is Hush good or bad?

And who's the guy with the red mask and knives?
Jason Todd.

ArtisticBlasts
12-28-2008, 12:43 AM
Jason Todd.
Where's Red Robin? :D

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Where's Red Robin? :D
He ditched that costume at the end of Countdown.

j giar
12-28-2008, 01:29 AM
The funny part about all this is if you are not buying the books now, why does it matter if Bruce is Batman or not. If you were not buying the books when Bruce was under the mask, what do you to complain about. RIP was great as is Final Crisis. There are different things going on, the heroes are losing. We are getting to see a new side of the Villians.

It all makes for what people should want good stories.

Bruce will soon not want to be Batman, and I am enjoying what is leading up to that climax.

Let me clarify something then I'll shut my yap...when I said I haven't read a Batman title in a long time...I should have said I haven't read a Batman title that deals with current storylines. Black and White was awesome. Matt Wagners stint in Monster Men. Individual titles I'll read. As far as the regular Bat titles, I quit reading when they supposedly "Broke the Bat"....And it matters because I read them until then. It was my goddamn money I wasted every month on shit ideas....and this reeks of it. So don't belittle those that oppose it..because we've seen this crap before...For shits sake, Joker beat Jason Todd with a frickin crow bar and then blow his shit up in a shed. How do you survive that? Bruce's dad and mom were murdered before his very eyes. It's what made Batman..Batman. It's what motivated him the character. Revenge. Now take that away and what do you have? I loved Morrisons writing during Animal Man, Doom Patrol, Invisibles...even JLA...This is a lame, shit idea. So he lost me as a reader once again...or rather failed to bring me back. A PAYING CUSTOMER.
On the other hand I got Azzarello's The Joker for Christmas and I'm so psyched to read it....that's all I have to say. Me and my soapbox will leave.

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 01:46 AM
So the most current Batman stories you have read would be Knightfall (1993) and Black White (1996)?

There have been some really good stores since then, No Mans Land, Bruce Wayne Fugitive, Face to Face and Batman and Son.

When did they take away the Deaths of the Wayne's?

You seem to be looking at things from the outside. You need to actually read the books.

HaphazardJoy
12-28-2008, 08:19 AM
He ditched that costume at the end of Countdown.

Can I get a Hallelujah? I half like the character, despite the Wallpunch, but they glossed over good stories that could be told with him in favor of making him an angsty, two-bit, costumed antihero, only to then turn around and make him a goofy, two-bit, costumed hero... someone's been taking notes from Marvel on how to come up with ideas that could be really awesome, and then failing to deliver.

j giar
12-28-2008, 10:40 AM
So the most current Batman stories you have read would be Knightfall (1993) and Black White (1996)?

There have been some really good stores since then, No Mans Land, Bruce Wayne Fugitive, Face to Face and Batman and Son.

When did they take away the Deaths of the Wayne's?

You seem to be looking at things from the outside. You need to actually read the books.

I may look for these in GN form and give them a go....but if they're crap I'm going to come back here and complain again. :D

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I may look for these in GN form and give them a go....but if they're crap I'm going to come back here and complain again. :D
You cannot go wrong with No Mans Land. There is an earthquake that rocks Gotham, Lex Luthor then rebuilds the city.

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 11:24 AM
Can I get a Hallelujah? I half like the character, despite the Wallpunch, but they glossed over good stories that could be told with him in favor of making him an angsty, two-bit, costumed antihero, only to then turn around and make him a goofy, two-bit, costumed hero... someone's been taking notes from Marvel on how to come up with ideas that could be really awesome, and then failing to deliver.
They dropped the ball during the Hush storyline. It should have been Jason instead of Clayface. They then scrambled to fix the mistake, and it has not worked yet. They have a chance to redeem him during Battle for the Cowl, I hope they do not miss the mark agagn.

L Jamal
12-28-2008, 12:22 PM
You cannot go wrong with No Mans Land. There is an earthquake that rocks Gotham, Lex Luthor then rebuilds the city.
The entire premise begins with the government abandoning a major US city during a major crisis and there are moments of interesting stories, but overall I didn't think NML was that great. It was the last major Batman arc that I read in singles. I don't really follow very many comics from the majors any more.

J^2
12-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I think Dick will end up with the cowl for part of the story and then relinquish it before the end of BFTC...

Paul Sanderson
12-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Jim's right. The whole thing is a mess. Bruce is Batman. Jason is dead. That's how it should be (and will again one day without doubt). Too much stupidity, too much crap, too many gimmicks. And no, short term controversy does not equal quality storytelling. Not in this lifetime.

Biofungus
12-28-2008, 06:53 PM
Prediction: Jason Todd becomes Batman, gets killed making Bruce take up the mantle again (so he doesn't put anybody else in that position).

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 06:57 PM
I wanna see how Harvey will do as Batman.

robbdaman
12-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I've read Batman recently and to be honest it's very confusing, letting someone like Morrison write something as important as a RIP story for the character was a bad idea. He's why Final Crisis is so lousy too. I get where they are going with it all but I think it generally sucks and is a waste of time since Bruce will be Batman again someday.

R~

Mwynn
12-28-2008, 11:26 PM
What is so confusing about it?

R.I.P.
A group of socialities get together and want to screw with Bruce Wayne. They break him down mentally, of course Bruce is ready for them and one ups them. He gets a somewhat victory because you can not screw with Batman.

Final Crisis
Darkseid fires a bullet from the future to the past killing Orion. Darkseid takes Turpin as his host body. He then releases the Anti-Life equation. The heroes backs are against the wall and they are pretty much fighting back from the underground.

I had always thought it was suppose to be about the journey and not the destination. In the end good will always triumph over evil, so every story is a waste of time.

Paul Sanderson
12-29-2008, 02:57 AM
Prediction: Jason Todd becomes Batman, gets killed making Bruce take up the mantle again (so he doesn't put anybody else in that position).

Yeah, that sounds feasible to me.

What is so confusing about it?

R.I.P.
A group of socialities get together and want to screw with Bruce Wayne. They break him down mentally, of course Bruce is ready for them and one ups them. He gets a somewhat victory because you can not screw with Batman.

Final Crisis
Darkseid fires a bullet from the future to the past killing Orion. Darkseid takes Turpin as his host body. He then releases the Anti-Life equation. The heroes backs are against the wall and they are pretty much fighting back from the underground.

I had always thought it was suppose to be about the journey and not the destination. In the end good will always triumph over evil, so every story is a waste of time.

All that sounds plenty confusing to me, Marv :blink:

I wanna see how Harvey will do as Batman.

We've, more-or-less, already seen that just a couple or so years ago. Batman, Robin and Nightwing went on some kind of sojourn together, and he left Harvey in place in Gotham as his replacement. Apart from him not wearing the suit, he was Batman's replacement. Been there, done that *yawn*

HaphazardJoy
12-29-2008, 08:23 AM

Wow... really?

Moonrider
12-29-2008, 09:12 AM
I understand it completely. And I got a C in math and an F in quantum physics.

Mwynn
12-29-2008, 09:43 AM
Yeah, that sounds feasible to me.

We've, more-or-less, already seen that just a couple or so years ago. Batman, Robin and Nightwing went on some kind of sojourn together, and he left Harvey in place in Gotham as his replacement. Apart from him not wearing the suit, he was Batman's replacement. Been there, done that *yawn*
Wow just wow.

Spiderman spun a web last week, I don't need to see that again.

Aidy
12-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Azrael?
I bet he'll be back any second now....

Biofungus
12-29-2008, 02:56 PM
Wow... really?
Normally I'm one of Frank's most outspoken critics, but in all honesty, you can't tell me even a simply line like, "Darkseid chooses Turpin to be his host" wouldn't raise a huge "WTH?!" Unless your familiar with the end of the New Gods thing (which even I'm not certain on, and I've been trying to follow it!).

Mwynn
12-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Normally I'm one of Frank's most outspoken critics, but in all honesty, you can't tell me even a simply line like, "Darkseid chooses Turpin to be his host" wouldn't raise a huge "WTH?!" Unless your familiar with the end of the New Gods thing (which even I'm not certain on, and I've been trying to follow it!).
Which brings us full circle to "Read the Books".

dx
12-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Batman titles have been so badly done and confusing I don't even bother.

Here is what cracks me up...and I guess this is due to lack of talent. But in the recent Robin, Tim put on the costume of Red Robin and suddenly from one panel to the next, he became an adult, grew taller, and gained about 25 pounds of mass. I want that costume for me.

Paul Sanderson
12-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Does that mean if you put the regular Robin suit on, you'll shrink and get younger? :huh:

Thanks Bio btw. I read some of the books, but why should I spend a tonne of my hard-earned cash on buying dozens of books in an attempt to make sense of this unmitigated mess? The overall storyline is trash and not worth my time or money. I buy the few books I still like and that's that.

robbdaman
12-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry but as far as I'm concerned Morrison is too hit or miss, like whether his writing will be good depends on what kind of drugs he's taken that week/month.

Robin is the best of all the Bat titles out there at the moment. I don't think he got taller but the cowl does add 25 lbs. :p Nightwing is okay but not as good as Robin. Best Batman book with Batman in it is Batman/Superman.

R~

Aidy
12-30-2008, 04:33 AM
Sorry but as far as I'm concerned Morrison is too hit or miss, like whether his writing will be good depends on what kind of drugs he's taken that week/month.

Robin is the best of all the Bat titles out there at the moment. I don't think he got taller but the cowl does add 25 lbs. :p Nightwing is okay but not as good as Robin. Best Batman book with Batman in it is Batman/Superman.

R~

Best bat book? I think you'll find its the opus that is Batman/Spawn

HaphazardJoy
12-30-2008, 05:45 AM

No way, it's Batman/The Noid, Domino's Pizza and Batman, working together to make sure you're delivered the freshest, hottest pizza.

Paul Sanderson
12-30-2008, 06:43 AM

R~

:laugh: :happy: :laugh: :happy:

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
Which one? There were two initially, and didn't they have another one a few years later?

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 08:32 AM
Which brings us full circle to "Read the Books".
Except that there are like half a dozen tie in books necessary to understand what's going on. C'mon Marv. DC isn't clear cut.

In fact, I'd say Marvel's events are easier to follow, because most of the tie in books do nothing to further the story, so you can still get 90+% of the story just from reading the main event book, whereas DC tries to integrate the story so much in the tie in books, you'd get completely lost if you don't read EVERYTHING.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 09:20 AM
Except that there are like half a dozen tie in books necessary to understand what's going on. C'mon Marv. DC isn't clear cut.

In fact, I'd say Marvel's events are easier to follow, because most of the tie in books do nothing to further the story, so you can still get 90+% of the story just from reading the main event book, whereas DC tries to integrate the story so much in the tie in books, you'd get completely lost if you don't read EVERYTHING.
90% come on did you read Secret Invasion?

Anyway back to Battle for the Cowl.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 09:23 AM
The three scratches in the Penny point to D E R. Which would suggest RED.

The DarkMind
12-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Main story:
3 part series Battle for the Cowl

Tie-ins:
3 part Oracle series
3 part Azrael series
2 bookends Gotham City Gazette
5 one-shots

More like a bakers dozen of tie in books this time :laugh:

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 09:43 AM
Not to mention Final Crisis, and the whole New Gods thing...

And Marv, I DID read Secret Invasion, and I had to stop reading the tie ins because they were confusing the storyline. Except for some fairly minor events in the tie ins, all of the story progression (what little there was) was in the main series.

DC tries to progress the stories throughout the tie ins, making you pretty much HAVE to buy them all, or drop the story altogether.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 09:49 AM
Not to mention Final Crisis, and the whole New Gods thing...

And Marv, I DID read Secret Invasion, and I had to stop reading the tie ins because they were confusing the storyline. Except for some fairly minor events in the tie ins, all of the story progression (what little there was) was in the main series.

DC tries to progress the stories throughout the tie ins, making you pretty much HAVE to buy them all, or drop the story altogether.
The SI tie ins pretty much gave you most of the story. What was Fury doing? Not in the main title. Who was this "He" the Skrulls talked about. Again not in the main title.

If you are not going to read the books that is fine.
I'll just move along and only talk about the book itself now.

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 09:57 AM
The "He" was easily answered in the "Secret Invasion - Skrulls" *one shot*. Not that it was even necessary to know for the story.

As for the book itself, it is *still* confusing almost by your own admonition, because of everything it took to lead up to that point, and the tie ins and it's relation in the current continuity (including Final Crisis).

You want to talk about just the book, that's fine, but don't pretend that there's a lot tied into it that isn't required to understand the book itself. You shouldn't chastise people for finding the books confusing, just because you had no qualms about shelling out 40+ bucks a month for how many years now, just to keep up with what's going on in the Bat-iverse (and I'm not even talking about Frank's usual blatant "comment w/o having actually read the book" schtick. I'm talking about your implications that there's nothing convoluted about it, just because you've had no problem keeping up with all the books involved, and presume that everyone else should too).

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 10:01 AM
The "He" was easily answered in the "Secret Invasion - Skrulls" *one shot*. Not that it was even necessary to know for the story.

As for the book itself, it is *still* confusing almost by your own admonition, because of everything it took to lead up to that point, and the tie ins and it's relation in the current continuity (including Final Crisis).

You want to talk about just the book, that's fine, but don't pretend that there's a lot tied into it that isn't required to understand the book itself. You shouldn't chastise people for finding the books confusing, just because you had no qualms about shelling out 40+ bucks a month for how many years now, just to keep up with what's going on in the Bat-iverse (and I'm not even talking about Frank's usual blatant "comment w/o having actually read the book" schtick. I'm talking about your implications that there's nothing convoluted about it, just because you've had no problem keeping up with all the books involved, and presume that everyone else should too).
40+ Bucks. I only read the RIP books. Which went across the Bat books.
Again I had no problem keeping up, because I actually read the books.

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 10:09 AM
And what about everything leading up to it, and what it ties into in the future? And heck, look at the books involved just in RIP alone! That's no small change! The general point was: DC is just as, if not more so, convoluted as Marvel, continuity wise. There's no easy way to "keep up". You say read the books, but not everybody can afford to spend all of their monthly comic budget just to keep up with *one* storyline. I'm glad you can, but don't chastise others for not being able to do so.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Here is my suggestion. Stay away from mainstream comics.

j giar
12-30-2008, 05:17 PM
So...when you say Harvey..Are you referring to Harvey Dent. THE Harvey Dent.....Two Face.....The schizophrenic, psychopath? Someone made a hero out of him? Is he in the photo you posted?

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Here is my suggestion. Stay away from mainstream comics.
That's funny, I basically suggested that several posts back when I stated DC and Marvel were both convoluted.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 05:21 PM
So...when you say Harvey..Are you referring to Harvey Dent. THE Harvey Dent.....Two Face.....The schizophrenic, psychopath? Someone made a hero out of him? Is he in the photo you posted?
Yeah he is the one with the spilt costume.

j giar
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM

Though it was him...wasn't sure. Other than Joker,...who I've liked since the Batman tv show I watched when I was a kid...don't know why, Harvey has always seemed to be treated as a non threat in comics for the most part...which I've always found odd.

HaphazardJoy
12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Oh yeah, his face does look like it, but I figured with the similar mask and red/black motif that it was Hurt or someone in his employ. Maybe there's some connection.

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 05:58 PM
See? This is what I'm saying! How did Harvey get this far along? I'm curious about it, and I think Jim might be too, but where/when did this take place comic wise?

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 06:04 PM
See? This is what I'm saying! How did Harvey get this far along? I'm curious about it, and I think Jim might be too, but where/when did this take place comic wise?
Detective Comics #817

Biofungus
12-30-2008, 06:07 PM
That's it? One issue changed him completely?

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Read the book.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Detective Comics 824 brings Harley over.

Paul Sanderson
12-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Brings Harley over? What does that mean?

That's it? One issue changed him completely?

Yeah, sounds dopey to me too.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Brings Harley over? What does that mean?

Read the book.

Paul Sanderson
12-30-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't make statements here unless you're willing to elaborate on them then.

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Don't make statements here unless you're willing to elaborate on them then.
Bio asked when it happened, I post an issue and its number. I'm not going to teleplay the book for you. Get out to the store and buy it if you want to know what happens. If not leave it be.

j giar
12-30-2008, 08:24 PM
Bio asked when it happened, I post an issue and its number. I'm not going to teleplay the book for you. Get out to the store and buy it if you want to know what happens. If not leave it be.

Would you be willing to describe it panel by panel including the advertisements. :nyah:
I see the one issue was written by James Robinson. Did he have the writing gig on the whole storyline?

robbdaman
12-30-2008, 09:41 PM
In other words RIP was crappily written, so that you didn't want to follow the whole story.

R~

Paul Sanderson
12-30-2008, 10:00 PM
That sounds about right, robbdaman ;)

Mwynn
12-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Would you be willing to describe it panel by panel including the advertisements. :nyah:
I see the one issue was written by James Robinson. Did he have the writing gig on the whole storyline?
Robinson did 817-820. It was part of the One Year Later storyline.

The DarkMind
12-31-2008, 08:17 AM
long time villains becoming heroes? that's just crap. what mainstream company does something that retarded? that's like magneto or the white queen joining up with the X.... oh... never mind.

Mwynn
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't call either of them Heroes. Two Face still controls Harvey and Harley is only on the other side because she hates the Joker.

Nitecrawlah2
12-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Deadshot.

Paul Sanderson
12-31-2008, 09:03 PM
Sounds rather dull all up, as well as dopey.

The Dag
12-31-2008, 10:53 PM
Sounds rather dull all up, as well as dopey.

you bitch alot .

robbdaman
12-31-2008, 10:58 PM
you bitch alot .

Maybe he'd like the stories of characters he likes to read about not to suck. :yuk: They are canceling several books just to do this storyline, if it sucks it'll be a big disappointment.

R~

The Dag
12-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Maybe he'd like the stories of characters he likes to read about not to suck. :yuk: They are canceling several books just to do this storyline, if it sucks it'll be a big disappointment.

R~

he doesn't read them... so he doesn't know if they suck.

dmh_3000
01-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Detective Comics 824 brings Harley over.

Actually, it was #831.

And Harvey became bad in #819, but it wasn't one issue. It was because of Batman accusing him of being a murderer, making him feel like he was destined to be Two Face, and then he had a conversation with his other side, flipped a coin and went back to being evil.

Damn I'm a nerd. Either that or it's because Face the Face was my first graphic novel.

Paul Sanderson
01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
he doesn't read them... so he doesn't know if they suck.

I read enough to know they suck. You don't like that, you know where the door is.

Moonrider
01-02-2009, 02:16 AM
I read enough to know they suck. You don't like that, you know where the door is.
You sound just like my granpa when he had a fight with a neighbour. He was in that neighbour's house, so you can imagine how weird it is to see him kicking someone out of a house that's not even his. :p

Paul Sanderson
01-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I've always been an old curmudgeon :laugh:

HaphazardJoy
01-04-2009, 11:14 AM
Regardless of the writing, let me add a voice of doubt just because I spent a few minutes trying to figure out what's up with the left-most Batman (presumably Robin)... torso-to-hips-thighs does not add up in this case.

HaphazardJoy
01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Damn, now I have to bite my tongue, after the events of Final Crisis 6, even I'm confused about Batman's "death".

Mwynn
01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
Batman shoots Darkseid with the same bullet that killed Orion. Darkseid hits Batman with the Omega Beams.

Paul Sanderson
01-14-2009, 08:40 PM
Batman shooting? :rolleyes:

Mike225
01-14-2009, 11:49 PM
Batman shooting? :rolleyes:If Superman goes crazy, Batman will have to manually insert the kryptonite bullet.

Moonrider
01-15-2009, 12:04 AM
That is interesting. Even if Bruce come back alive, he'll have to deal with that psychologically.

Paul Sanderson
01-15-2009, 12:19 AM
If Superman goes crazy, Batman will have to manually insert the kryptonite bullet.

The point being, he's Batman, he can think of another way that you or I can't. That's why he's the Bat and you're just a kid sidekick :nyah:

Mike225
01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
The point being, he's Batman, he can think of another way that you or I can't. Kryptonite suppository.

dx
01-15-2009, 02:59 AM
DC is Lame.

In the near future

Ultimate Crisis: Superman Dies and evreyone cries. (Again)

I can't believe its another Crisis: Wonder Woman dies as the joker performs the liposuction from hell with a machine designed by Luthor.

The Crisis of all Crisis's: All the Green Lanterns die only to have a Red or Orange or maybe a Yellow latern revive the Green Lanterns.

Crisis under Water, Multiple Oceans Collide: Aquamans of every ocean convince the sea life to kill all the multiple Aquamans. (There cannot be only one)

etc.

Wayne Drake
01-15-2009, 03:54 AM
I can't believe its another Crisis: Wonder Woman dies as the joker performs the liposuction from hell with a machine designed by Luthor.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Mwynn
01-15-2009, 08:59 AM
That is interesting. Even if Bruce come back alive, he'll have to deal with that psychologically.
That will be the good part. His back was against the wall, that was the only way to stop Darkseid. I saw it coming and it was still a great moment.

Moonrider
01-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Just wait until he finds out that Darkseid was Dan Turpin.

Biofungus
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
If Superman goes crazy, Batman will have to manually insert the kryptonite bullet.

Kryptonite... enema? :confused:

The DarkMind
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
nah, an enema is a liquid flush of the lower bowel and colon. what mike is talking about is more like a kryptonite suppository.

Mike225
01-15-2009, 05:51 PM
Kryptonite... enema? :confused:http://www.digitalwebbing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1535857&postcount=113

Nitecrawlah2
01-15-2009, 08:57 PM
"Open wide you spaceboy motherfucker!"

Eugene Selassie
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
DC is Lame.

In the near future

Ultimate Crisis: Superman Dies and evreyone cries. (Again)

The Crisis of all Crisis's: All the Green Lanterns die only to have a Red or Orange or maybe a Yellow latern revive the Green Lanterns.

Crisis under Water, Multiple Oceans Collide: Aquamans of every ocean convince the sea life to kill all the multiple Aquamans. (There cannot be only one)

etc.

Atypical Marvel fanboy.

:yawn:

Paul Sanderson
01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
DC is a bit of a mess right now, dx is right. GL right now is the best book out, though, so they're still doing some things right.

Aidy
01-19-2009, 09:36 AM
Atypical Marvel fanboy.

Do you want to try not being an ass?

HaphazardJoy
01-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Atypical Marvel fanboy.

Beautiful typo.

The DarkMind
01-19-2009, 11:07 AM
Atypical Marvel fanboy.

you said atypical

Eugene Selassie
01-19-2009, 01:59 PM
1.) Yes DC is a mess right now, but it is obvious from his posts that he really is not reading anything that he is bashing.

2.) Really? Getting pretentious because I accidentally didn't hit the space bar?

3.) Aidy, you need to check the smarm. It wasn't just what he said, but how he said it.

I wasn't being the ass. He was.

Mike225
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
I wasn't being the ass. He was. :laugh: I can't wait for my son to use this argument. He'll be six next month, so he's too young right now.

Eugene Selassie
01-19-2009, 02:05 PM
:laugh: I can't wait for my son to use this argument. He'll be six next month, so he's too young right now.

Too young???

What a bunch of poppycock and boulderdash!!!!

:har:

Mike225
01-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Hunh. Now we're both being asses.

Eugene Selassie
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Hunh. Now we're both being asses.

Huh?

Mike225
01-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Oh, sorry. I'll explain. Anyone who uses "I wasn't doing it, he was" in an argument, then follows it with words such as "balderdash" and/or "poppycock" is being an ass at the least and could be teetering toward "douche." Shit, man! You may as well have thrown an "FYI" in there! Fucking douche! :laugh:

The DarkMind
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
you forgot to call him a douche at the end there mike to bring it all full circle again.

Mike225
01-19-2009, 02:23 PM
How's that?

The DarkMind
01-19-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm bored... don't ask stupid questions like "how's that?" :p

Mike225
01-19-2009, 02:27 PM
You wouldn't have noticed the editing I did otherwise, dumbass.

The DarkMind
01-19-2009, 02:31 PM
that's better

Mike225
01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
Shut the fuck up.

Mwynn
01-19-2009, 06:39 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/preview_images/dcnew/apr09/2/bftc_cv2.jpg

HaphazardJoy
01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Ewww, who colored that?

Paul Sanderson
01-19-2009, 09:04 PM
Is that Prometheus dressed as an armoured Batman? :huh:

Mike225
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Is that Prometheus dressed as an armoured Batman? :huh:I'd definitely pay to see that.

Moonrider
01-19-2009, 09:31 PM
Is that Prometheus dressed as an armoured Batman? :huh:

No. That's The Knight from the Club of Heroes storyline, son of the original First Knight from Batmen of All Nation. The girl with the slingshot is his sidekick, The Squire. Read the books, man.

Paul Sanderson
01-19-2009, 10:37 PM
The Knight? Club of Heroes? Batmen of All Nations? You're not exactly enticing me here.

Moonrider
01-19-2009, 10:55 PM
Or you can just Wiki those keywords on a whim, whichever you like, Frank. They were Golden Age characters revived by Morrison on a whodunnit story where international superheroes inspired by Batman got killed off one by one by a mysterious killer in a secluded island.

Aidy
01-20-2009, 04:41 AM
Are they also in his JLA Confidential storyline?

The DarkMind
01-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Ewww, who colored that?

nevermind the colors... ewwww, who DREW that? :confused: the chick with the cat mask is alllllllllllllllllll f'd up. i'm quite shocked by it really. :cry:

Moonrider
01-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Are they also in his JLA Confidential storyline?

None that I know of. They were reintroduced in Batman #667-669.

Eugene Selassie
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
The Knight? Club of Heroes? Batmen of All Nations? You're not exactly enticing me here.

Really Paul???

As much a fan that you are of golden/silver/bronze age and you didn't know that?

Aidy
01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
None that I know of. They were reintroduced in Batman #667-669.

He was...er...Ultramarine corps JLA Confidential 1-3...had Grodd in it. Didnt it tie-in to Secret Soliders? In a very lose way.

Moonrider
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM
He was...er...Ultramarine corps JLA Confidential 1-3...had Grodd in it. Didnt it tie-in to Secret Soliders? In a very lose way.

Was he? Haven't read those. Don't remember a 'Secret Soldier' book either, did you mean 'Seven Soldiers' or is it a title I just never heard of?

Paul Sanderson
01-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Really Paul???

As much a fan that you are of golden/silver/bronze age and you didn't know that?

I don't have every comic from that period, much as I'd like to. And I only have so much room in my head for useless trivia.

Aidy
01-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Was he? Haven't read those. Don't remember a 'Secret Soldier' book either, did you mean 'Seven Soldiers' or is it a title I just never heard of?

Yeah..i meant Seven Soldiers...sorry if you spent the evening online looking for a book that doesn't exist. I'm currently beating myself... :slap:

Mike225
01-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm currently beating myself... :slap: :laugh:

Buckyrig
01-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Mike's favorite topic after taters.

Mike225
01-21-2009, 02:10 PM
That's not true. Taters is not one of my favorite topics.

Eugene Selassie
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
That's not true. Taters is not one of my favorite topics.

What kind of taters?

Mwynn
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/php/multimedia/album.php?aid=25398

NickGuy
01-21-2009, 05:01 PM
What kind of taters?

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/taters_of_the_lost_ark.jpg

HaphazardJoy
05-20-2009, 04:03 PM
Well, this is pretty underwhelming. I didn't even notice that it was only three issues long, that's kinda brief. Though I understand now that those promo shots refer more to stuff that's still on the way now that the mini is done.

Paul Sanderson
05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
So, it's Dick and Damian?

Biofungus
05-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Have I been revealed to be the new Batman yet? (I'm really hoping it's me)

HaphazardJoy
05-21-2009, 01:45 AM
So, it's Dick and Damian?

Presumably.
Dick narrates #3, and towards the end his caption boxes start shifting from a Nightwing background to the Batman background, and when he puts on the cowl, it's Damian and Alfred waiting for him in the cave. Bruce TOLD Dick not to replace him, which Dick accepted at face value but later came to rebuff since Bruce was "wrong" about Gotham not needing a Batman. I find that whole bit very suspicious. If it's what they truly intended, then it's just really shitty writing. I don't buy Bruce thinking that the Batman isn't necessary, so I wonder if it was intentional to make Dick take on the role because it's what Dick felt was necessary, as opposed to because it was handed down to him.

The remaining questions are: What's up for Jason and Tim now, and who is the new Black Mask? Jason is "gone" for now, and Tim is playing what role? I kinda thought Jason might be the Black Mask as well. What does that promo art, if anything, entail for what's coming soon? For Two-Face and Hush, who obviously played little role in the actual BftC especially.

Jeez, where was the mystery and suspense in this? It was like: Hmm, it might be Jason as the mystery Batman... yep, it's him, I wonder what his motivation is? Oh, he's just crazy now? Okay, cool.

Moonrider
05-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I think now they have officially messed up Jason Todd's character into an unrecognizable pulp. He didn't have much reason to just go maniac like that.

HaphazardJoy
05-21-2009, 10:55 PM
I was REALLY hoping that the Batfamily got their smug asses kicked and then Jason saved the day and they revealed that it wasn't Jason in the new Batsuit in the first place.

Biofungus
05-22-2009, 12:14 AM
I was REALLY hoping that the Batfamily got their smug asses kicked and then Jason saved the day and they revealed that it wasn't Jason in the new Batsuit in the first place.
So it is me then?

Moonrider
05-22-2009, 12:46 AM
You can be the new Ratcatcher.

Biofungus
05-22-2009, 12:58 AM
I can't even catch a cold, never mind a rat!

HaphazardJoy
05-22-2009, 09:11 AM
Nightwing- Wait, Jason, if you're here than who's-...

Batman- ::evil cackle and sneer, reaches to remove the cowl... pulls it off to reveal...::

Jason- Yes Dick, it's true, I've been tracking down the clues ever since Black Mask destroyed Gotham. It's true... it's Biofungus from the Digital Webbing web forum.

Moonrider
05-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Nightwing- Wait, Jason, if you're here than who's-...

Batman- ::evil cackle and sneer, reaches to remove the cowl... pulls it off to reveal...::

Jason- Yes Dick, it's true, I've been tracking down the clues ever since Black Mask destroyed Gotham. It's true... it's Biofungus from the Digital Webbing web forum.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8083/batman638.jpg

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/7060/neumanhood.jpg