PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Due Publishing In Trouble...?

Gav Heryng
12-17-2008, 04:19 PM
Alright, guys. Not sure if anyones aware of this, but DDP has been going through some "restructuring" and it's having quite the impact on their publications. Halloween comics writer Stef Hutchinson posted this at the Official Halloween Message Board;

Some of you may be aware that there have been recent changes taking place at Devil's Due Publishing. For a brief summary, you can see here:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=18994

While I'm not privy to the events over at DDP, I can however tell you about the immediate effect on ourselves.

'The Mark of Thorn' has been delayed indefinitely, as have future Halloween titles while DDP perform their restructing to adjust their house ofr the rather bleak economic climate.

More importantly, there is no release date as yet for issue 3 of 'The First Death of Laurie Strode'.

As you can guess, I'm extremely frustrated by this as our book is a good seller. However, this is something we're going to have to wait out.

Needless to say, as soon as I hear anything, I'll update you.

In the meantime, we're going to spend the next month or two on new content for the website to ensure you get your Halloween fix until we figure out how far-reaching the events at DDP will be and how they'll effect the future of the Halloween comic books.

Fingers crossed this'll eventually smooth itself out. I'm hoping it does for three reasons; Stef's a friend, the books are a good read, and Ed letters some of them, and we all want to look after Ed, don't we?

Dis

Mark Bertolini
12-22-2008, 06:10 PM
Yes, we do want to look after Ed. Otherwise, who's sandbox will we play in?

Paul Sanderson
12-23-2008, 05:45 AM
I'm not surprised some of the smaller outfits are experiencing trouble at this time. It's sad, though.

jimmybott
12-23-2008, 10:58 AM
After the loss of the GI JOE licence a lot of people thought it would lead to hard times for DDP. I hope they manage to turn it around, but for a long time the joe books were really the core of their business, or at least it always seemed that way.

Gav Heryng
01-12-2009, 05:06 AM
Looks like Devil's Due is slowly starting to publish books again. Apparently they've had a reshuffle internally and are now back on track. The Halloween TPB is on its way.

Dis

Paul Sanderson
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Glad to hear it.

hellblazer72
01-14-2009, 12:13 AM
hope they continue on...zombies that ate the world is coming out through them ...have to love guy davis...

maverick
01-22-2009, 04:52 PM
I was working with an artist they had hired to draw a mini....he got thru one and a half issues then they canceled it and didn't pay him.

Aidy
01-23-2009, 07:05 AM
Dis, let me know when your trade will be put and I'll pick one up.