Ian Ascher
12-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Issue #26 is his last.

Paul Sanderson
12-10-2008, 06:11 PM
Bummer.

kdmelrose
12-10-2008, 07:20 PM
B-but where will I go for my monthly blend of superhero sadism and daddy issues?

:eek:

Buckyrig
12-10-2008, 07:28 PM
B-but where will I go for my monthly blend of superhero sadism and daddy issues?

:eek:

:blink:

What the Hell's been going on in the book?

kdmelrose
12-10-2008, 07:33 PM
Bloodshed, legacy fetishism, and the veneration of Kingdom Come.

Buckyrig
12-10-2008, 07:34 PM
legacy fetishism,

Isn't that the basic idea behind the concept?

kdmelrose
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Yes and no. Not (virtually) every character needs to be the son/daughter/grandchild/protege of some Golden Age hero.

I liked the idea of the older generation training the new one, but the family/direct successor links have gotten out of control.

Mr.Musgrave
12-10-2008, 11:36 PM
Good. Maybe someone else can make this book not suck again.

Lovecraft13
12-11-2008, 02:02 PM
Maybe Alex Ross' ego wanted to be listed above the marquee?

Ian Ascher
12-12-2008, 08:55 AM
Johns has said the person taking his place has never written the book but has been working on it.

My 1st guess is Alex Ross
My 2nd guess is Jerry Ordway

Aidy
12-16-2008, 11:16 AM
its gonna be Keith Giffen and J. M. DeMatteis.
Flash on a stair lift,
Alan Scott sleeping with transexuals (I dunno why)
Wildcat gets spayed
Cyclone's collar matches her cuffs.
Star has a brazilian and gets into a fight with Fire about who's the most sluttish in the DCU.

Eugene Selassie
12-16-2008, 11:24 AM
I think it'll be Gail Simone. Johns was VERY gender neutral when describing the new writer.

Aidy
12-16-2008, 11:54 AM
I think it'll be Gail Simone. Johns was VERY gender neutral when describing the new writer.

a good shout! and a good writer to boot....her wonder woman is kicking ass. And i dont really care for WW, the missues however, loves it..

Eugene Selassie
12-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Gail is also notoriously kind in contacting other creators for their blessing before taking over from another writer.

Geoff said the new writer contacted him for his blessing.

Eugene Selassie
12-16-2008, 01:00 PM
And you SHOULD be buying Wonder Woman. LOL

Seriously, her run goes up there with Perez, Jimenez and Rucka's as one of the best of all time.

kdmelrose
12-16-2008, 02:10 PM
If Johns said the new writer has been working on the book, that rules out Simone.

Ordway has worked on several issues, and is co-writing Issue 24, both of which make him a safe bet to take over for Johns.

Nitecrawlah2
12-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Yes and no. Not (virtually) every character needs to be the son/daughter/grandchild/protege of some Golden Age hero.

I liked the idea of the older generation training the new one, but the family/direct successor links have gotten out of control.
Yeah, it was a fantastic concept in the first series. Johns had always pegged this as the "family" book in DC, but the new series is getting a bit out of hand with it. "Oh, your grandfather was Mr.Amazo and he could - WOW, you have the exact same powers! Join us." Still love the book, could use a fresh scribe by now.

Paul Sanderson
12-16-2008, 06:10 PM
I like Jerry Ordway, both as writer and artist. He's worked far too little in the last few years too. Great news, if true.

Aidy
12-17-2008, 08:13 AM
And you SHOULD be buying Wonder Woman. LOL

Seriously, her run goes up there with Perez, Jimenez and Rucka's as one of the best of all time.

I am buying it and have been since the Medusa Greg Rucka story line..for my girl....she'd cut me up if i didnt get her that, JLA and Green Arrow.

Moonrider
12-17-2008, 10:43 AM
What's the last thing Ordway did before Booster Gold? I lost him after Power of Shazam.

WSSmith
12-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Has anyone else read the Superman/ Magog/ Kingdom Come special's.

Alex Ross did a great job with the Superman special. I mean it was the best thing done with Kingdom come in awhile. Where he tells Lois how his lois died!

Peter Tomasi - did good on Magog as well.

Geoff Johns -- then brought it home with the Kingdom Come special.

A real good tie in w/ JSA, that for once worked!

Sad Johns is leaving, but he is doing it to go to Legion of Superheroes.

Moonrider
12-17-2008, 10:57 AM
Which LoSH???

The Spirit
12-17-2008, 03:41 PM
I've been following JSA since #1 and I'm totally bored with each progressive issue. I stopped buying at issue 20, I liked the Superman special but it was more because of the art than anything else. The storyline with Gog and Magog is stupid to me it's just another anti-christian commentary IMO. Beatiful artwork all around though.

WSSmith
12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Which LoSH???

A new series launching out of LOSH of 3 Worlds mini. It is supposed to fix the continuity that has been destroyed over the years. This series has been good in every incarnation, but needs a revamp - a continuity boost!

I really didn't see an anti-christian aspect to the Magog special. Seemed more geared to set up the biblical aspects of the storyline. If anything, I thought the following issues were pro-religion with a christian/ moral theme. The bad guy, GOG, being a false messiah though leads to numerous interpretations.

Every word has 3.5 meanings, so I wonder how many a story can have!

Moonrider
12-19-2008, 10:20 AM
Strange if you call it anti-christian, because Gog and Magog are also featured in Islamic mythology.

@WSSmith: Does that mean the new Jim Shooter LoSH series will be cancelled? Because I love that series. :cry:

WSSmith
12-19-2008, 10:39 AM
@WSSmith: Does that mean the new Jim Shooter LoSH series will be cancelled? Because I love that series. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Yes canceled with issue 50, and I enjoy it alot myself. Ultra Boy hooking up w/ Saturn Girl - betraying Lighting Lad was a surprise only Shooter could have gotten away with.

Ian Ascher
12-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Bill Willingham is the new writer on JSA.

Announced in Dan Didio's 20 Questions on Newsarama.

Eugene Selassie
12-24-2008, 03:21 PM
@WSSmith: Does that mean the new Jim Shooter LoSH series will be cancelled? Because I love that series. :cry:

Yes canceled with issue 50, and I enjoy it alot myself. Ultra Boy hooking up w/ Saturn Girl - betraying Lighting Lad was a surprise only Shooter could have gotten away with.[/QUOTE]

I'm also highly upset about Shooter/Manipul LoSH being cancelled. This has been the best those characters have been handled since DnA Legion Lost. :man: