PDA

View Full Version : Comic's Greatest World

Mark Bertolini
12-01-2008, 09:09 PM
I recently re-read the X Omnibus, and while the stories seem really dated, I think Dark Horse could really do something with those CGW books from the mid-90s. In particular, I'd love to see new X, Ghost, The Machine, and Wolf Gang books. Get some top flight talent on them, and I think it could work now where it didn't before. Have one guy (like Warren Ellis) create a brand new bible (the way he did for the new universe), and it could be pretty good.

What do you think?

Ian Ascher
12-09-2008, 08:48 AM
All of those ideas have legs.

I have the CGW Omnibus which has the two weekly series they did and there are a lot of concepts that, in the right hands, could still work very well as superhero fiction.

Catalyst: Agents of Change was one of my favorites out of the original CGW concepts. I used to have all the issues in that run. Division 13 was another fun book.

Jamir with an E
12-09-2008, 06:21 PM
Unless the reason behind it is "legal-lise" in nature I'm forced to wonder why characters such as X and Ghost haven't been revamped and or revisited yet.

Ian Ascher
12-09-2008, 06:34 PM
My guess is Dark Horse knows that anynew superhero book is going to be a tough sell.

If the time ever arises where they think these characters can be brought back to life, I'm sure they'll take the chance. Right now though, a new book would be canceled in less than a year.

Mike225
12-09-2008, 09:04 PM
I liked X quite a bit.